Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Cal trying to move Wiseman to Findlay Prep. If he stays at East he'll be a Tiger
Bookmark and Share
TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Cal trying to move Wiseman to Findlay Prep. If he stays at East he'll be a Tiger
According to Parrish. Cal and friends are attempting to persuade James Wiseman to leave East. Parrish feels that if they are unsuccessfully he'll almost certainly be a Memphis Tiger come 2019. Parrish said there are a lot of moving parts. Cal, Kentucky folks, what side Nike takes, and agents. Should be interesting viewing.
04-04-2018 01:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Collegiate Black Man Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis State
RE: Cal trying to move Wiseman to Findlay Prep. If he stays at East he'll be a Tiger
Weird. How much sway should a college coach recruiting a high school student have in said student's high school career? Besides, how much can Cal do (both legally and "below the table") to make this happen?
04-04-2018 01:58 PM
mempho_to_diego Offline
2 legit 2 quit

RE: Cal trying to move Wiseman to Findlay Prep. If he stays at East he'll be a Tiger
Expected, but good to be in these discussions again. Fightn' for our own from the blue bloods.
04-04-2018 01:59 PM
btiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
CrappiesDonators
(04-04-2018 01:58 PM)Collegiate Black Man Wrote:  Weird. How much sway should a college coach recruiting a high school student have in said student's high school career? Besides, how much can Cal do (both legally and "below the table") to make this happen?

nothing legally03-lmfao
04-04-2018 01:59 PM
oakland steve Offline
All American

I Root For:
Penny's cousins husband is the coach at Findlay prep so why would cal want him at that school?
04-04-2018 02:38 PM
Marc Mensa Offline
You'll Get Nothing and Like It

I Root For: The Underdog
Pre FBI probe, Wiseman would already be enrolled at Findley.
04-04-2018 02:59 PM
Advertisement

tigergreen Offline

I Root For: MEMPHIS
(04-04-2018 02:59 PM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  Pre FBI probe, Wiseman would already be enrolled at Findley.

No doubt.
04-04-2018 03:28 PM
Tiger87 Offline
Hall of Famer

I figure Penny is trying to get Wiseman to reclassify, just as badly as Cal is trying to get him out of town. Will be an interesting battle, with a strong indicator provided at the end of the summer.
04-04-2018 04:49 PM
thagr82008 Offline
Banned

I Root For: MEMPHOBABEE
(04-04-2018 01:56 PM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  According to Parrish. Cal and friends are attempting to persuade James Wiseman to leave East. Parrish feels that if they are unsuccessfully he'll almost certainly be a Memphis Tiger come 2019. Parrish said there are a lot of moving parts. Cal, Kentucky folks, what side Nike takes, and agents. Should be interesting viewing.

(04-04-2018 01:59 PM)mempho_to_diego Wrote:  Expected, but good to be in these discussions again. Fightn' for our own from the blue bloods.

(04-04-2018 02:38 PM)oakland steve Wrote:  Penny's cousins husband is the coach at Findlay prep so why would cal want him at that school?

1 cent
04-04-2018 05:16 PM
memtigbb Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: memphis
(04-04-2018 02:38 PM)oakland steve Wrote:  Penny's cousins husband is the coach at Findlay prep so why would cal want him at that school?

Because Penny's cousin's husband who is the coach at Findlay prep has a son who already plays for KY.
04-04-2018 05:23 PM
oakland steve Offline
All American

I Root For:
(04-04-2018 05:23 PM)memtigbb Wrote:  

Because Penny's cousin's husband who is the coach at Findlay prep has a son who already plays for KY.

And ?

Washington implied he might have been here if penny was the coach last year?
04-04-2018 06:04 PM
Advertisement

memtigbb Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-04-2018 06:04 PM)oakland steve Wrote:  
(04-04-2018 05:23 PM)memtigbb Wrote:  

And ?

Washington implied he might have been here if penny was the coach last year?

But he wasn't and he didn't so now it is a situation where he either says "hey, go to Memphis and help them win big" or "hey, come to KY and help ME win big". If it were you, which would you choose? If it were your father, what would he choose? Help my son, or help Memphis? Pretty easy for me to decide, go to KY and help my son win a NC.
04-04-2018 06:10 PM
dcg141 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Leaving the AAC
(04-04-2018 01:56 PM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  According to Parrish. Cal and friends are attempting to persuade James Wiseman to leave East. Parrish feels that if they are unsuccessfully he'll almost certainly be a Memphis Tiger come 2019. Parrish said there are a lot of moving parts. Cal, Kentucky folks, what side Nike takes, and agents. Should be interesting viewing.

Wow...pretty much everything wrong with college bb covered in one sentence.
04-04-2018 06:17 PM
cbhstiger Offline
Phantom Mercenary

I Root For: Brewpubs
PJ Washington entered the draft, good chance he isn't even at Kentucky next year, but I do get your point. That said they also praised Penny after the hire, both him and his father..
04-04-2018 06:20 PM
memtigbb Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-04-2018 06:20 PM)cbhstiger Wrote:  PJ Washington entered the draft, good chance he isn't even at Kentucky next year, but I do get your point. That said they also praised Penny after the hire, both him and his father..

True, but I think it is more of an evaluation process. He is projected as a mid 2nd rounder. He might decide to go anyway, but if he has good advice he will return for one more season, IMO.
04-04-2018 06:25 PM
cbhstiger Offline
Phantom Mercenary

I Root For: Brewpubs
(04-04-2018 06:25 PM)memtigbb Wrote:  
(04-04-2018 06:20 PM)cbhstiger Wrote:  PJ Washington entered the draft, good chance he isn't even at Kentucky next year, but I do get your point. That said they also praised Penny after the hire, both him and his father..

True, but I think it is more of an evaluation process. He is projected as a mid 2nd rounder. He might decide to go anyway, but if he has good advice he will return for one more season, IMO.

Yea he may very well come back. I have no idea who is going to enter the draft and stay these days from Kentucky.. it's like a farm system and Cal seems to push them to enter even if they aren't projected to go high. We will see.

I do hope Wiseman ends up staying in Memphis. His family is here and his sister goes to the UofM, so maybe it will be enough to get him to stay. He will also play for Bluff City Legends, so just stick around I say!
04-04-2018 06:31 PM
Advertisement

thagr82008 Offline
Banned

(04-04-2018 06:31 PM)cbhstiger Wrote:  
(04-04-2018 06:25 PM)memtigbb Wrote:  

Yea he may very well come back. I have no idea who is going to enter the draft and stay these days from Kentucky.. it's like a farm system and Cal seems to push them to enter even if they aren't projected to go high. We will see.

I do hope Wiseman ends up staying in Memphis. His family is here and his sister goes to the UofM, so maybe it will be enough to get him to stay. He will also play for Bluff City Legends, so just stick around I say!

Reclassify, play two more seasons with ALO & 1cent, possibly WIN ANOTHER Ship with core players; system and people that he can trust = No Brainer.....KENSUCKY Tucks 03-idea
04-04-2018 06:50 PM
jamammy Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
This part, "what side Nike takes", is the most interesting dynamic in this for me.

They have to give Penny this opportunity to make THEIR brand stronger by making HIS brand stronger.
04-04-2018 08:24 PM
thagr82008 Offline
Banned

(04-04-2018 08:24 PM)jamammy Wrote:  This part, "what side Nike takes", is the most interesting dynamic in this for me.

They have to give Penny this opportunity to make THEIR brand stronger by making HIS brand stronger.

03-idea ^^^^^ This guy! Muy brilliante'
04-04-2018 08:52 PM
HometownTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

Cal wasnt going down without a fight. Gonna be a wrastlin’ match
04-04-2018 09:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.