Next Year
We lose a lot with all the seniors and experience, but we gain the following:

Jeromy Rodriguez
Patrick Good
D'Andre Bernard
Carlos Curtis
Davien Williamson (has he signed???)

Am I missing anyone?

Hopefully Rodriguez is as advertised. Will Good start? Will Bernard be a solid big man? What about Curtis? Who of the returners step it up (Obi, Williams, Harrison)?

So many questions.
03-06-2018 08:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bucfan81 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ETSU
RE: Next Year
(03-06-2018 08:04 AM)etsuBucsFan1988 Wrote:  We lose a lot with all the seniors and experience, but we gain the following:

Jeromy Rodriguez
Patrick Good
D'Andre Bernard
Carlos Curtis
Davien Williamson (has he signd???)

Am I missing anyone?

Hopefully Rodriguez is as advertised. Will Good start? Will Bernard be a solid big man? What about Curtis? Who of the returners step it up (Obi, Williams, Harrison)?

So many questions.
Plus Coach has said that he will recruit two big wing players and another post in this years recruiting class.
03-06-2018 08:09 AM
etsubuc Offline
All American

Obi-rapu is graduating, given his playing time will he be back?
03-06-2018 08:15 AM
etsuBucsFan1988 Offline
Millennial Grief Counselor

I Root For: ETSU Hoops
(03-06-2018 08:15 AM)etsubuc Wrote:  Obi-rapu is graduating, given his playing time will he be back?

He will be a senior next year won't he?
03-06-2018 08:20 AM
etsubuc Offline
All American

In the JC press article I read the morning, Forbes said he was graduating because hes such a good student. Thats all that was said about that.
03-06-2018 08:35 AM
Flippmb Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ETSU Bucs
(03-06-2018 08:20 AM)etsuBucsFan1988 Wrote:  
(03-06-2018 08:15 AM)etsubuc Wrote:  Obi-rapu is graduating, given his playing time will he be back?

He will be a senior next year won't he?

He is graduating, but will be a senior in terms of eligibility. So, he can play if he wants to.

I think there's potential there and that he can be a much better player than he showed down the stretch.
03-06-2018 08:36 AM
Advertisement

etsuBucsFan1988 Offline
Millennial Grief Counselor

I Root For: ETSU Hoops
Oh ok. Well I hope he comes back.
03-06-2018 08:41 AM
RodShaw2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(03-06-2018 08:09 AM)bucfan81 Wrote:  
(03-06-2018 08:04 AM)etsuBucsFan1988 Wrote:  We lose a lot with all the seniors and experience, but we gain the following:

Jeromy Rodriguez
Patrick Good
D'Andre Bernard
Carlos Curtis
Davien Williamson (has he signd???)

Am I missing anyone?

So many questions.
Plus Coach has said that he will recruit two big wing players and another post in this years recruiting class.

I think I remember him saying he wanted to move Hodges to the 3 so that means we are going to need those 4's and another 5 to allow that.

I really hope that Good is either ready to start or they get a good PG,
Williams can distribute but he can't handle pressure at all. We have to have someone who can get the ball up the court.
03-06-2018 09:02 AM
Bucs06 Offline
2nd String

I think Good will start and lead the team in scoring. He was solid as a freshman at App and had a couple of 20+ point games, including at Tennessee. Bo Hodges needs to live in the gym this offseason putting up three’s. The report is out on him. He’s going to attack the basket. If he could add a consistent three point threat to his game then he could be an all time great at ETSU.
03-06-2018 09:29 AM
etsubuc Offline
All American

Davien Williamson has been playing very well this year, so if we can get him officially signed (I think he is just a verbal commit) and with Carlos Curtis officially signed that gives us 3 good options at PG (taking into account Good). I am not sure where Jason Williams fits into that rotation.
03-06-2018 10:03 AM
brock20 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Laundry
(03-06-2018 09:29 AM)Bucs06 Wrote:  I think Good will start and lead the team in scoring. He was solid as a freshman at App and had a couple of 20+ point games, including at Tennessee. Bo Hodges needs to live in the gym this offseason putting up three’s. The report is out on him. He’s going to attack the basket. If he could add a consistent three point threat to his game then he could be an all time great at ETSU.

If Bo works on and develops his 3 the same way AJ did he will be up there with some of the all timers. It’s the only missing piece.
03-06-2018 10:13 AM
Advertisement

RodShaw2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(03-06-2018 10:03 AM)etsubuc Wrote:  Davien Williamson has been playing very well this year, so if we can get him officially signed (I think he is just a verbal commit) and with Carlos Curtis officially signed that gives us 3 good options at PG (taking into account Good). I am not sure where Jason Williams fits into that rotation.

His pinned tweet says he is 100% committed to ETSU.
03-06-2018 10:46 AM
swvabucsfan Offline
All American

(03-06-2018 10:13 AM)brock20 Wrote:  
(03-06-2018 09:29 AM)Bucs06 Wrote:  I think Good will start and lead the team in scoring. He was solid as a freshman at App and had a couple of 20+ point games, including at Tennessee. Bo Hodges needs to live in the gym this offseason putting up three’s. The report is out on him. He’s going to attack the basket. If he could add a consistent three point threat to his game then he could be an all time great at ETSU.

If Bo works on and develops his 3 the same way AJ did he will be up there with some of the all timers. It’s the only missing piece.

Not exactly the only missing piece - he could use some of the short pull up jumpers that Mike Smith developed as a junior and senior. Once you've got the defense back pedaling to cut off the drive, that's a handy weapon to have.
03-06-2018 11:36 AM
etsubuc Offline
All American

From Obi-Rapu's tweets it sounds like he will be back. Talks about this being his last go around and has a lot to prove to himself.
03-06-2018 11:54 AM
brock20 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Laundry
(03-06-2018 11:36 AM)swvabucsfan Wrote:  
(03-06-2018 10:13 AM)brock20 Wrote:  

Not exactly the only missing piece - he could use some of the short pull up jumpers that Mike Smith developed as a junior and senior. Once you've got the defense back pedaling to cut off the drive, that's a handy weapon to have.

Not totally disagreeing but that mid range jumper isn’t as important as it was even 10 years ago. It’s nice to have but having the 3 pointer is much better
03-06-2018 12:17 PM
etsubuc Offline
All American

(03-06-2018 12:17 PM)brock20 Wrote:  Not totally disagreeing but that mid range jumper isn’t as important as it was even 10 years ago. It’s nice to have but having the 3 pointer is much better

In my opinion, this has ruined college basketball. Every team is in love with the three point shot, even when they are bad at it like we were this year. This season, the only business we had taking a 3 point shot was when we were in rhythm and already on a run. If we hadn't shot 18 three pointers last night (making 18.8%), I think we would have won that game. When we watch the team warm up, everyone is standing in 1 spot outside the three point line shooting.

I am to the point that I think we should move the line back to the NBA level to discourage its use by college players and opening up the mid range shots more than they currently are. Of course, the players would just shoot 3's then too, making a worse percentage of them and lowering the overall scoring. But for what its worth, the NIT is moving the 3 point line back a foot and 8 inches to experiment.
03-06-2018 12:28 PM
Advertisement

Wadood Abides Offline
Bench Warmer

In recent memory Tommy Hubbard and A.J. Merriweather were great defenders and to the rim guys who made themselves into effective distant shooters. Neither was ever going to live-and-die by the three but they added that component which improved the other aspects of their games. As you alluded, Bo has been predictable. He and Kanayo and others ought to be shooting 750 jumpers a day.
03-06-2018 12:38 PM
BigIslandBuc Offline
Special Teams

(03-06-2018 10:46 AM)RodShaw2 Wrote:  
(03-06-2018 10:03 AM)etsubuc Wrote:  Davien Williamson has been playing very well this year, so if we can get him officially signed (I think he is just a verbal commit) and with Carlos Curtis officially signed that gives us 3 good options at PG (taking into account Good). I am not sure where Jason Williams fits into that rotation.

His pinned tweet says he is 100% committed to ETSU.

Which was dated 3 days before the early signing date in November. ?
03-06-2018 01:46 PM
Buc'ed_Up Offline
1st String

I've gotten the feeling Deandre Bernard has been brought in to matchup with James Dickey.
03-06-2018 05:33 PM
frankenheimer Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Purdue, ETSU
For some reason, I am intrigued with Harrison. I think he can play, but he hasn't figured out he can play. 6'6"-6'8" athletic guys seem to be in short supply, so I'd love to see him contribute next year.
03-06-2018 06:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.