Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Mueller pushed Gates for help on Collusion
Marc Mensa Online
You'll Get Nothing and Like It

I Root For: The Underdog
Mueller pushed Gates for help on Collusion
... brick by brick, Robert Mueller continues to build the case for collusion against Gates, Manafort and Donald Trump.

Mueller: Gates, Manafort Trump Russia Collusion

(CNN) — Special counsel Robert Mueller's team last year made clear it wanted former Trump campaign deputy Rick Gates' help, not so much against his former business partner Paul Manafort, but with its central mission: investigating the Trump campaign's contact with the Russians. New information disclosed in court filings and to CNN this week begin to show how they're getting it.

In a court filing earlier this week, the public saw the first signs of how the Mueller team plans to use information from Gates to tie Manafort, the former Trump campaign chairman, directly to a Russian intelligence agency. Mueller's team alleges that Gates was in contact with a close colleague of Manafort's who worked for a Russian intelligence agency -- and that Gates knew of the spy service ties in September and October 2016, while he worked on the Trump campaign. Gates would have to talk about the communication with the man if prosecutors wanted, according to his plea deal.

The alleged Russian intelligence agent, referred to as "Person A" in the court filing, appears to be Konstantin Kilimnik, a former employee who worked with Manafort's firm and lived in Kiev and Moscow, according to sources familiar with the investigation. In December, the Mueller prosecutors made a similar unnamed reference to Kilimnik, saying he is "assessed to have ties to a Russian intelligence service." That was related to a Kiev newspaper op-ed that Kilimnik helped edit in consultation with Manafort late last year, which prosecutors said could violate a court-imposed gag order on Manafort.

A chief criticism from President Donald Trump and his defenders has been that the charges brought so far by the special counsel don't relate directly to Mueller's central mission investigating possible illegal coordination between the Trump campaign and the Russian government, which the President and others often shorthand using the term collusion. The accusation related to Kilimnik and ties to Russian intelligence, made in Mueller's Tuesday filing, begins to answer that criticism, but so far without actually making the charge in Manafort's case.
03-29-2018 06:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TechRocks Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tech
RE: Mueller pushed Gates for help on Collusion
Yeah, this should do it Mensa. He's going down now.
03-29-2018 06:56 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(03-29-2018 06:40 PM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  ... brick by brick, Robert Mueller continues to build the case for collusion against Gates, Manafort and Donald Trump.

(CNN) — Special counsel Robert Mueller's team last year made clear it wanted former Trump campaign deputy Rick Gates' help, not so much against his former business partner Paul Manafort, but with its central mission: investigating the Trump campaign's contact with the Russians. New information disclosed in court filings and to CNN this week begin to show how they're getting it.

In a court filing earlier this week, the public saw the first signs of how the Mueller team plans to use information from Gates to tie Manafort, the former Trump campaign chairman, directly to a Russian intelligence agency. Mueller's team alleges that Gates was in contact with a close colleague of Manafort's who worked for a Russian intelligence agency -- and that Gates knew of the spy service ties in September and October 2016, while he worked on the Trump campaign. Gates would have to talk about the communication with the man if prosecutors wanted, according to his plea deal.

The alleged Russian intelligence agent, referred to as "Person A" in the court filing, appears to be Konstantin Kilimnik, a former employee who worked with Manafort's firm and lived in Kiev and Moscow, according to sources familiar with the investigation. In December, the Mueller prosecutors made a similar unnamed reference to Kilimnik, saying he is "assessed to have ties to a Russian intelligence service." That was related to a Kiev newspaper op-ed that Kilimnik helped edit in consultation with Manafort late last year, which prosecutors said could violate a court-imposed gag order on Manafort.

A chief criticism from President Donald Trump and his defenders has been that the charges brought so far by the special counsel don't relate directly to Mueller's central mission investigating possible illegal coordination between the Trump campaign and the Russian government, which the President and others often shorthand using the term collusion. The accusation related to Kilimnik and ties to Russian intelligence, made in Mueller's Tuesday filing, begins to answer that criticism, but so far without actually making the charge in Manafort's case.

Still havent. Havent even come close. Smells frantically desperate to me. At this point, the Trump Deep State conspiracy charge are a more fact based narrative than collusion.
(This post was last modified: 03-29-2018 06:58 PM by Attackcoog.)
03-29-2018 06:56 PM
Marc Mensa Online

(03-29-2018 06:56 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(03-29-2018 06:40 PM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  ... brick by brick, Robert Mueller continues to build the case for collusion against Gates, Manafort and Donald Trump.

Still havent. Havent even come close. Smells frantically desperate to me. At this point, the Trump Deep State conspiracy charge are a more fact based narrative than collusion.

If Manfort and Gates knowingly worked with a GRU agent to gain political assistance then it more than comes close to qualifying as collusion.

If its one thing Mueller hasnt been is frantic or desperate. Quite the contrary.
03-29-2018 07:15 PM
Marc Mensa Online

(03-29-2018 06:56 PM)TechRocks Wrote:  Yeah, this should do it Mensa. He's going down now.

thats what she said
03-29-2018 07:16 PM
TechRocks Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tech
(03-29-2018 07:15 PM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  

If Manfort and Gates knowingly worked with a GRU agent to gain political assistance then it more than comes close to qualifying as collusion.

If its one thing Mueller hasnt been is frantic or desperate. Quite the contrary.

Yes, and if my aunt had testicles, she'd be my uncle. This one's a reach, even by your standards, then again, it is CNN.
03-29-2018 07:22 PM
Advertisement

Jugnaut Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
I think this weighs more against Mueller than Trump. Mueller is known in the legal community as someone who is more interested in getting someone than the truth. He exerts pressure on people to force them to give favorable testimony even if not truthful. He's a "show me the man and I'll show you the crime" kind of prosecutor.
(This post was last modified: 03-29-2018 07:28 PM by Jugnaut.)
03-29-2018 07:27 PM
Marc Mensa Online

(03-29-2018 07:22 PM)TechRocks Wrote:  

Yes, and if my aunt had testicles, she'd be my uncle. This one's a reach, even by your standards, then again, it is CNN.

How do you know your aunt doesn’t have testicles? Given your ability to decipher information, she’s most assuredly sporting nads.
(This post was last modified: 03-29-2018 07:29 PM by Marc Mensa.)
03-29-2018 07:28 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
03-lmfao come on man, thats it?

[Image: 510.gif]
(This post was last modified: 03-29-2018 07:53 PM by shere khan.)
03-29-2018 07:51 PM
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
Mueller has over charged before and been overturned by courts. He is an ambulance chasing political hack. He should be relegated to whiplash lawsuits since he's a third rate legal mind. 05-stirthepot
03-29-2018 07:55 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
These clown ass leftists really want to believe collusion with Russia. It is so dam hilarious to see them make fools of themselves.
03-29-2018 10:18 PM
Advertisement

Marc Mensa Online

(03-29-2018 07:55 PM)THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:  Mueller has over charged before and been overturned by courts. He is an ambulance chasing political hack. He should be relegated to whiplash lawsuits since he's a third rate legal mind. 05-stirthepot

Really... a political hack... a 3rd rate legal mind... you’ve got a higher bar set for the independent counsel than you do for the President... though, admittedly, Mueller is twice the person Trump is.
03-29-2018 10:22 PM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
Sounds like to me the damning IG report is about to be released.
03-29-2018 10:44 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
(03-29-2018 10:22 PM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  
(03-29-2018 07:55 PM)THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:  Mueller has over charged before and been overturned by courts. He is an ambulance chasing political hack. He should be relegated to whiplash lawsuits since he's a third rate legal mind. 05-stirthepot

Really... a political hack... a 3rd rate legal mind... you’ve got a higher bar set for the independent counsel than you do for the President... though, admittedly, Mueller is twice the person Trump is.

So what makes him twice the person of Trump?
03-29-2018 10:50 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston

Yes it would be. But the House committee has already said no US citizen "knowingly" conspired and Muellers own indictments said no US citizens "knowingly" conspired. You can want it to be true all you like--but the only collusion with a foriegn power was done by the democrats. Interestingly---despite admitting collusion with Ukraine, no Democrat Party officials have been indicted for that collusion. Do you know why? Its not illegal to obtain and report information about candidates for president in the US. If it were, every reporter with foriegn sources would be in jail.
(This post was last modified: 03-30-2018 01:31 AM by Attackcoog.)
03-30-2018 01:30 AM
Marc Mensa Online

The House Investigation was a political sham meant to provide cover for the President. If Mueller comes to the same conclusion then Ill accept it.
03-30-2018 07:34 AM
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(03-30-2018 07:34 AM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  The House Investigation was a political sham meant to provide cover for the President. If Mueller comes to the same conclusion then Ill accept it.

Will you really?
03-30-2018 07:41 AM
appst89 Offline
Herding Cats

I Root For: Appalachian St.
(03-30-2018 07:34 AM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  The House Investigation was a political sham meant to provide cover for the President. If Mueller comes to the same conclusion then Ill accept it.

The Mueller investigation is a sham instigated by those attempting a coup against the President of the US. I'll trust the conclusion of the House.
03-30-2018 07:58 AM
Marc Mensa Online

(03-30-2018 07:41 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  

Will you really?

Sure I will because its largely been apolitical and exhaustive.
03-30-2018 08:00 AM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
(03-30-2018 08:00 AM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  
(03-30-2018 07:41 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  

Will you really?

Sure I will because its largely been apolitical and exhaustive.

Im' not sure how many APOLITICAL investigations I've seen where the investigators themselves are implicated in a damning IG report.
03-30-2018 08:36 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.