Coach of the year
03-28-2018 08:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HuronRob Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: EMU
Coach of the year
Yeah...let’s get rid of a sport that is improving and with a coach recognized as being the best in the league. Wrestling isn’t even that expensive when compared to a lot of other sports. Must’ve been travelling costs. Still, way to go EMU!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
03-29-2018 08:01 AM
Ken Barna Offline
All American

RE: Coach of the year
Dear Friends,
Not saying that Coach Bolyard did not deserve the honor, because the wrestling program was improving, but I wonder if some of those voting for him, did so because the program was being dropped?
03-29-2018 08:13 AM
masttg Offline
1st String

Was a finalist for National Coach of the Year too. That list was announced a week or two before the program was cut.
(This post was last modified: 03-29-2018 08:43 AM by masttg.)
03-29-2018 08:42 AM
Advertisement

Luckeyone Offline
Heisman

It's great he won the award because that should help him find employment elsewhere.
03-29-2018 09:47 AM
ljmhurons Offline
1st String

I Root For: emu
(03-29-2018 09:47 AM)Luckeyone Wrote:  It's great he won the award because that should help him find employment elsewhere.

Bolyard will have to move his family (wife and small child) even though he's doing an exceptionally good job.

On the other hand I'm pretty sure our fb special teams coach still has his job.
03-29-2018 10:11 AM
EagleTough Offline
All American

Life is just so 'unfair'

Congrats to coach Bolyard, looks like he has a very bright future.

'Those who are lifting the world upward and onward are those who encourage more than criticize.'

Upward and onward Mr. Bolyard!
03-29-2018 10:50 AM
Advertisement

emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-29-2018 10:11 AM)ljmhurons Wrote:  
(03-29-2018 09:47 AM)Luckeyone Wrote:  It's great he won the award because that should help him find employment elsewhere.

Bolyard will have to move his family (wife and small child) even though he's doing an exceptionally good job.

So what does our fb special teams coach have to do with wrestling being eliminated? I didn't know you were the head of personnel at athletic department or made hiring and firing decisions for the football team. Must have missed that press release.
03-29-2018 11:03 AM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-29-2018 08:42 AM)masttg Wrote:  Was a finalist for National Coach of the Year too. That list was announced a week or two before the program was cut.

Well deserved and he is going out on a high note, he will probably get a nice bump in salary at his new job.
03-29-2018 11:04 AM
ljmhurons Offline
1st String

(03-29-2018 11:03 AM)emu79 Wrote:  

So what does our fb special teams coach have to do with wrestling being eliminated? I didn't know you were the head of personnel at athletic department or made hiring and firing decisions for the football team. Must have missed that press release.

We get rid of those who succeed and keep those who fail. Should I remind you of what our punting looked like last year? Punt returns were weak. Placekicker choked at key times. Our best punter was our QB. Special teams were awful.
03-29-2018 11:27 AM
Advertisement

emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-29-2018 11:27 AM)ljmhurons Wrote:  

We get rid of those who succeed and keep those who fail. Should I remind you of what our punting looked like last year? Punt returns were weak. Placekicker choked at key times. Our best punter was our QB. Special teams were awful.

I generally give new football assts a year to bring in their own people rather than those who they inherit.
03-29-2018 11:51 AM
Luckeyone Offline
Heisman

....even so Football is King! EMU will win the 2019 MAC football championship if we get better than average QB play.
03-29-2018 08:34 PM
ljmhurons Offline
1st String

(03-29-2018 11:51 AM)emu79 Wrote:  

I generally give new football assts a year to bring in their own people rather than those who they inherit.
Seriously? A whole year to figure out how to punt? Let's not forget, those are CC's guys.
03-29-2018 10:50 PM
Advertisement

HuronRob Offline
Special Teams

Coach of the year
(03-29-2018 08:34 PM)Luckeyone Wrote:  

....even so Football is King! EMU will win the 2019 MAC football championship if we get better than average QB play.

There you go again...

You make the ctaziest damn statements. What was it last year? Oh yeah...Roback is the best QB in the MAC. For sure! Crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
03-29-2018 11:13 PM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-29-2018 10:50 PM)ljmhurons Wrote:  
(03-29-2018 11:51 AM)emu79 Wrote:  
(03-29-2018 10:11 AM)ljmhurons Wrote:  Bolyard will have to move his family (wife and small child) even though he's doing an exceptionally good job.

Seriously? A whole year to figure out how to punt? Let's not forget, those are CC's guys.

Seriously Nunez inherited what Keen left him lets see what happens this year also we lost Barnes the long snapper and kick off guy Renius before the start of last season
03-30-2018 02:42 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.