Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Sen Inhofe introduces bill to end "catch and release" of illegal immigrants
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
Sen Inhofe introduces bill to end "catch and release" of illegal immigrants
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/03/...untry.html

Quote:Oklahoma’s senior senator says he has a novel way to end the controversial practice of “catch and release” on the border.

Instead of releasing illegal immigrants once they are caught trying to enter the country – and hope they show up to immigration court – Sen. Jim Inhofe, R-Okla., proposes sending them back to their home country. That way, he said, the illegal immigrants don’t become “absorbed” in the U.S. after they fail to show up to court.

A large number of illegal immigrants who are caught, then released, fail to show up to immigration court, he said. They end up staying in the county illegally, he said.

Following a tour with border agents in Brownsville, Texas, on Monday, Inhofe said he planned to introduce legislation in the next three weeks that would allow immigration agents to send those caught illegally crossing the border back home.

“This merely says if they’re caught in the country, send them back to their country while they wait for the court date,” he said.

President Trump signed an executive order last year to end “catch-and-release,” when illegal immigrants are detained and let go in the U.S. But his plan, to keep the immigrants detained until their court proceedings have ended, was stymied by a years-long backlog in immigration court and shortage of beds at detention centers.

But Inhofe said “catch and release” does not have to continue because of the bed shortage.

"The reason why 70 percent of [undocumented immigrants] don't make their court date is because [the federal government doesn’t] make them stay in their country,” he said. “And, obviously, if I were in that position, I'd be off someplace else too."
03-27-2018 08:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
RE: Sen Inhofe introduces bill to end "catch and release" of illegal immigrants
04-clap204-clap204-clap2
03-27-2018 08:25 PM
Advertisement

GeminiCoog Offline
You'll Never Walk Alone

I Root For: Houston, Notre Dame
Yes! YES! Make it happen!
03-28-2018 01:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
... the biggest danger to the establishment right now is this kind of obvious **** being exposed.

Most Americans probably don't realize how things have been working.
03-28-2018 06:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.