Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

MADELEINE ALBRIGHT: Will we stop Trump before it's too late?
TechRocks Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tech
MADELEINE ALBRIGHT: Will we stop Trump before it's too late?
I thought she was dead, or is it just that she smells that way?

[Image: 544979ae69beddcc22264090-960-720.jpg]

Quote:On April 28, 1945 — 73 years ago — Italians hung the corpse of their former dictator Benito Mussolini upside down next to a gas station in Milan. Two days later, Adolf Hitler committed suicide in his bunker beneath the streets of war-ravaged Berlin. Fascism, it appeared, was dead.

Meanwhile, the possibility that fascism will be accorded a fresh chance to strut around the world stage is enhanced by the volatile presidency of Donald Trump.

If freedom is to prevail over the many challenges to it, American leadership is urgently required. This was among the indelible lessons of the 20th century. But by what he has said, done and failed to do, Mr. Trump has steadily diminished America’s positive clout in global councils.

Equally alarming is the chance that Mr. Trump will set in motion events that neither he nor anyone else can control. His policy toward North Korea changes by the day and might quickly return to saber-rattling should Pyongyang prove stubborn before or during talks.

Read the rest of her senile drivel here:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/06/opini...%2Fopinion

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Was Albright not front and center when the Clinton Administration handed N. Korea the keys to grow their nuclear weapons program?
04-06-2018 05:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
RE: MADELEINE ALBRIGHT: Will we stop Trump before it's too late?
LOL, what is he even doing? Stop what?

Unhinged.
04-06-2018 05:43 PM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
She's just re-upping her bone fides with the liberals in DC and NYC. This is for one audience, and one audience only.

Honestly nothing surprising that she wrote this.
04-06-2018 05:44 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
Madeleine Notsobright writes an anti-Trump opinion piece in the NY Times. On the one hand that is to be expected but on the other for her to mention Mussolini and Hitler as a warning is beyond rationality. Don't choke on that sourpuss juice...

[Image: madeline_albright.jpg]
04-06-2018 07:26 PM
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
To late Maddy. She's old, maybe doesn't know it's 2018.
04-06-2018 07:32 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Holy Crap! The Walking Dead!
________
Quote:If you want to understand why so many Trump supporters are so disparaging of so-called "elites," you need look no further than former secretary of state Madeline Albright's column in the New York Times on Friday.

In her article, Albright assails the Trump administration for its supposedly fascist bent and calls on Americans to rise up in defense of liberal values. "What is to be done?" Albright asks, Well, first, she says, "defend the truth. A free press, for example, is not the enemy of the American people; it is the protector of the American people. Second, we must reinforce the principle that no one, not even the president, is above the law. Third, we should each do our part to energize the democratic process by registering new voters, listening respectfully to those with whom we disagree, knocking on doors for favored candidates, and ignoring the cynical counsel: There’s nothing to be done."

No problem with that last point: we do need to disagree in civility.

That said, I suspect Albright's first two contentions will ring hollow to many Americans. For a start, many observers of the media would likely contend that Albright's conception of "the truth" as it pertains to media reporting is not so absolute in its objective merit. By claiming so confidently that the mainstream media is collectively objective and implying that its critics are evil authoritarians, Albright isn't exactly "listening respectfully to those with whom we disagree. Media bias, after all, is very real and affects matters both significant and somewhat silly.

Link

[Image: hS2576Q.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2018 08:34 PM by CrimsonPhantom.)
04-06-2018 08:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(04-06-2018 07:26 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  Madeleine Notsobright writes an anti-Trump opinion piece in the NY Times. On the one hand that is to be expected but on the other for her to mention Mussolini and Hitler as a warning is beyond rationality. Don't choke on that sourpuss juice...

[Image: madeline_albright.jpg]

[Image: -1x-1.jpg]

stfu madeleine
04-06-2018 08:52 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

[Image: 20001023-albright_2088630i.jpg]

[Notsobright] It's so nice to finally meet you in person. A real life tyrannical leader with countless human rights violations. Oh, this is so exciting!

[Kim Jong-il] Welcome to my humble bunker. I want you to meet my son...
04-06-2018 10:07 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
[Image: PFS1Judge.jpg][Image: albrightmadeline02112015getty.jpg]
04-07-2018 02:49 AM
ODU BLUE Offline
1st String

I Root For: ODU
12:25 min mark says it all. She, like many in DC are getting rich off our China policy. Add to that she's anti Israel pro Muslim brotherhood.

(This post was last modified: 04-07-2018 04:30 AM by ODU BLUE.)
04-07-2018 04:21 AM
stinkfist Offline

(04-07-2018 04:21 AM)ODU BLUE Wrote:  12:25 min mark says it all. She, like many in DC are getting rich off our China policy. Add to that she's anti Israel pro Muslim brotherhood.

it's truly the duh duh da duh duh da duh duh category.....

(not you), but you'd have dumba, blinda, and have a turtle up your arse to not understand our biggest economic threat......screw the defense bs....that's all horseshite....

they've been a thorn for quite some time now......you're simply a dipshite if you don't understand why and how it happened.....

globalization + subsidized trade policy = lick my fk'n dick

#waytogodickbrains

we had everybody by the balls....however, like the brits, the franks, and da spainyards, we are slowly giving it all away.....

oh wellzy.....nuts zongo won't be around much longer....

the only thing we have working is the USD.....you best pray that fk'r keeps it's head above water and the #DJTexperiment works long term.....she's one fragile little biatch.....
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2018 04:53 AM by stinkfist.)
04-07-2018 04:44 AM
Advertisement

ODU BLUE Offline
1st String

(04-07-2018 04:44 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(04-07-2018 04:21 AM)ODU BLUE Wrote:  12:25 min mark says it all. She, like many in DC are getting rich off our China policy. Add to that she's anti Israel pro Muslim brotherhood.

(not you), but you'd have dumba, blinda, and have a turtle up your arse to not understand our biggest economic threat......screw the defense bs....that's all horseshite....

they've been a thorn for quite some time now......you're simply a dipshite if you don't understand why and how it happened.....

#waytogodickbrains

The DC swamp has been putting themselves and their families first and us last for 30 years. They have sold our technology and moved trillions of dollars of American middle-class wealth to the highest overseas bidder.
04-07-2018 04:51 AM
stinkfist Offline

(04-07-2018 04:51 AM)ODU BLUE Wrote:  
(04-07-2018 04:44 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  

#waytogodickbrains

edit from previous post: we had everybody by the balls....however, like the brits, the franks, and da spainyards, we are slowly giving it all away.....

oh wellzy.....nuts zongo won't be around much longer....

the only thing we have working is the USD.....you best pray that fk'r keeps it's head above water and the #DJTexperiment works long term.....she's one fragile little biatch.....

The DC swamp has been putting themselves and their families first and us last for 30 years. They have sold our technology and moved trillions of dollars of American middle-class wealth to the highest overseas bidder.

it's beyond disturbing and why I gave da finga to all my econ profs.....it's pissed me off all my life....I absolutely hate politics and the career faggoos.....

how the populous has allowed our gubberment to grow into this monstrous entity is a fk'n joke.....

we're digging our grave with their hands on the shovel....

#waytogodickbrains
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2018 05:03 AM by stinkfist.)
04-07-2018 05:01 AM
bubbapt Offline
Uh, what?

I Root For: Memphis

Donators
(04-06-2018 10:07 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  [Image: 20001023-albright_2088630i.jpg]

[Notsobright] It's so nice to finally meet you in person. A real life tyrannical leader with countless human rights violations. Oh, this is so exciting!

[Kim Jong-il] Welcome to my humble bunker. I want you to meet my son...

Kinda has that Wallace Simpson - Hitler feel. I wonder if she gave him the Baltimore Grip.
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2018 05:58 AM by bubbapt.)
04-07-2018 05:52 AM
BuffaloTN Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis
(04-07-2018 02:49 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  [Image: PFS1Judge.jpg][Image: albrightmadeline02112015getty.jpg]

Ok, that made me chuckle.
04-07-2018 09:42 AM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
[Image: and-then-it-became-disturbingly-clear-ma...657055.png]
04-07-2018 10:58 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline

(04-07-2018 10:58 AM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  [Image: and-then-it-became-disturbingly-clear-ma...657055.png]

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

we're all 99% genetically interrelated.....I simply don't claim 'em.....

when the hell does the Masters hit the airwaves.....
04-07-2018 11:19 AM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

That is so telling and hypocritical of Notsobright. She dogs the POTUS with fear mongering for "spreading global fascism" and yet she sucks from the financial teet of China that has it's own historical issues of human rights violations and an oppressive government. What's that Bible verse about not looking at the log in your own eye?
04-07-2018 02:06 PM
ODU BLUE Offline
1st String

Senator Mitch McConnell's wife's family owns a Chinese maritime shipping firm that is partly owned by the Chinese communist government. Swamp could careless about US middle-class.
04-07-2018 04:11 PM
ODU BLUE Offline
1st String

Russia is bad, China is good. So says the swamp.
04-07-2018 04:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.