Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

WBB Recruits
Bookmark and Share
DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
WBB Recruits
Three UT recruits were playing yesterday. Ariel Cummings scored 4 points in Notre Dame's loss to Strongsville in regional semi-finals. Wadsworth's Lexi Lance and Sophia Fortner each scored 6 points in a win over Perrysburg.
03-07-2018 12:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

emanoh Offline
All American

I Root For:
WBB Recruits
Not exactly lighting up the nets.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
03-07-2018 12:48 PM
temoxley Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Toledo
RE: WBB Recruits
(03-07-2018 12:45 PM)DetroitRocket Wrote:  Three UT recruits were playing yesterday. Ariel Cummings scored 4 points in Notre Dame's loss to Strongsville in regional semi-finals. Wadsworth's Lexi Lance and Sophia Fortner each scored 6 points in a win over Perrysburg.

Notre Dame only scored 27 as a team in their game. And Sophie Fortner of Wadsworth was in foul trouble which limited her minutes.
03-07-2018 01:26 PM
bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

I Root For: U of Toledo
Just not thrilled with our recruiting.
03-07-2018 02:53 PM
temoxley Offline
2nd String

(03-07-2018 02:53 PM)bcunn3128 Wrote:  Just not thrilled with our recruiting.

I agree. Its hard to see how any of these recruits will contribute next year. Two of last year's recruits were first team all state, averaged 20 pts/game, took their teams to state semis ... and they were not good enough to get more than 20+ playing minutes out of 6000 minutes available. There certainly are no college ready scorers in this group.
03-07-2018 03:22 PM
temoxley Offline
2nd String

Wadsworth Defeated Strongville 39-27 to advance to state semi-finals next week. Toledo recruits Sophie Fortner had 7 points and Lexie Lance 3 points and 5 rebounds.
03-10-2018 09:56 PM
Advertisement

emanoh Offline
All American

I Root For:
(03-10-2018 09:56 PM)temoxley Wrote:  Wadsworth Defeated Strongville 39-27 to advance to state semi-finals next week. Toledo recruits Sophie Fortner had 7 points and Lexie Lance 3 points and 5 rebounds.
Who's scoring the rest of their points and who's recruiting them?

03-10-2018 10:16 PM
bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

(03-10-2018 10:16 PM)emanoh Wrote:  
(03-10-2018 09:56 PM)temoxley Wrote:  Wadsworth Defeated Strongville 39-27 to advance to state semi-finals next week. Toledo recruits Sophie Fortner had 7 points and Lexie Lance 3 points and 5 rebounds.

No kidding. I averaged 3 ppg in high school—nobody recruited me. I sure hope Cullop knows something about these two that we & most other D-1 programs didn’t know.
03-10-2018 10:19 PM
T-Town Offline
All American

I Root For:
(03-07-2018 03:22 PM)temoxley Wrote:  

I agree. Its hard to see how any of these recruits will contribute next year. Two of last year's recruits were first team all state, averaged 20 pts/game, took their teams to state semis ... and they were not good enough to get more than 20+ playing minutes out of 6000 minutes available. There certainly are no college ready scorers in this group.

I thought with Jay-Ann leaving and none of the true freshmen earning much floor time this season, the Rocket would be looking for some prolific scorers who could actually step up and contribute next year but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Next year is the senior year for Boyd and McIntyre the only two really reliable scorers returning from this year as well as a several others who have NOT proved to be consistent reliable scorers. In addition in order for McIntyre to be successful she need at least the threat of some outside scoring to keep defenses honest. Next year we need to see others step up and start contributing points because if they don't the year after is going to be a total disaster unless Cullop is able to recruit a ton McDonald's quality freshmen next year to play the following year and somehow I don't that happening. There is the distinct potential year after next to have a cupboard as bare as five years ago when an entire recruiting class vanished into thin air essentially without ever seeing any court time.
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2018 06:55 AM by T-Town.)
03-10-2018 10:30 PM
emanoh Offline
All American

I Root For:
(03-10-2018 10:19 PM)bcunn3128 Wrote:  

No kidding. I averaged 3 ppg in high school—nobody recruited me. I sure hope Cullop knows something about these two that we & most other D-1 programs didn’t know.
I heard an analogy the other day that I have adopted. "Is this the hill you are willing to die on today." I hope coach knows sonething that isn't showing up in the box score.

03-10-2018 10:32 PM
temoxley Offline
2nd String

I can't find season long stats to determine who is the leading scorer but in the most recent game Payton Banks (5ft 11in) senior had 9 points and Kacie Evans (6ft 1in) senior had 6 points and 9 rebourds. Evans is signed with George to play volleyball.
03-11-2018 09:06 AM
Advertisement

temoxley Offline
2nd String

(03-10-2018 10:30 PM)T-Town Wrote:  
(03-07-2018 03:22 PM)temoxley Wrote:  

I thought with Jay-Ann leaving and none of the true freshmen earning much floor time this season, the Rocket would be looking for some prolific scorers who could actually step up and contribute next year but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Next year is the senior year for Boyd and McIntyre the only two really reliable scorers returning from this year as well as a several others who have NOT proved to be consistent reliable scorers. In addition in order for McIntyre to be successful she need at least the threat of some outside scoring to keep defenses honest. Next year we need to see others step up and start contributing points because if they don't the year after is going to be a total disaster unless Cullop is able to recruit a ton McDonald's quality freshmen next year to play the following year and somehow I don't that happening. There is the distinct potential year after next to have a cupboard as bare as five years ago when an entire recruiting class vanished into thin air essentially without ever seeing any court time.

Rockets are graduating the only two players with respectable 3 point shooting percentages (Bravo-Harriott and Woody). It would seem that someone from the current team needs to have a Boyd-like transformation and become a serious 3 point threat or the team may struggle even more than this year's team did. Seems to me the most likely option would be Cunningham but she was a mystery this year. If they would actually play Beacham at the 4 she could give McIntyre an inside option which could make defenses pay if they tried to double team McIntyre. She has developed her skills at finding her open teammates and Beacham can make a high percentage of short jumpers and lay ups. But they will still need a reliable perimeter shooter. Only other possibility IMO is Santucci but she has failed to do it with something like 200 attempts in two years.
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2018 09:37 AM by temoxley.)
03-11-2018 09:15 AM
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

I have never seen either Lance of Fortner play, and have no idea how they will turn out at UT, but ESPN has both of them rated as 3 star recruits. Now that doesn't necessarily mean anything, as girls HS rankings are very far from perfect, but it's not like Cullop is the only one to see anything in them.

Fortner is said to be a more traditional floor general style PG, rather than a scorer. She missed all of her junior season after blowing out her ACL, and as we have seen with examples like Boyd, it often takes 2 years to get back to full speed after an injury like that.

Lance plays post at Wadsworth and from what I have read she typically only plays half the game, rotating with another player who is a top rated Volleyball recruit who has committed to Georgia. Scouting report on Lance is that she is destined to play more of a 3/4 at the college level, as she is a good shooter and has 3 point range. So, she may be playing slightly out of position in HS.
03-11-2018 10:41 AM
bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

A lot is riding on what’s left of this year’s freshmen class and next year’s incoming class. At the moment, IMO we haven’t kept up with the top teams in the MAC. Hopefully a couple of these young ladies surprise.
03-11-2018 11:05 AM
temoxley Offline
2nd String

(03-11-2018 10:41 AM)northcoastRocket Wrote:  I have never seen either Lance of Fortner play, and have no idea how they will turn out at UT, but ESPN has both of them rated as 3 star recruits. Now that doesn't necessarily mean anything, as girls HS rankings are very far from perfect, but it's not like Cullop is the only one to see anything in them.

Fortner is said to be a more traditional floor general style PG, rather than a scorer. She missed all of her junior season after blowing out her ACL, and as we have seen with examples like Boyd, it often takes 2 years to get back to full speed after an injury like that.

Lance plays post at Wadsworth and from what I have read she typically only plays half the game, rotating with another player who is a top rated Volleyball recruit who has committed to Georgia. Scouting report on Lance is that she is destined to play more of a 3/4 at the college level, as she is a good shooter and has 3 point range. So, she may be playing slightly out of position in HS.

Problem is I think they are both averaging single digits this year. Hard to see how either one could contribute significantly to rocket scoring in their freshman year. Ditto the Notre Dame recruit. They do play on a team which apparently stresses defense so they would probably be more accomplished as defenders than most high school players are.
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2018 11:44 AM by temoxley.)
03-11-2018 11:39 AM
T-Town Offline
All American

I Root For:
(03-11-2018 11:39 AM)temoxley Wrote:  
(03-11-2018 10:41 AM)northcoastRocket Wrote:  I have never seen either Lance of Fortner play, and have no idea how they will turn out at UT, but ESPN has both of them rated as 3 star recruits. Now that doesn't necessarily mean anything, as girls HS rankings are very far from perfect, but it's not like Cullop is the only one to see anything in them.

Problem is I think they are both averaging single digits this year. Hard to see how either one could contribute significantly to rocket scoring in their freshman year. Ditto the Notre Dame recruit. They do play on a team which apparently stresses defense so they would probably be more accomplished as defenders than most high school players are.

Great---if Cullop can put together a team that can consistently hold the opponents to under 35 points a game then her need for scorers won't be that great because she won't need much offensive punch (PS--t.i.c. in case you wonder)
03-11-2018 12:57 PM
Advertisement

FrickerRon Offline
Special Teams

What are they, more guards?
03-11-2018 01:32 PM
Dwight Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rockets
We do have one new player next year who is a proven three-point threat, and that is the transfer from UIC. I believe that Tatyana Davis was a good outside shooter in high school, and I know that Mariah Copeland was. Neither one showed it in limited opportunities this past year, though. Santucci and Rokkanen have been given the green light to shoot the three, but both have had bad percentages, especially Santucci.

As to the new recruits from Wadsworth, if they are good defensive players, that would be a great thing. As northcoast showed in another post, our defensive stats this year were very bad compared to past Rocket teams.
03-11-2018 03:15 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
(03-11-2018 03:15 PM)Dwight Wrote:  We do have one new player next year who is a proven three-point threat, and that is the transfer from UIC. I believe that Tatyana Davis was a good outside shooter in high school, and I know that Mariah Copeland was. Neither one showed it in limited opportunities this past year, though. Santucci and Rokkanen have been given the green light to shoot the three, but both have had bad percentages, especially Santucci.

As to the new recruits from Wadsworth, if they are good defensive players, that would be a great thing. As northcoast showed in another post, our defensive stats this year were very bad compared to past Rocket teams.

Hey, aren’t you supposed to be in the lake with me, Dwight?
03-11-2018 06:39 PM
Dwight Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rockets
(03-11-2018 06:39 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  
(03-11-2018 03:15 PM)Dwight Wrote:  We do have one new player next year who is a proven three-point threat, and that is the transfer from UIC. I believe that Tatyana Davis was a good outside shooter in high school, and I know that Mariah Copeland was. Neither one showed it in limited opportunities this past year, though. Santucci and Rokkanen have been given the green light to shoot the three, but both have had bad percentages, especially Santucci.

Hey, aren’t you supposed to be in the lake with me, Dwight?

Yeah, just came up for air momentarily.
03-11-2018 06:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.