Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Court of appeals upholds ‘sanctuary cities’ ban SB4
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
Court of appeals upholds ‘sanctuary cities’ ban SB4
https://www.statesman.com/news/local/bre...MC17ER9jM/

Quote:

The 5th Circuit Court of Appeals on Tuesday ruled that Senate Bill 4, the state’s so-called sanctuary cities ban, can remain the law of the land in Texas for now, stating that the cities that challenged the law will likely lose in their federal court suit.

Plaintiffs in the case include Austin and most of Texas’ other large cities, which sought to overturn the controversial law. It requires cities and counties to enforce detention requests placed on local jail inmates suspected of illegal immigration.

The ruling does overturn one provision that prohibited local elected officials to “endorse” so-called sanctuary city policies.

Attorney General Ken Paxton cheered the ruling.

“I’m pleased the 5th Circuit recognized that Senate Bill 4 is lawful, constitutional and protects the safety of law enforcement officers and all Texans,” Paxton said. “Enforcing immigration law prevents the release of individuals from custody who have been charged with serious crimes. Dangerous criminals shouldn’t be allowed back into our communities to possibly commit more crimes.”

This latest ruling is not the end to the legal challenge against the 2017 law. Tuesday’s ruling only struck down a large portion of a temporary injunction put in place by San Antonio federal judge Orlando Garcia on Aug. 30. That court has yet to make a final determination in the case.

Whatever the outcome in San Antonio, many involved in the case agree that the SB 4 lawsuit is destined for the Supreme Court.

#MAGA & God Bless Texas!
03-13-2018 09:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UofMstateU Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Court of appeals upholds ‘sanctuary cities’ ban SB4
and the hits just keep on coming.
03-13-2018 09:33 PM
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
I see many a decent californian setting up shop in your state and tejax soon....
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2018 05:28 AM by stinkfist.)
03-14-2018 05:22 AM
49RFootballNow Offline
He who walks without rhythm

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
(03-14-2018 05:22 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  I see many a decent californian setting up shop in your state and tejax soon....

These same decent Californians allowed their own state to go to hell in a hand basket. Some will have learned the lesson of Kalifornication. Others will come there and continue to vote in a way that will screw your state too, eventually. We have the same issue with DYs here in the south.
03-14-2018 11:29 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.