Trump tax cuts, spending bill projected to raise federal deficit $804B+
04-09-2018 02:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UTSAMarineVet09 Offline
Corporal of the Board.

I Root For: UTSA
RE: Trump tax cuts, spending bill projected to raise federal deficit $804B+
Let me know when he adds $8T to the national debt.
04-09-2018 02:58 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
(04-09-2018 02:58 PM)UTSAMarineVet09 Wrote:  Let me know when he adds $8T to the national debt.

He's on pace. Already up like 1.1T so far and it's only expected to increase exponentially over the next several years. If he's in 8 years, he'll easily top that barring trickle down economics suddenly working for the first time ever.
04-09-2018 03:03 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
Per the NY Times:

WASHINGTON — The federal government’s annual budget deficit is set to widen significantly in the next few years, topping $1 trillion in 2020 despite healthy economic growth, according to new projections from the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office.

The national debt, which has topped $21 trillion, is expected to soar to more than $33 trillion in 2028. By then, debt held by the public will almost match the size of the nation’s economy, reaching 96 percent of gross domestic product, a higher level than any point since just after World War II and well past the level that economists say could court a crisis.
04-09-2018 03:04 PM
Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

I Root For: The Bridge of Death
(04-09-2018 03:04 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  Per the NY Times:

WASHINGTON — The federal government’s annual budget deficit is set to widen significantly in the next few years, topping $1 trillion in 2020 despite healthy economic growth, according to new projections from the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office.

The national debt, which has topped $21 trillion, is expected to soar to more than $33 trillion in 2028. By then, debt held by the public will almost match the size of the nation’s economy, reaching 96 percent of gross domestic product, a higher level than any point since just after World War II and well past the level that economists say could court a crisis.

But it's ok since it's a republican doing it and not a black guy
04-09-2018 03:06 PM
UTSAMarineVet09 Offline
Corporal of the Board.

(04-09-2018 03:03 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  
(04-09-2018 02:58 PM)UTSAMarineVet09 Wrote:  Let me know when he adds $8T to the national debt.

He's on pace. Already up like 1.1T so far and it's only expected to increase exponentially over the next several years. If he's in 8 years, he'll easily top that barring trickle down economics suddenly working for the first time ever.

so being on pace means that it happened already? like I said, let me know when he surpasses $8T... 07-coffee3
04-09-2018 03:06 PM
Advertisement

UTSAMarineVet09 Offline
Corporal of the Board.

(04-09-2018 03:06 PM)Kruciff Wrote:  

damn... just took 5 posts to make this about race... bahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!
04-09-2018 03:07 PM
thespiritof1976 Offline
Ancient Alien Theorist

I Root For: Zeti Reticuli
Budget analysis, huh ? By who ? By the DNC ?

Take the red pill and know that "ignorance is bliss" is the toxic elixir that TPTB use to keep you hemmed in to the henhouse (which are guarded by the wolves).
04-09-2018 03:10 PM
Bull_Is_Back Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Buffalo
(04-09-2018 03:06 PM)Kruciff Wrote:  But it's ok since it's a republican doing it and not a black guy

Right... Nobody here would have opposed Obama's spending at all if he was white... Clearly we will agree with anything a white liberal democrat says...

I wish I could say you're better than this... But you're not..
thespiritof1976 Offline
Ancient Alien Theorist

(04-09-2018 03:07 PM)UTSAMarineVet09 Wrote:  

damn... just took 5 posts to make this about race... bahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!

Just one more person to put on my ignore list.......but that's ok, cause I took rath v2.0 off of it...why he was ever on my ignore list is beyond me....probably something he said about UCF and I should have just have had a laugh with him about it anyway....
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2018 03:12 PM by thespiritof1976.)
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
Did any of that analysis account for the repatriating of money thats happening? Or did they leave that out of their work?
04-09-2018 03:17 PM
Advertisement

thespiritof1976 Offline
Ancient Alien Theorist

You know, all of you liberals could send the government as much money as you like. You know, if you'd like to (literally) put your money where your mouths are. Of course, you'll just continue to tell everyone else how to live anyway while not doing anything.
04-09-2018 03:19 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom

What it "trickle down economics"? Is that even a thing?

If we continue with an expanding economy, these forecasts are useless exercises in navel gazing.

That is, of course, if we can hold the line somewhat on the spending side which hasn't happened yet. 03-puke
04-09-2018 03:26 PM
thespiritof1976 Offline
Ancient Alien Theorist

(04-09-2018 03:26 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  

If we continue with an expanding economy, these forecasts are useless exercises in navel gazing.

That is, of course, if we can hold the line somewhat on the spending side which hasn't happened yet. 03-puke

Government will never quit spending.

Look at this way, if prostitution, drugs, and gambling were legalized, regulated, and taxed across all 50 states the government would no doubt take in a hell of a lot more revenue but the expenditures would exceed that by at least 2-1.
04-09-2018 03:29 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

Said no one ever.

Not ok then, not ok now. This isn't that tough.
04-09-2018 03:31 PM
thespiritof1976 Offline
Ancient Alien Theorist

Oh, and for the record, most on the right/libertarian side don't mind if money gets added to the deficit as long as something legitimate and concrete is done with it.

I did not see ONE pot hole. Not ONE street. Not ONE bridge. NOT one thing built with that 2009 stimulus. It went to Obama's cronies. If it went to employ people fitting potholes, or picking up trash, etc.. then most people, including myself, would be ok with it since it helped people stay afloat.

You liberals should be ashamed of yourselves. But you have none.
04-09-2018 03:31 PM
Advertisement

BuffaloTN Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis
We're never paying it back anyways so who gives a damn anymore. That ship has sailed. Better make your hay while you can.
04-09-2018 03:33 PM
Fort Bend Owl Offline
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
It's ridiculous to talk about 8 trillion dollars and everyone here should know that. That's over 8 years, not 1. Obama's 1st budget by most measures added 1.4 trillion to the deficit. So congrats, Trump's 1st budget improves upon that number. Both numbers suck for you and I, and our children.
04-09-2018 03:34 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

(04-09-2018 03:29 PM)thespiritof1976 Wrote:  

Look at this way, if prostitution, drugs, and gambling were legalized, regulated, and taxed across all 50 states the government would no doubt take in a hell of a lot more revenue but the expenditures would exceed that by at least 2-1.

Well, I've never suggested Government will ever quit spending.

But geeeez, let's do a couple of relatively simple and common sense things here.

A. Get back to "regular order". No more of these colossal omnibus bills, where no one has read them, they swallow up everything and there's next to no time for people to have a voice or object.

B. Scrap this gddamn idiocy of base-line budgeting with automatic increases across every agency, every position, every expenditure year over year over year. Go to base line budgeting where the dollars need to be justified and shown to be responsibly spent. Further, incentivize the people at these horribly bloated bureaucracy's to BE responsible. If they can find efficiencies to save a half million bucks (pick a number) from the agency budget. they get x% of whatever is saved. 1%? 5%? If you can get enough people in enough of these places onboard you could see real progress in relatively short period. Right now it's precisely the opposite. The incentive is to spend, spend, spend so they can somehow justify next years budget.

C. Cap any increases to a COL/inflation marker. If inflation is running at 2% then the Fed budget can go up a max of 2%. Currently the budget goes up annually at around 4%, that's doubling the damn budget every 25 freaking years. That's.nuts. Serious threats or natural disasters are not part of that. With the otherwise saved monies, we will be able to easily afford to address things like that, or dropping a few daisy cutters on dress wearing cave dwellers.

Long past time for a Big, Asss, Federal, Hair Cut.
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2018 04:06 PM by JMUDunk.)
04-09-2018 04:05 PM
thespiritof1976 Offline
Ancient Alien Theorist

(04-09-2018 04:05 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  
(04-09-2018 03:29 PM)thespiritof1976 Wrote:  

Well, I've never suggested Government will ever quit spending.

But geeeez, let's do a couple of relatively simple and common sense things here.

A. Get back to "regular order". No more of these colossal omnibus bills, where no one has read them, they swallow up everything and there's next to no time for people to have a voice or object.

B. Scrap this gddamn idiocy of base-line budgeting with automatic increases across every agency, every position, every expenditure year over year over year. Go to base line budgeting where the dollars need to be justified and shown to be responsibly spent. Further, incentivize the people at these horribly bloated bureaucracy's to BE responsible. If they can find efficiencies to save a half million bucks (pick a number) from the agency budget. they get x% of whatever is saved. 1%? 5%? If you can get enough people in enough of these places onboard you could see real progress in relatively short period. Right now it's precisely the opposite. The incentive is to spend, spend, spend so they can somehow justify next years budget.

C. Cap any increases to a COL/inflation marker. If inflation is running at 2% then the Fed budget can go up a max of 2%. Currently the budget goes up annually at around 4%, that's doubling the damn budget every 25 freaking years. That's.nuts. Serious threats or natural disasters are not part of that. With the otherwise saved monies, we will be able to easily afford to address things like that, or dropping a few daisy cutters on dress wearing cave dwellers.

Long past time for a Big, Asss, Federal, Hair Cut.

What I would give for a 5 year freeze on federal spending...
04-09-2018 04:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.