Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

northcoastRocket Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo
RE: WBB @ NIU
McIntyre has 12, Santucci 11 points and 5 assists
Boyd has 9 boards

Rockets have missed at least 4-5 layups or could be running away with this.

NIU with only 2 fouls in the half.
02-28-2018 07:45 PM
northcoastRocket Online
Hall of Famer

58-57 NIU after 3. Rockets D really letting them down again. Giving up way too many layups, open shots and FT opportunities.

Kaayla has 21, and Mariella 15.
02-28-2018 08:25 PM
Rocket_Fanatic Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo!
I just don’t have any optimism heading into MAC tourney
02-28-2018 08:41 PM
SylvaniaRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOLEDO ROCKETS
(02-28-2018 08:41 PM)Rocket_Fanatic Wrote:  I just don’t have any optimism heading into MAC tourney

Agree. This is an average MAC team.
02-28-2018 08:46 PM
northcoastRocket Online
Hall of Famer

Completely imploded in the 4th. Woods was on-fire, but that wasn't the problem. Have given up nearly 60 points in the 2nd half, and there is still time left. The best Cullop teams almost never gave up more than 60 in a game.
02-28-2018 08:57 PM
Advertisement

temoxley Offline
2nd String

Looking like a losing MAC record this year. Not good. IMO they play hard but lack the talent to compete against the top teams and too often struggle against the lower teams. Loses against Northern Illinois, Eastern Michigan and Kent State tell a discouraging story. Add to that having five new players who, other than Beacham, have contributed nothing to the competitive success this year. And of course Beacham plays her 1.5 minutes, scores 2 points on a nice short range jump shot and then sits while the team goes down the drain.
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2018 09:11 PM by temoxley.)
02-28-2018 09:10 PM
rocket 51 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
As others have suggested, last year might have been a fluke. Disappointed with the talent returning for sure. Hope for a good run in the MACC tourney.
02-28-2018 09:34 PM
bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

I Root For: U of Toledo
I’m going to bite my tongue until after our stay in the MAC tournament has ended.
02-28-2018 10:25 PM
Dwight Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rockets
Rockets' defense is just embarrassing. This year has been puzzling and frustrating. I'll actually be glad when the season's over, which is a first for me.
02-28-2018 10:40 PM
inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

(02-28-2018 08:46 PM)SylvaniaRocket Wrote:  
(02-28-2018 08:41 PM)Rocket_Fanatic Wrote:  I just don’t have any optimism heading into MAC tourney

Agree. This is an average MAC team.

Well now actually a below average MAC team.
03-01-2018 12:04 AM
Advertisement

SylvaniaRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOLEDO ROCKETS
03-01-2018 08:05 AM
emanoh Offline
All American

I Root For:
WBB @ NIU
We complain about coach K, but it seems that coach C can never turn success into more success. She gets a lot out of what she has, but should be rolling in recruiting riches. Especially with that fan base. I never understand how a girl would want to play in front of 200 fans at a B10 or similarly sized school and not in front of 4k fans at Toledo.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
03-01-2018 09:06 AM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
(03-01-2018 09:06 AM)emanoh Wrote:  We complain about coach K, but it seems that coach C can never turn success into more success. She gets a lot out of what she has, but should be rolling in recruiting riches. Especially with that fan base. I never understand how a girl would want to play in front of 200 fans at a B10 or similarly sized school and not in front of 4k fans at Toledo.

Still.... WNIT win, NCAA. And Coach K? Hope this is the year, but I’m skeptical.
03-01-2018 09:21 AM
emanoh Offline
All American

I Root For:
(03-01-2018 09:21 AM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  
(03-01-2018 09:06 AM)emanoh Wrote:  We complain about coach K, but it seems that coach C can never turn success into more success. She gets a lot out of what she has, but should be rolling in recruiting riches. Especially with that fan base. I never understand how a girl would want to play in front of 200 fans at a B10 or similarly sized school and not in front of 4k fans at Toledo.

Still.... WNIT win, NCAA. And Coach K? Hope this is the year, but I’m skeptical.

The WNIT win is now getting long in the tooth. That should have been the catalyst to multiple MAC championships and reloading each year. In following the conversation this year, the team hasn't changed much from last year, but the new recruits this year aren't seeing the floor and it feels like coach c rebuilds every few years, vs reloading. I enjoy watching her teams, but something is off. The Women's program shouldn't be sub 500 in the conf.
03-01-2018 10:28 AM
inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

(03-01-2018 10:28 AM)emanoh Wrote:  

The WNIT win is now getting long in the tooth. That should have been the catalyst to multiple MAC championships and reloading each year. In following the conversation this year, the team hasn't changed much from last year, but the new recruits this year aren't seeing the floor and it feels like coach c rebuilds every few years, vs reloading. I enjoy watching her teams, but something is off. The Women's program shouldn't be sub 500 in the conf.

Very much agree with your points. I'll never forget the WNIT championship run, but that definitely should have lifted this program to the next level.
03-01-2018 11:45 AM
Advertisement

UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5

Shouldn't be knocking off undefeated A-10 champs by 20 either then...

This is the best year in the HISTORY of the MAC. A possible 3 team conference... Our RPI is sub 80 and we are going to go 8-10 in conference. Let's take it for what it is. The conference is POWER level. Our "program" is fine.
03-01-2018 12:28 PM
bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

I Root For: U of Toledo
(03-01-2018 12:28 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  

Shouldn't be knocking off undefeated A-10 champs by 20 either then...

This is the best year in the HISTORY of the MAC. A possible 3 team conference... Our RPI is sub 80 and we are going to go 8-10 in conference. Let's take it for what it is. The conference is POWER level. Our "program" is fine.

I’m still TRYING to bite my tongue! But I will say this—the problem is WE should be one of those “3”...and we’re not.
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2018 01:04 PM by bcunn3128.)
03-01-2018 01:03 PM
DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

No more 4,000 averages. 3,499 this season, 3,744 last year and 4,050 in 2015-16. A steady decline. Cullop's job is safe, but MOB needs to pressure her to replace assistants who can't recruit. Not sure he has it in him.

Last year's recruiting class of Wright, Davis and Copeland, shows none averaging even 4 minutes per game. The previous year's class of Tshitenge, Beacham, Rokkanen and Santucci has Santucci shooting 27% from the floor and Rokkanen at 29%. Beacham only plays five minutes per game. Tshitenge, a JC transfer, was injured last season and was reported to be ready for this year, but has played in only 3 games.

The 2015-16 class featured Kaayla McIntyre, but St. Fort is averaging 2 points per game and Printz left the team. Transfer Cunningham has show flashes of brilliance, but has been wildly inconsistent averaging six points per game and making only 37% of her shots.

That's three classes with only one player that you can count on to bring it every night and be productive. No wonder this team is so average.
03-01-2018 01:33 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
(03-01-2018 01:33 PM)DetroitRocket Wrote:  

No more 4,000 averages. 3,499 this season, 3,744 last year and 4,050 in 2015-16. A steady decline. Cullop's job is safe, but MOB needs to pressure her to replace assistants who can't recruit. Not sure he has it in him.

Last year's recruiting class of Wright, Davis and Copeland, shows none averaging even 4 minutes per game. The previous year's class of Tshitenge, Beacham, Rokkanen and Santucci has Santucci shooting 27% from the floor and Rokkanen at 29%. Beacham only plays five minutes per game. Tshitenge, a JC transfer, was injured last season and was reported to be ready for this year, but has played in only 3 games.

The 2015-16 class featured Kaayla McIntyre, but St. Fort is averaging 2 points per game and Printz left the team. Transfer Cunningham has show flashes of brilliance, but has been wildly inconsistent averaging six points per game and making only 37% of her shots.

That's three classes with only one player that you can count on to bring it every night and be productive. No wonder this team is so average.
All points taken... A college basketball team is still one consisting of redshirt freshman through seniors. JABH, Kaayla and Boyd are still all conference players. On a good shooting night we can still beat 80% of the country (Ball State and Dayton as evidence). That's 70 or so teams in the country we won't beat on a regular basis. In the past 10 years... That wins the MAC probably 3 to 5 times.

IMO we aren't as much disappointed with the output? We are just not content with 20 win seasons anymore. And that's a good problem to have. Every program in the MAC still wishes they had 3,500 a game and a city who cares like we do.
03-01-2018 02:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.