Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

More good tbits from TMo
Bookmark and Share
RamblinRedWolf Offline
All American

I Root For: Arkansas State
More good tbits from TMo
Some interesting convo discussions Astate ad shared during his weekly radio interviews...

-stated there could be some shakeups with the Belts current bowl affiliations after the mortatorium ends in 2019, and said there are groups in Atlanta & Charlotte that might be interested in a starting a bowl game up

-Also said karl benson will be retiring as commissioner within the next year or two

I’ll share the link of his interview once it gets posted
03-28-2018 12:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JTApps1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: App State
RE: More good tbits from TMo
(03-28-2018 12:38 PM)RamblinRedWolf Wrote:  Some interesting convo discussions Astate ad shared during his weekly radio interviews...

-stated there could be some shakeups with the Belts current bowl affiliations after the mortatorium ends in 2019, and said there are groups in Atlanta & Charlotte that might be interested in a starting a bowl game up

-Also said karl benson will be retiring as commissioner within the next year or two

The City Of Charlotte/County is about renovate old Memorial Stadium just outside of downtown. The original plan was to build a new stadium on that site to land an MLS team, but once that didn't work out plans were scaled back to a major renovation of the current stadium which is home to minor league soccer and lacrosse. Adding a bowl game would make sense considering the investment being made.
03-28-2018 12:46 PM
Yosef Himself Offline
Heisman

A Charlotte or Atlanta bowl game would be huge for the eastern teams. Drop the Arizona Bowl for either of those proposed cities and match it with CUSA or AAC and you'd have a damn good crowd.
03-28-2018 01:11 PM
Georgia_Power_Company Offline
All American

I Root For: GA Southern
I never get tired of Bowl games but I think 5 is the reasonable limit for us given we are a 10 team conference. Dropping the Arizona Bowl would be Okay but adding one in Charlotte doesn't serve the western division very well. The Cure Bowl may be more in jeopardy than any of them really.
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2018 01:16 PM by Georgia_Power_Company.)
03-28-2018 01:15 PM
CardinalBlackTrojan Offline

I Root For: TROY
(03-28-2018 12:38 PM)RamblinRedWolf Wrote:  Some interesting convo discussions Astate ad shared during his weekly radio interviews...

I'm not sure if this is good or bad. Overall I like what Benson has done as commissioner. Bringing in App State/Georgia Southern/Texas State/UTA was his best move.

What I'm worried about is if Benson leaves... we could wind up with a lot worse... similar to how CUSA got Judy MacLeod. Look at what that's done for them...
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2018 02:07 PM by CardinalBlackTrojan.)
03-28-2018 02:04 PM
Yosef Himself Offline
Heisman

(03-28-2018 01:15 PM)Georgia_Power_Company Wrote:  I never get tired of Bowl games but I think 5 is the reasonable limit for us given we are a 10 team conference. Dropping the Arizona Bowl would be Okay but adding one in Charlotte doesn't serve the western division very well. The Cure Bowl may be more in jeopardy than any of them really.
The western teams have Mobile, Montgomery and New Orleans. Give the East the Cure and CLT/ATL.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using CSNbbs mobile app
03-28-2018 02:10 PM
Advertisement

TrueBlueDrew Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jawjuh Suthen
(03-28-2018 02:10 PM)Yosef Himself Wrote:  
(03-28-2018 01:15 PM)Georgia_Power_Company Wrote:  I never get tired of Bowl games but I think 5 is the reasonable limit for us given we are a 10 team conference. Dropping the Arizona Bowl would be Okay but adding one in Charlotte doesn't serve the western division very well. The Cure Bowl may be more in jeopardy than any of them really.
The western teams have Mobile, Montgomery and New Orleans. Give the East the Cure and CLT/ATL.

The Alabama bowls aren't exactly "western." Another bowl in Louisiana or Houston would be more accessible to the SBC west and especially for teams like TXST.

The bowls in Shreveport and Houston are currently hanging in the balance, so we might luck out.
03-28-2018 02:16 PM
Georgia_Power_Company Offline
All American

I Root For: GA Southern

I understand what you're saying but really the Bowls in Alabama and Florida are easy drives for most of the Eastern Division. Not saying Arizona is an easy drive for the West but Charlotte or Orlando are not either. I guess the Alabama Bowls go either way but to me a Bowl added in Texas would be a good thing.

Maybe if Karl can do us a solid before he bows out and can get us in the Heart of Dallas Bowl or the Frisco Bowl instead of the Arizona Bowl. I'd like to see us keep the two bowls in Alabama and the New Orleans Bowl and then if we loose the Cure add one in Atlanta or Charlotte.
03-28-2018 02:19 PM
Florida RedWolf Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: arkansas state
(03-28-2018 02:04 PM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  

I'm not sure if this is good or bad. Overall I like what Benson has done as commissioner. Bringing in App State/Georgia Southern/Texas State/UTA was his best move.

What I'm worried about is if Benson leaves... we could wind up with a lot worse... similar to how CUSA got Judy MacLeod. Look at what that's done for them...

Do not be concerned! Our AD's and the presidents know the type of commissioner needed to move us forward and they will make the right decision. Its too important not to do so. Replacing Karl is a real opportunity for the conference. I'm not throwing Karl overboard but do think we will have a guy to move us big steps forward. The future is bright with this good news.
03-28-2018 02:23 PM
RamblinRedWolf Offline
All American

I Root For: Arkansas State
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2018 02:26 PM by RamblinRedWolf.)
03-28-2018 02:26 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
(03-28-2018 02:19 PM)Georgia_Power_Company Wrote:  

I understand what you're saying but really the Bowls in Alabama and Florida are easy drives for most of the Eastern Division. Not saying Arizona is an easy drive for the West but Charlotte or Orlando are not either. I guess the Alabama Bowls go either way but to me a Bowl added in Texas would be a good thing.

Maybe if Karl can do us a solid before he bows out and can get us in the Heart of Dallas Bowl or the Frisco Bowl instead of the Arizona Bowl. I'd like to see us keep the two bowls in Alabama and the New Orleans Bowl and then if we loose the Cure add one in Atlanta or Charlotte.

The geographic center of the league is in Mississippi. The Mobile and Montgomery games are east of the centerpoint.
03-28-2018 04:27 PM
Advertisement

airtroop Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
I vote for T-Mo for commish.
03-28-2018 04:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rokamortis Offline
All American

I Root For: Coastal
(03-28-2018 04:33 PM)airtroop Wrote:  I vote for T-Mo for commish.

I was thinking the same thing.
03-28-2018 04:54 PM
sdcritter Offline
All American

I Root For: stAte
Three of us now.
03-28-2018 06:19 PM
EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ga Southern
(03-28-2018 06:19 PM)sdcritter Wrote:  Three of us now.

Huh? He's much more useful to Ark State as an AD than he is as a commissioner.

Honestly, my only complaint is I wish we'd have someone a little more enthusiastic in interviews and have someone that would've stuck up for us when we applied for our bowl waiver. Aside from that, the commissioner is mostly a figurehead.
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2018 06:50 PM by EigenEagle.)
03-28-2018 06:49 PM
sdcritter Offline
All American

He could be so much more. I don't want to lose TMo but if he promoted our conference the way he's pushed the Redwolves it would be good for all of us IMHO.
03-28-2018 07:14 PM
Advertisement

warhawk09 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Bob
My goodness, he needs to learn how to keep his mouth shut.
03-28-2018 07:36 PM
Fanof49ASU Online
Heisman

I don’t want TMO leaving stAte. He might help the conference, but stAte would pay the price with his departure.
We can’t replace him....and I’ve seen some HORRIBLE ADs come and go.
03-28-2018 07:36 PM
sdcritter Offline
All American

(03-28-2018 07:36 PM)warhawk09 Wrote:  My goodness, he needs to learn how to keep his mouth shut.

LOL. He's crazy like a fox. His tongue slips when it needs to. I'm surprised you folks haven't noticed that.

I agree on not wanting him to leave stAte. But it will happen eventually. The guy is way too good to stay with us forever. So if he went to a job that continued to benefit us, I think I'd be OK with that.
03-28-2018 08:32 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(03-28-2018 06:49 PM)EigenEagle Wrote:  
(03-28-2018 06:19 PM)sdcritter Wrote:  Three of us now.

Huh? He's much more useful to Ark State as an AD than he is as a commissioner.

Honestly, my only complaint is I wish we'd have someone a little more enthusiastic in interviews and have someone that would've stuck up for us when we applied for our bowl waiver. Aside from that, the commissioner is mostly a figurehead.

I'd prefer him as commish honestly. Still not sold on everything he's claiming to do for Athletics.
03-28-2018 09:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.