Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The secret airport meeting that must of took place to minimize all non P5 schools
Hilltop75 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: WKU
The secret airport meeting that must of took place to minimize all non P5 schools
It is my opinion that the so called power 5 must have had a secret meeting several years ago and said the following:

We don't like how close Butler came in Basketball and Boise State in football. What can we do
to effectively minimize all other conferences without leaving the ncaa .

FOOTBALL
4 Team Playoff. THE SPIN , Now all FBS teams have a shot. We will tell everyone that it is set in stone for a dozen years so when the push comes to expand to 8 teams we can say we have a 12 year contract. Even though we know we could go back in and re-do the contract anytime.

THE REALITY Our hand selected committee will never rank a non-power high enough to eve qualify for the playoff (see UCF)

What can we do to hurt the other conferences even more. We as P-5 confrences play more conference games and schedule more non conference games with other
P- 5 conferences.
NET EFFECT It raises our strength of schedule and decreases revenue games for G-5 teams We retain our recruiting advantage so we can tell recruits no G5 team
will ever play in the 4 Team playoff

Let's see if we can actually get all members that play NCAA Football to
let the P-5 Conferences have their own rules committee that does not include all FBS members just P-5 schools.

Change as much of the bowl schedule as we can to limit a P-5 Team from Playing a G-5 Team.
Also whenever a G-5 team beats a P-5 Team in a bowl game make sure all media state the reason was the P-5 Team was not motivated because they missed playing in the 4 team playoff.

BASKETBALL Increase your conference games and schedule more power 5 teams non conference Cherry pick good teams from other conferences to add to your conference this will add P-5 strength of schedule and add television money

So if we as P-5 conferences all get from 5 to 8 teams in the dance and limit at large selections from other conferences we have many more chances to earn ncaa credits and win the championship.

Let's get the NCAA to take over the NIT so we can also get more of our teams in and with a higher seed.

PLAYER MONEY Let;s give the student athletes between 2000 and 5000 each for spending money yearly. The G-5 will have to match and it will hurt their budgets to a much greater percentage at a time when college enrollments are decreasing and state funding keeps going down.

TELEVISION Keep and expand the high paying contracts with the major sports networks. Develop our own networks and This keeps P-5 conferences on the major channels and the others can go find their games on the internet somewhere.

Also keep referring to all teams not in the P-5 as the Group of 5 in football and as a mid major in basketball. If you can get the media to keep stats just on P-5 schools that is an added bonus.

Well they have done a masterful job executing this master plan. So I applaud you Central Florida for declaring yourselves National Champions.
02-23-2018 07:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
RE: The secret airport meeting that must of took place to minimize all non P5 schools
Well, one thing I do see is consolidation works. The best of the G5 need to consolidate into one league as much as possible It makes a difference in football SOS and it makes an even bigger (and more significant) difference in basketball RPI. Your big games can't end when the conference season starts or you are destined to be a one bid conference. Basically, if the AAC and non-power basketball programs were smart, they would all consolidate in the the AAC. If it becomes a 16-18 team basketball league--so be it. I think it might even makes sense for some FBS schools to join the AAC as olympic sports only and go indy for football if thier current conference wont allow it (ODU for instance). Add the best 4 basketball programs east of Texas. The MW needs to add BYU, Gonzaga, St Marys, and NM St olympic sports. That east/west consolidation would aid the bid hopes of all involved.
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2018 07:51 PM by Attackcoog.)
02-23-2018 07:42 PM
Nerdlinger Offline
Realignment Enthusiast

I Root For: Realignment!
RE: The secret airport meeting that must of took place to minimize all non P5 schools
Also, the moon landing was a fake!

03-wink
02-23-2018 07:44 PM
Hilltop75 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: WKU
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2018 08:01 PM by Hilltop75.)
02-23-2018 07:52 PM
Wedge Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: California
(02-23-2018 07:44 PM)Nerdlinger Wrote:  Also, the moon landing was a fake!

03-wink

Well, duh. Everyone knows that was just a NASA hoax perpetrated by O.J. Simpson.
02-23-2018 08:00 PM
Fighting Muskie Offline
Senior Chief Realignmentologist

I Root For: Ohio St, UC,MAC
Honestly I don't even see tho point of staying in the NCAA. If you go at it on your own you can create your own rules and control all of your money.

The Power 5 could levy the demand that they are pulling their football programs out of the NCAA. If the NCAA says no you can't do that then you tell them you're taking your whole athletic program out. The thought of losing the NCAA basketball money is enough to leverage the NCAA To cave to your demands.

If the Power 5 start their own athletic organization and invite the Big East to join them then the NCAA is toast. After 2-3 final 4s involving Gonzaga, Dayton, Belmont, and VCU the NCAA will be flat broke.
02-23-2018 08:12 PM
Advertisement

HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
Conspiracy theories everywhere!
02-23-2018 08:22 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
P5 schools enroll human/alien hybrids.

Ivies enroll pure aliens.

Therefore the G5 is doomed to evolutionary irrelevance.

It was only how the upper echelon schools would be segregated that was discussed at that airport.
02-23-2018 08:26 PM
leofrog Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
Ah, you funny G5ers with your conspiracy theories!
02-23-2018 09:13 PM
Fighting Muskie Offline
Senior Chief Realignmentologist

I Root For: Ohio St, UC,MAC
(02-23-2018 08:26 PM)JRsec Wrote:  P5 schools enroll human/alien hybrids.

Ivies enroll pure aliens.

Therefore the G5 is doomed to evolutionary irrelevance.

It was only how the upper echelon schools would be segregated that was discussed at that airport.

Also, there is a hidden Iluminati message in the Washington St logo.
02-23-2018 09:14 PM
billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

I Root For: ECU, Army
(02-23-2018 07:42 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  Well, one thing I do see is consolidation works. The best of the G5 need to consolidate into one league as much as possible It makes a difference in football SOS and it makes an even bigger (and more significant) difference in basketball RPI. Your big games can't end when the conference season starts or you are destined to be a one bid conference. Basically, if the AAC and non-power basketball programs were smart, they would all consolidate in the the AAC. If it becomes a 16-18 team basketball league--so be it. I think it might even makes sense for some FBS schools to join the AAC as olympic sports only and go indy for football if thier current conference wont allow it (ODU for instance). Add the best 4 basketball programs east of Texas. The MW needs to add BYU, Gonzaga, St Marys, and NM St olympic sports. That east/west consolidation would aid the bid hopes of all involved.

St Mary's isn't a basketball power. They have a great coach, that's it. They have very little fan support and a tiny gym that makes Tulanes look like a real college arena.
NMSU is just too far away but I really respect what they've done despite getting shafted on the conference realignment crap.
02-23-2018 09:17 PM
Advertisement

Kittonhead Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beat Matisse
(02-23-2018 07:26 PM)Hilltop75 Wrote:  It is my opinion that the so called power 5 must have had a secret meeting several years ago and said the following:

We don't like how close Butler came in Basketball and Boise State in football. What can we do
to effectively minimize all other conferences without leaving the ncaa .

FOOTBALL
4 Team Playoff. THE SPIN , Now all FBS teams have a shot. We will tell everyone that it is set in stone for a dozen years so when the push comes to expand to 8 teams we can say we have a 12 year contract. Even though we know we could go back in and re-do the contract anytime.

THE REALITY Our hand selected committee will never rank a non-power high enough to eve qualify for the playoff (see UCF)

What can we do to hurt the other conferences even more. We as P-5 confrences play more conference games and schedule more non conference games with other
P- 5 conferences.

NET EFFECT It raises our strength of schedule and decreases revenue games for G-5 teams We retain our recruiting advantage so we can tell recruits no G5 team
will ever play in the 4 Team playoff

The G5 was essentially tricked into this new system.

The powers that be promised no more autobids. They offered the G5 a substantial cut of TV money. Everything sounded great at first.

The P5 lost their autobids to be replaced by "contracts" with historical bowl relationships. Then the G5 became nervous. The P5 was like sure no problem we can give your highest rated champion an autobid. That seemed like a good deal.

Then the first season came out with a committee ranking the Top 25. G5 teams consistently showed if at all in the Top 25 far lower than the media polls. The new system they were promised that it would make things better actually made it harder for the G5 in the rankings.

It was a cruel trick to the G5 after promises of real fairness. The new system ranked who had the best schedule not necessarily the best team. A system that was stacked impossibly against the G5.

Hopes were definitely dashed IMO.
02-23-2018 11:06 PM
Kittonhead Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-23-2018 07:42 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  Well, one thing I do see is consolidation works. The best of the G5 need to consolidate into one league as much as possible It makes a difference in football SOS and it makes an even bigger (and more significant) difference in basketball RPI.

What about more of a promotion/demotion system in the G5?

One coast-2-coast TV contract where appearances and schedules would be regulated by last years finish.

Could it make enough of a difference in football scheduling to the point where the best G5 team is considered playoff worthy?

There are about 60 teams in G5. Break it into 3 regions.

West 20: MWC, NMSU, BYU, Texas schools
South 20: CUSA/SBC/ACC southern schools
North 20: MAC, Temple, UC, Marshall, Army, UConn, UMass, Navy, Liberty, ODU

The way it could work is the better 10 schools in each region form the A division while the other 10 form the B division. This way the A division has a SOS more competitive for the playoff.

Division A champion would go to a CFP bowl.
Division B champion would go to a minor bowl.

Could TV get excited about something like this? Would the fans be more excited to enjoy a different alignment each year?

Could Tulane make a bowl playing in the B division? Against lower tier CUSA and SBC competition maybe so.
02-23-2018 11:25 PM
owl at the moon Offline
Eastern Screech Owl

I Root For: rice,smu,uh,unt
(02-23-2018 11:25 PM)Kittonhead Wrote:  
(02-23-2018 07:42 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  Well, one thing I do see is consolidation works. The best of the G5 need to consolidate into one league as much as possible It makes a difference in football SOS and it makes an even bigger (and more significant) difference in basketball RPI.

One coast-2-coast TV contract where appearances and schedules would be regulated by last years finish.

Could it make enough of a difference in football scheduling to the point where the best G5 team is considered playoff worthy?

The way it could work is the better 10 schools in each region form the A division while the other 10 form the B division. This way the A division has a SOS more competitive for the playoff.

Could TV get excited about something like this? Would the fans be more excited to enjoy a different alignment each year?

Could Tulane make a bowl playing in the B division? Against lower tier CUSA and SBC competition maybe so.

I was going to mention the promotion/relegation concept in your thread about marketing the G5.
Yes, absolutely that would definitely create fan interest and quite possibly institutional interest in such an arrangement.

Would it impress the P5 ranking committee? Hell no. But it would be something marketable. And every game matters, even 1-10 vs 2-9, with relegation on the line...
02-24-2018 09:30 AM
Kittonhead Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-24-2018 09:30 AM)owl at the moon Wrote:  
(02-23-2018 11:25 PM)Kittonhead Wrote:  

I was going to mention the promotion/relegation concept in your thread about marketing the G5.
Yes, absolutely that would definitely create fan interest and quite possibly institutional interest in such an arrangement.

Would it impress the P5 ranking committee? Hell no. But it would be something marketable. And every game matters, even 1-10 vs 2-9, with relegation on the line...

Doing G5 the right way like European Soccer instead of the P5 crapola would attract the publics interest.

Make a superior product than the P5's backwardness allows for.
02-24-2018 09:59 AM
JHS55 Offline
All American

I Root For: Houston
It’s really telling of the ESPN league fan posters posting here what they think, no surprise there !
But what these dudes can not conceive is the possibility that the non autonomous conferences might actually break from the NCAA for all sports and then college sports would have two leagues and mybe some day even compete against each other
The seeds have already been sowed for this kind of expanding growth and might have been espns grand plans to begin with ? But for those of you that think the 5 non autonomous conferences can’t grow their fan bases are being short sighted imo
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2018 10:19 AM by JHS55.)
02-24-2018 10:18 AM
Advertisement

SMUmustangs Offline
All American

I Root For:
(02-23-2018 07:42 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  Well, one thing I do see is consolidation works. The best of the G5 need to consolidate into one league as much as possible It makes a difference in football SOS and it makes an even bigger (and more significant) difference in basketball RPI. Your big games can't end when the conference season starts or you are destined to be a one bid conference. Basically, if the AAC and non-power basketball programs were smart, they would all consolidate in the the AAC. If it becomes a 16-18 team basketball league--so be it. I think it might even makes sense for some FBS schools to join the AAC as olympic sports only and go indy for football if thier current conference wont allow it (ODU for instance). Add the best 4 basketball programs east of Texas. The MW needs to add BYU, Gonzaga, St Marys, and NM St olympic sports. That east/west consolidation would aid the bid hopes of all involved.

I agree that the best of the G5 needs to consolidate and I presume you are primarily talking basketball. However, to me football drives the bus. I know all of the arguments against starting a new conference etc. However, we need to think long term. For example:

EAST DIVISION

UConn
ECU
Central Florida
South Florida
Memphis
Cincy
Navy
Army

WEST DIVISION

Houston
SMU
Colorado State
Air Force
New Mexico
BYU
Boise
San Diego State

Navy and Army football only. Replaced in other sport by Wichita and one other...maybe Creighton or whoever. Maybe someone has a better suggestion than Creighton.

Admittedly this would be a football first conference.
02-24-2018 11:36 AM
Kittonhead Offline
Hall of Famer

The thing with FB is there aren't that many road games in a season and with a national G5 TV deal like I have been talking about with games on Fri/Sat travel would be limited to weekends.

Therefore the conference alignments that we have today in G5 football aren't really needed for travel, in fact are counterproductive in most cases. Put all of the teams into 3 regions West, North, South and have promotion/regulation division.

For this year the west would be the following division.

#25 Boise St.
#38 Fresno St.
#42 SDSU
#52 Houston
#65 North Texas
#66 SMU
#67 Wyoming
#79 Colorado St.
#91 Air Force
#93 Utah State

It looks like an AAC of the west without some of the weaker schools of the MWC included. Included in the A level division is 2 Cali and 3 Texas schools.

Then you would have a "B Division" in the west.

#96 UTSA
#98 New Mexico St.
#102 UNLV
#103 BYU
#106 Nevada
#108 Tulsa
#114 Idaho
#116 New Mexico
#121 Hawaii
#125 San Jose St.

A Division champ would go to the Fiesta Bowl while B division champ goes to the Las Vegas Bowl.

Every 4 years promotion/regulation is re-evaluated as programs grow/decline.
02-24-2018 12:03 PM
billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

I Root For: ECU, Army
(02-24-2018 11:36 AM)SMUmustangs Wrote:  

I agree that the best of the G5 needs to consolidate and I presume you are primarily talking basketball. However, to me football drives the bus. I know all of the arguments against starting a new conference etc. However, we need to think long term. For example:

EAST DIVISION

UConn
ECU
Central Florida
South Florida
Memphis
Cincy
Navy
Army

WEST DIVISION

Houston
SMU
Colorado State
Air Force
New Mexico
BYU
Boise
San Diego State

Navy and Army football only. Replaced in other sport by Wichita and one other...maybe Creighton or whoever. Maybe someone has a better suggestion than Creighton.

I like this lineup.
Tulsa, Tulane and Temple are gonzos but we gotta do what we gotta do.
No to Creighton. Football playing schools only.
02-24-2018 12:05 PM
Nerdlinger Offline
Realignment Enthusiast

I Root For: Realignment!
(02-24-2018 11:36 AM)SMUmustangs Wrote:  I agree that the best of the G5 needs to consolidate and I presume you are primarily talking basketball. However, to me football drives the bus. I know all of the arguments against starting a new conference etc. However, we need to think long term. For example:

EAST DIVISION

UConn
ECU
Central Florida
South Florida
Memphis
Cincy
Navy
Army

WEST DIVISION

Houston
SMU
Colorado State
Air Force
New Mexico
BYU
Boise
San Diego State

Too much deadweight. Drop Army, SMU, AFA, and UNM. Maybe trade ECU for Temple.

"Best-of-the-Rest" Conference
East: Cincy, Memphis, Temple, UCF, UConn, USF
West: Boise, BYU, CSU, Houston, Navy (FB only), SDSU
Non-FB: Wichita State
02-24-2018 02:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.