Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

I think we can all agree
Bookmark and Share
Tigergary Offline
All American

I Root For: Tigers
I think we can all agree
That penny will be hired soon but most importantly that these kids play well during the tourney and receive our support for the contribution they gave us this season . Good luck guys and GTG!
03-07-2018 12:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Guitarman Online
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers!
RE: I think we can all agree
No. We can not all agree on that.

Until it comes down from the administration, it's just a rumor. The sports hacks do not have an inside source and at this point are writing articles from a rumor.

Just like the Tigers were definitely going into the Big 12. I got my hopes up on that thanks to one particular person who knew "for a fact", and I've never felt so let down in my life. Not doing it again. As dark as the tunnel may appear, Tubby is the Tiger's coach until someone with the actual authority to change that speaks up publically.
03-07-2018 08:36 AM
MemphisTigerPawr Offline
Jesus is the risen LORD and Savior

I Root For: TIGERS

Donators
I agree it's just a rumor but it has just about sealed Tubbys fate, true or not. Penny is another rumor for now but it looks like we are locked into hiring him as well. It will be interesting to find out the story behind the story. This one could have waited a few more days, I feel for the players. That said I'm down with both situations as Tubby isn't a good fit here and I believe Penny will work out especially if he gets a Larry Brown on board to help groom him.
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2018 08:51 AM by MemphisTigerPawr.)
03-07-2018 08:45 AM
k2tigers Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Donators
(03-07-2018 08:36 AM)Guitarman Wrote:  No. We can not all agree on that.

Until it comes down from the administration, it's just a rumor. The sports hacks do not have an inside source and at this point are writing articles from a rumor.

Just like the Tigers were definitely going into the Big 12. I got my hopes up on that thanks to one particular person who knew "for a fact", and I've never felt so let down in my life. Not doing it again. As dark as the tunnel may appear, Tubby is the Tiger's coach until someone with the actual authority to change that speaks up publically.

the Big 12 thing was a farce from the jump
03-07-2018 08:55 AM
450bench Online

I think all parties, including Tubby, know what's going on. It's been a well orchestrated situation, with info leaked to some in the press from the inside.

There is no way that the administration would let this story grow into what is now a national story, without putting out something squashing it, if it wasn't true and without Tubby knowing.

Additionally, I don't think Parrish would put all this out there in the way he has if it wasn't verified and accurate. Too big a story and too much risk for him if it was bs.
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2018 09:02 AM by 450bench.)
03-07-2018 08:57 AM
Guitarman Online
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers!
(03-07-2018 08:45 AM)MemphisTigerPawr Wrote:  I agree it's just a rumor but it has just about sealed Tubbys fate, true or not. Penny is another rumor for now but it looks like we are locked into hiring him as well. It will be interesting to find out the story behind the story. This one could have waited a few more days, I feel for the players. That said I'm down with both situations as Tubby isn't a good fit here and I believe Penny will work out especially if he gets a Larry Brown on board to help groom him.

#NailedIt. I do too. No telling what these young men are feeling.

And if a rumor can dictate what could possibly happen, that I know from my barber's cousin's third wife's mom said that we are getting all 5 star recruits next year.
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2018 09:01 AM by Guitarman.)
03-07-2018 09:00 AM
Advertisement

steves Offline
All American

I Root For: DA'TIGS'
(03-07-2018 08:45 AM)MemphisTigerPawr Wrote:  I agree it's just a rumor but it has just about sealed Tubbys fate, true or not. Penny is another rumor for now but it looks like we are locked into hiring him as well. It will be interesting to find out the story behind the story. This one could have waited a few more days, I feel for the players. That said I'm down with both situations as Tubby isn't a good fit here and I believe Penny will work out especially if he gets a Larry Brown on board to help groom him.

Thanks ... saved me from some two finger typing. It COULD have waited. Gary Parrish would shoot his momma dead to break a story first. And he better be right ... 04-chairshot
03-07-2018 09:01 AM
tjwillis47 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: memphis
i definitely think there are serious rumblings about the situation. you dont just write that article unless there is actual backing on it or you lose credibility. when they talked to Rudd, he didnt deny anything. he said we will evaluate things at the end of the season, which doesnt really say what theyre going to do. you could imagine if they 100% were set on bringing tubbs back, Rudd would have said so.
03-07-2018 09:02 AM
rssumme Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Tigers!
Gary didn’t start this up this week. It was Jason Smith and got really rolling with Keelon Lawson.
03-07-2018 09:15 AM
450bench Online

(03-07-2018 09:15 AM)rssumme Wrote:  Gary didn’t start this up this week. It was Jason Smith and got really rolling with Keelon Lawson.

Every national sports media outlet has quoted Parrish' article.
03-07-2018 09:16 AM
Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

I Root For: Tigers - GTG!

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
The players deserve and earned our support.
03-07-2018 09:36 AM
Advertisement

GermantownTiger Offline
Capitalism Rules!

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(03-07-2018 09:00 AM)Guitarman Wrote:  

#NailedIt. I do too. No telling what these young men are feeling.

And if a rumor can dictate what could possibly happen, that I know from my barber's cousin's third wife's mom said that we are getting all 5 star recruits next year.

The players are probably thinking "Thank the good Lord that we got a head coach coming in by next week who can actually turn around the shiteshow that is Tubby Ball!"
03-07-2018 09:44 AM
tigergreen Offline

I Root For: MEMPHIS
(03-07-2018 09:15 AM)rssumme Wrote:  Gary didn’t start this up this week. It was Jason Smith and got really rolling with Keelon Lawson.

But GP wouldn't have run with it in national media without his own verification. Say what you will about him, but he knows how to do his job.
03-07-2018 10:08 AM
TiminMem23 Offline
All American

(03-07-2018 09:36 AM)Tiger1983 Wrote:  The players deserve and earned our support.

This isn't pewee basketball. High major college bball is a big business. Most of the players on this team are lucky they had the chance to play in FedExForum for what has historically been a big time program. They received scholarships, free education, stipends etc. and got to play on TV on multiple occasions. They don't deserve support the way 8-year old-little leaguers do. They are well taken care of. You don't need to feel sorry for them when attendance is down.
03-07-2018 10:26 AM
Tigergary Offline
All American

I Root For: Tigers
The kids will play their tails off this week. Maybe too selfishly tho. They are going to want to show out for penny.
03-07-2018 10:53 AM
TOGC Offline
Resident genius

I agree that we need to support Tubby Smith and these players during the conference tournament. I know there are some that want them to lose in the first round so they can start talking more about replacing the coach a little quicker. But I'd love nothing more than for the team to catch fire and win the tournament. They play with more heart than any Tiger team I've seen in the last twenty years.
03-07-2018 11:38 AM
Advertisement

k2tigers Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(03-07-2018 11:38 AM)TOGC Wrote:  I agree that we need to support Tubby Smith and these players during the conference tournament. I know there are some that want them to lose in the first round so they can start talking more about replacing the coach a little quicker. But I'd love nothing more than for the team to catch fire and win the tournament. They play with more heart than any Tiger team I've seen in the last twenty years.

go back and watch the USF game from a couple weeks ago
03-07-2018 11:43 AM
TOGC Offline
Resident genius

(03-07-2018 11:43 AM)k2tigers Wrote:  
(03-07-2018 11:38 AM)TOGC Wrote:  I agree that we need to support Tubby Smith and these players during the conference tournament. I know there are some that want them to lose in the first round so they can start talking more about replacing the coach a little quicker. But I'd love nothing more than for the team to catch fire and win the tournament. They play with more heart than any Tiger team I've seen in the last twenty years.

go back and watch the USF game from a couple weeks ago

I saw bad shooting that night. Go back and watch the Houston game.
03-07-2018 11:49 AM
Tiger87 Offline
Hall of Famer

Thread title of the month candidate? That we would all agree on anything?
03-07-2018 07:38 PM
geosnooker2000 Offline
I got Cleopatra in the basement

I Root For: Brandon
(03-07-2018 09:01 AM)steves Wrote:  

Thanks ... saved me from some two finger typing. It COULD have waited. Gary Parrish would shoot his momma dead to break a story first. And he better be right ... 04-chairshot

Haha... And that's saying something right there, as anyone who has had to endure his political rants on air can attest.
03-07-2018 07:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.