Seriously, We Need Suggestions......
Bookmark and Share
CatMom Online
Getting Old Sucks!

I Root For: TXST
Seriously, We Need Suggestions......
To can Teis
[Image: 29216770_10160272129335531_8047691646575...e=5B2D0FAB]

Also heard from a former football player that in 4 years he never met the AD.
03-15-2018 08:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

FoUTASportscaster Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UTA
RE: Seriously, We Need Suggestions......
As a UTA guy, I fail to see the problem.
03-15-2018 08:42 PM
CatMom Online
Getting Old Sucks!

(03-15-2018 08:42 PM)FoUTASportscaster Wrote:  As a UTA guy, I fail to see the problem.
Seriously?
03-15-2018 08:49 PM
Michael in Raleigh Offline
All American

I Root For: App State
(03-15-2018 08:30 PM)CatMom Wrote:  To can Teis

That's terrible. I showed up for a pep rally prior to the Miami game and I met App's AD. Just saw him and introduced myself because he was there just mingling with fans and their families. And I'm a no-name in App State world; just a guy who works all the time, especially weekends, but loves his Alma mater and goes to games the rare chances he gets. Doug Gillin is just accessible. It's a shame a four year athlete had never even met your AD.

You guys need help. The women's team and all the athletes deserve better.
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2018 09:07 PM by Michael in Raleigh.)
03-15-2018 09:07 PM
Bobcat87 Offline
San Marvelous Cat

I Root For: TXST, A&M, UNT
(03-15-2018 08:49 PM)CatMom Wrote:  
(03-15-2018 08:42 PM)FoUTASportscaster Wrote:  As a UTA guy, I fail to see the problem.
Seriously?

It was kinda funny . . . from a Mav perspective.

As much as I'd love to see Larry canned, and a real AD installed . . . I just don't see it happening as long as Denise is there.

She knows what he is . . and has known for a very long time, yet she continues to allow him to steal his salary . .

I seriously wonder how much she really cares about the overall Athletic Program (from a wins/loses standpoint).

I think her interest goes as far as NCAA compliance, and as long as Larry dots those i's and crosses those t's she really don't care about anything else.

You can argue that perspective if you like, but it's all that I see going on athletically on "The Hill."

I really think that if you want Larry gone, Denise has to go first.
03-15-2018 09:22 PM
Bobcat87 Offline
San Marvelous Cat

(03-15-2018 08:30 PM)CatMom Wrote:  To can Teis

Perhaps if you can get some pics of Denise and Larry in a few compromising positions.
03-15-2018 09:25 PM
Advertisement

EigenEagle Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ga Southern
(03-15-2018 09:22 PM)Bobcat87 Wrote:  
(03-15-2018 08:49 PM)CatMom Wrote:  
Seriously?

It was kinda funny . . . from a Mav perspective.

As much as I'd love to see Larry canned, and a real AD installed . . . I just don't see it happening as long as Denise is there.

She knows what he is . . and has known for a very long time, yet she continues to allow him to steal his salary . .

I seriously wonder how much she really cares about the overall Athletic Program (from a wins/loses standpoint).

I think her interest goes as far as NCAA compliance, and as long as Larry dots those i's and crosses those t's she really don't care about anything else.

You can argue that perspective if you like, but it's all that I see going on athletically on "The Hill."

I really think that if you want Larry gone, Denise has to go first.

This is what I would suspect, though obviously I'm just an outsider.

Never, ever, ever take a president who is supportive of athletics for granted.

Even if you have a good AD, if the president isn't supportive it's usually not going to be very long before your AD leaves to find an associate AD job at some Power 5 school and gets replaced with a yes man who just balances books and signs checks.

Our current AD's predecessor was a guy who was a complete punching bag for our fan base. Yet he left in 2009 and was replaced with a guy who much more supportive, and miraculously the whole ball got rolling on moving to FBS. It was a real learning experience for a lot of our fan base to get an understanding of how it was mainly the former president who was holding us back.
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2018 09:39 PM by EigenEagle.)
03-15-2018 09:36 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
Texas State appears to be in a rut. They're actually doing well in the Bubas Cup, but I'm afraid they made a bad, bordering on terrible, head coaching decision in football. The other major sports haven't performed really well either. It seems to me that there's a culture of underperforming. Texas State has more students and theoretically more resources than other teams, but underperforms schools spending a fraction of what they do in the big sports.

The Bobcats have never done the following since joining the Sun Belt

1) Gone to a Bowl Game (yes, they can argue that USA screwed them once - but its possible that Teis let USA screw them by getting out hustled), but its been 5 years.
2) Gone to the NCAA men's basketball tournament or won a regular season SBC title (haven't been since 1997, and haven't won a conference championship since 1999)
3) Gone to the NCAA women's basketball tournament or won a regular season SBC title (last appearance and last conference championship was in 2003)
4) Gone to the NCAA baseball tournament or won a regular season SBC title (last appearance was when they were in the Southland, in 2011)
5) Won a conference championship in softball (although the team is credible and has gone to 2 NCAA tournaments)
6) Won a conference championship in soccer or gone to a NCAA tournament

Now lets look at the plus side

1) Softball is good, but not conference leading. They have gone to a couple of NCAA softball tournaments, going 2-4 in 2 tournaments.
2) They won 1 women's Golf Sun Belt title.
3) They won 1 men's track Sun Belt title
4) They won 1 women's track Sun Belt title
5) They won 1 Sun Belt tournament in Volleyball.

That's pretty much it after 5 years in the Belt.

I'm not sure that Larry Teis is the kind of leader that can actually run a program that can compete in the Sun Belt's major sports. At some point, building new stadiums and new arenas are irrelevant if you can't put together teams to do anything with it.

---

If I were a big Bobcats donor, or an administrator, I'd be asking for a plan from the AD to start winning. They've spent 150 million or so dollars on athletics in the last 5 years (not including new facilities).
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2018 10:49 PM by Tom in Lazybrook.)
03-15-2018 10:32 PM
Bobcat87 Offline
San Marvelous Cat

(03-15-2018 10:32 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  Texas State appears to be in a rut. They're actually doing well in the Bubas Cup, but I'm afraid they made a bad, bordering on terrible, head coaching decision in football. The other major sports haven't performed really well either. It seems to me that there's a culture of underperforming. Texas State has more students and theoretically more resources than other teams, but underperforms schools spending a fraction of what they do in the big sports.

1) Gone to a Bowl Game (yes, they can argue that USA screwed them once - but its possible that Teis let USA screw them by getting out hustled), but its been 5 years.
2) Gone to the NCAA men's basketball tournament or won a regular season SBC title (haven't been since 1997, and haven't won a conference championship since 1999)
3) Gone to the NCAA women's basketball tournament or won a regular season SBC title (last appearance and last conference championship was in 2003)
4) Gone to the NCAA baseball tournament or won a regular season SBC title (last appearance was when they were in the Southland, in 2011)
5) Won a conference championship in softball (although the team is credible and has gone to 2 NCAA tournaments)

1) Softball is good, but not conference leading. They have gone to a couple of NCAA softball tournaments, going 2-4 in 2 tournaments.
4) They won 1 women's track Sun Belt title

I'm not sure that Larry Teis is the kind of leader that can actually run a program that can compete in the Sun Belt's major sports. At some point, building new stadiums and new arenas are irrelevant if you can't put together teams to do anything with it.

---

If I were a big Bobcats donor, or an administrator, I'd be asking for a plan from the AD to start winning. They've spent 150 million or so dollars on athletics in the last 5 years (not including new facilities).

Larry's not a leader . . period. He's also not a "Real AD." He's basically a Compliance Officer, enabled in that task by our University President.

Ours is an Athletic Department trying to compete with one hand tied behind it's back.

Student numbers and budget dollars are irrelevant to the current AD Paradigm in place at TXST. Winning is not a priority . . and won't be until we get both a New President and a new AD.
03-15-2018 11:26 PM
CatMom Online
Getting Old Sucks!

(03-15-2018 10:32 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  Texas State appears to be in a rut. They're actually doing well in the Bubas Cup, but I'm afraid they made a bad, bordering on terrible, head coaching decision in football. The other major sports haven't performed really well either. It seems to me that there's a culture of underperforming. Texas State has more students and theoretically more resources than other teams, but underperforms schools spending a fraction of what they do in the big sports.

4) They won 3 women's track Sun Belt titles in a row and W XCountry this year

I need to check T&F under Boone because she had 4 T&F titles while she was here 12-15 (1 being the above men's), per her Bio (now at TTU)
Boone came to Lubbock after four seasons as the head coach at Texas State. During her time there, she led the Bobcats to four conference championships, while also racking up conference Coach of the Year honors behind each title.( a couple of those were in the WAC, not sure they all were. At least 1 was)
At least don't short shrift the ladies
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2018 11:57 PM by CatMom.)
03-15-2018 11:49 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-15-2018 11:49 PM)CatMom Wrote:  

I need to check T&F under Boone because she had 4 T&F titles while she was here 12-15 (1 being the above men's), per her Bio (now at TTU)
Boone came to Lubbock after four seasons as the head coach at Texas State. During her time there, she led the Bobcats to four conference championships, while also racking up conference Coach of the Year honors behind each title.( a couple of those were in the WAC, not sure they all were. At least 1 was)

Sorry about that. I got the data from wikipedia. Maybe someone in the Athletic Department at Texas State could update the page. Either way, Texas State really has underperformed pretty badly given its budget and enrollment.
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2018 12:03 AM by Tom in Lazybrook.)
03-16-2018 12:02 AM
Advertisement

Bobcat87 Offline
San Marvelous Cat

(03-16-2018 12:02 AM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  
(03-15-2018 11:49 PM)CatMom Wrote:  

Sorry about that. I got the data from wikipedia. Maybe someone in the Athletic Department at Texas State could update the page. Either way, Texas State really has underperformed pretty badly given its budget and enrollment.

. . . and that's why we want Larry GONE . . .
03-16-2018 12:09 AM
eaglewraith Offline
Heisman

I Root For: GA Southern
I hope no one takes this the wrong way, but because I'm not familiar with Texas State's accomplishments in the past, but how does Texas State's performance rank against what has been accomplished under previous admins? Is there a history of success in a lot of sports, or is what you're seeing in line with the baseline averages for how each sport has competed compared to the level of competition at the time?

The reason I ask is because it's very difficult to improve, without making absolute grand slam coaching hires and supporting those sports with the resources they need, if there is no history of success. It makes it a hard draw.
03-16-2018 06:28 AM
CatMom Online
Getting Old Sucks!

(03-16-2018 12:02 AM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  Sorry about that. I got the data from wikipedia. Maybe someone in the Athletic Department at Texas State could update the page. Either way, Texas State really has underperformed pretty badly given its budget and enrollment.
03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

They couldn't be bothered. I would bet good money I've done more updates on the TXST pages than the AD.

I may have to go take a look-see in the next week or two and see what I can tweak.
03-16-2018 07:46 AM
Michael in Raleigh Offline
All American

I Root For: App State
Somebody give Grady Davis a call. Our friends in San Marcos need help.
03-16-2018 09:42 AM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
That's interesting.
Most recruiting visits to AState involve meeting the AD across the sports. Players meet regularly with the AD and a former assistant AD told me that players are told that the only way they have to wait to see the AD is if the AD is meeting with the chancellor or president and that he had been kicked out of the room along with a major donor because a student-athlete needed to speak to the AD.

One of the great cool moments was a player who had been called in for cutting classes as an underclassman scored a TD on senior day, as he was running to the sidelines he saw Mohajir and picked him up and hugged him, one of the commercials for AState showed the same kid hugging Mohajir on the stage at graduation.

But that's not just a Mohajir thing. I'm friends with our former AD on Facebook and see former players interacting with him as well.

I just assumed that it was normal for AD's to know most of the student-athletes fairly well.
03-16-2018 11:08 AM
Advertisement

Florida RedWolf Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: arkansas state
(03-16-2018 11:08 AM)arkstfan Wrote:  That's interesting.
Most recruiting visits to AState involve meeting the AD across the sports. Players meet regularly with the AD and a former assistant AD told me that players are told that the only way they have to wait to see the AD is if the AD is meeting with the chancellor or president and that he had been kicked out of the room along with a major donor because a student-athlete needed to speak to the AD.

One of the great cool moments was a player who had been called in for cutting classes as an underclassman scored a TD on senior day, as he was running to the sidelines he saw Mohajir and picked him up and hugged him, one of the commercials for AState showed the same kid hugging Mohajir on the stage at graduation.

But that's not just a Mohajir thing. I'm friends with our former AD on Facebook and see former players interacting with him as well.

I just assumed that it was normal for AD's to know most of the student-athletes fairly well.

Good story and one can tell that the AD loves the interaction. We have a top notch AD. Special!
03-16-2018 02:11 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-16-2018 02:11 PM)Florida RedWolf Wrote:  

Good story and one can tell that the AD loves the interaction. We have a top notch AD. Special!

You have a good AD. If y'all get tired of him, I'd like to see him take over as Conference Commissioner
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2018 02:43 PM by Tom in Lazybrook.)
03-16-2018 02:42 PM
slycat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Texas State
I've quit donating until he is gone and have told several in the dept when they call for money. To be fair the football team has qualified for bowl games twice but haven't gotten an invite. Part was on the SBC not having enough tie ins at the time and part is the lazy approach of Teis. One example of his laziness is sending a PowerPoint to CUSA when they were expanding instead of the all out approach that UTSA used to get an invite.

His "accomplishments" aside from APR are stadiums and moving to FBS. Fact is that he didn't want to go FBS and his hand was forced when the students voted for it. As for stadiums, that was also largely funded by students. He takes credit where he had little to do with it and his hand was forced. The team is in a rut until he is gone. To be fair, he didn't want Withers, that was a choice made by others. If he had his way it would be been some random person like when we hired a high school coach.
03-19-2018 05:29 PM
billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

I Root For: ECU, Army

That’s a GREAT story. It’s these things that make me love college athletics
03-19-2018 07:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.