Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Now the calculating begins
Bookmark and Share
MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

I Root For: CHI ST, CROWLEY, TEX WES
We as fans will have to decide what is "acceptable" for our new coach in his first year.
04-01-2018 01:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mjs Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
RE: Now the calculating begins
(04-01-2018 01:22 PM)MICHAELSPAPPY Wrote:  We as fans will have to decide what is "acceptable" for our new coach in his first year.

If he could double our wins, that would be pretty amazing. No idea if that is possible, until we see who stays and who he might be able to sign late.
04-01-2018 09:19 PM
mjs Online
Hall of Famer

(04-01-2018 09:19 PM)mjs Wrote:  
(04-01-2018 01:22 PM)MICHAELSPAPPY Wrote:  We as fans will have to decide what is "acceptable" for our new coach in his first year.

If he could double our wins, that would be pretty amazing. No idea if that is possible, until we see who stays and who he might be able to sign late.

I don't want to get delusional, at this point, but maybe mid to high teens is not impossible. Seems like some really key guys like Tucker and Burns are "stuck" here, having redshirted this season. Oliver already has used a redshirt year. Bankston is local, and I'm really hopeful that Lottie and Cocoran will stick with us. I can't see Reedus wanting to sit out a year, and he will be much improved and hopefully healthy as a senior. If Darrell can sign a couple of sleepers, we might just be pretty competitive next season.
04-01-2018 09:33 PM
PTJR Offline
Heisman

I Root For: LR / UR / CU
(04-01-2018 09:33 PM)mjs Wrote:  
(04-01-2018 09:19 PM)mjs Wrote:  

I don't want to get delusional, at this point, but maybe mid to high teens is not impossible. Seems like some really key guys like Tucker and Burns are "stuck" here, having redshirted this season. Oliver already has used a redshirt year. Bankston is local, and I'm really hopeful that Lottie and Cocoran will stick with us. I can't see Reedus wanting to sit out a year, and he will be much improved and hopefully healthy as a senior. If Darrell can sign a couple of sleepers, we might just be pretty competitive next season.

Ah hell Micky, when it comes to the Trojans, you stay delusional! But it's a good thing for fans to be optimistic! But you are sometimes at the other extreme, so it depends.
(This post was last modified: 04-01-2018 10:09 PM by PTJR.)
04-01-2018 10:01 PM
eh9198 Offline
All American

I Root For: Little Rock
Expectations will come for me once I see the staff he assembles, who stays here, and who he recruits here. First blush, I’d say 14 wins would be a solid improvement.
04-02-2018 07:35 AM
Advertisement

RBL Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Little Rock
Remember Beard saying he wasn’t here to rebuild, he was hear to win now. I like that. I would expect to be in top 4 and get bye in tournament. Anything less would be disappointing. Don’t know how Coach will do it but will need to get a few key players like Beard did and get the best out of the players he keeps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
04-02-2018 09:07 AM
mjs Online
Hall of Famer

We did lose a ton of close games last year. We could argue about whether that was due to coaching, being "young", or simply "bad luck". But, we just turn those all those close losses into close wins, 14 or more wins is very possible.
04-02-2018 09:59 AM
PTJR Offline
Heisman

I Root For: LR / UR / CU
(04-02-2018 09:59 AM)mjs Wrote:  We did lose a ton of close games last year. We could argue about whether that was due to coaching, being "young", or simply "bad luck". But, we just turn those all those close losses into close wins, 14 or more wins is very possible.

From what I saw out of our players in the last regular season game, with better leadership, that bunch could have won a lot more games than they did. If most of the eligible players can be retained, I think Little Rock should have a decent year next year, again depending on the quality of the leadership.
04-02-2018 10:24 AM
mjs Online
Hall of Famer

(04-02-2018 10:24 AM)PTJR Wrote:  
(04-02-2018 09:59 AM)mjs Wrote:  We did lose a ton of close games last year. We could argue about whether that was due to coaching, being "young", or simply "bad luck". But, we just turn those all those close losses into close wins, 14 or more wins is very possible.

From what I saw out of our players in the last regular season game, with better leadership, that bunch could have won a lot more games than they did. If most of the eligible players can be retained, I think Little Rock should have a decent year next year, again depending on the quality of the leadership.

Ironically, that "bunch" won at both ULL and ASU. I haven't checked, but I doubt that has happened more than a couple of times, in the same year, in the 25 or so years we have been in the Belt.
04-02-2018 10:54 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.