Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
OT- Site
stever20 Online
Legend

I Root For: Sports
OT- Site
Is it me, or does the site seem to be a bit buggy today?
03-22-2018 12:55 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

McKinney Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UMass, Army, Rutgers
RE: OT- Site
No problems here.
03-22-2018 12:56 PM
stever20 Online
Legend

I Root For: Sports
if you are going between forums is when it pops up....
03-22-2018 12:59 PM
Advertisement

MWC Tex Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MW
i noticed it also.

it won't accept the www. address, but will without it.
03-22-2018 12:59 PM
mturn017 Online
ODU Homer

I Root For: Old Dominion
I keep getting a "site is not secure" pop up when trying to go directly to a forum. If I go to the forum directory and click the same forum it's fine. Probably Gremlins. Maybe Russian meddling.
03-22-2018 01:06 PM
Advertisement

Wedge Offline

I Root For: California
Moderator Note:

GTS is more likely to see reports like this if you post them on the Tech Support board, here: https://csnbbs.com/forum-545.html

He's already looking at some of these issues. I posted a thread there last night.
03-22-2018 01:12 PM
GoldenWarrior11 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marquette, BE
Same here. Have received many issues attempting to access the site. Site not secure, site unavailable, site going directly to main board when I attempt to come to realignment forum. Weird stuff.
03-22-2018 01:27 PM
Advertisement

DoubleRSU Offline
All American

I Root For: Seattle U
Yeah I got 404 error when coming from my bookmarks.

I went and updated them with an "s" after the "http" and are now working again.
03-22-2018 01:36 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators
It may take a couple of days for it to be fixed. GTS is working on it. But it seems to happen in the drop down menu areas
03-22-2018 02:22 PM
Advertisement

georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
The drop down menu at the top is hosed and probably will be for another 48 hours. I'm depending upon third parties for SSL certificates, I cannot do anything about their egregiously terrible API and procedures. It is what it is. Basically I need to re-issue the SSL cert to include wildcard subdomains. But to do that requires ENTIRELY DIFFERENT procedures than what I went through to get the original certificate.

However annoying you find it I assure you I find it absolutely infuriating. I will probably change domain providers because of this (NameCheap, wtf? This is not acceptable.). I'm pretty pissed off at the Electronic Frontier Foundation too, because they're the ones in charge of CertBot for Let's Encrypt ... and they have so royally f*cked up certbot for wildcard subdomains they are actually asking people to run a Docker image to setup a SSL cert for wildcard subdomains. Most people aren't going to understand that last sentence ... but for those who did .... let me say that one more time so it can sink it. The EFF is asking you to deploy a F*CKING DOCKER IMAGE which then must be given total API access and credentials to your DNS system/domain provider just to get a wildcard subdomain SSL cert. And oh yeah, from certbot direct, VERY FEW domain providers are supported. So have fun adding your own third party middleware to glue this giant steaming turd together and try to make it fly.

Technology doesn't have to be this *** **** hideous. And I get really pissed when the people making it this unnecessarily nasty should know better. I'd expect this bullsh*t from Microsoft or Apple. But not the EFF and Namecheap.
(This post was last modified: 03-22-2018 02:36 PM by georgia_tech_swagger.)
03-22-2018 02:30 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
(03-22-2018 02:30 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  The drop down menu at the top is hosed and probably will be for another 48 hours. I'm depending upon third parties for SSL certificates, I cannot do anything about their egregiously terrible API and procedures. It is what it is. Basically I need to re-issue the SSL cert to include wildcard subdomains. But to do that requires ENTIRELY DIFFERENT procedures than what I went through to get the original certificate.

However annoying you find it I assure you I find it absolutely infuriating. I will probably change domain providers because of this (NameCheap, wtf? This is not acceptable.). I'm pretty pissed off at the Electronic Frontier Foundation too, because they're the ones in charge of CertBot for Let's Encrypt ... and they have so royally f*cked up certbot for wildcard subdomains they are actually asking people to run a Docker image to setup a SSL cert for wildcard subdomains. Most people aren't going to understand that last sentence ... but for those who did .... let me say that one more time so it can sink it. The EFF is asking you to deploy a F*CKING DOCKER IMAGE which then must be given total API access and credentials to your DNS system/domain provider just to get a wildcard subdomain SSL cert. And oh yeah, from certbot direct, VERY FEW domain providers are supported. So have fun adding your own third party middleware to glue this giant steaming turd together and try to make it fly.

Technology doesn't have to be this *** **** hideous. And I get really pissed when the people making it this unnecessarily nasty should know better. I'd expect this bullsh*t from Microsoft or Apple. But not the EFF and Namecheap.

FWIW been happy with NameSecure.
03-22-2018 03:43 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.