Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

This one hurts...
Bookmark and Share
Marc Mensa Online
You'll Get Nothing and Like It

I Root For: The Underdog
This one hurts...
...for some very jaded Tiger fans, Keelon Lawson and his boy Gary Parrish.
02-22-2018 11:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

memtiger1987 Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis
RE: This one hurts...
Love it!!
02-22-2018 11:32 PM
TigerBabbler Offline
All American

I Root For:
Facts remain that they are underperforming as a staff...good win...but it doesn't change the fact that they are a year away from the door. It's always been 3 years...when all these kids leave it's reboot Jr Colleges again....and that model will not be enough...I'm happy for those kids to get a win. Creates good memory for them considering they will not play in NCAA.

Houston isn't a top 25 team.

Go Tigers...
02-22-2018 11:37 PM
cmt Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Great win and really nice to see Parrish have to interview Tubby. What a jerk, he said the media maligns the Tigers. Have some guts and say," I malign you and the Tigers every single day on the radio."

Anyway, our expectations are so low for this program now, that a miraculous win at home against a barely top 20 team is, by far, our biggest win of the season
02-22-2018 11:42 PM
Marc Mensa Online

All he needs is a Jimmy Chitwood...

(This post was last modified: 02-22-2018 11:53 PM by Marc Mensa.)
02-22-2018 11:47 PM
MonsterTigerBlue Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tigers!!!!!
GP is playin the cards he is dealt ... somebody has to play the heel, errrrrin and ummin his way to becoming the Vodka Empire King
I dont hate the guy , just dislike all the discord he trys to toss out, seems like a tiny stummbling block and boy look at the big brain
on that cat, gettin ratings from the haters,,, smart to stir the pot.. only way he gets ratings but ya gotta do what ya gotta do..
I listen from time to time.. even though im not a fan !!! doing something right !!
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2018 12:04 AM by MonsterTigerBlue.)
02-22-2018 11:57 PM
Advertisement

jamammy Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

02-23-2018 12:02 AM
450bench Offline

(02-22-2018 11:42 PM)cmt Wrote:  Great win and really nice to see Parrish have to interview Tubby. What a jerk, he said the media maligns the Tigers. Have some guts and say," I malign you and the Tigers every single day on the radio."

Yep. Can't stand the sight of the guy or the sound of his voice.
02-23-2018 12:27 AM
Shooters Offline
1st String

(02-22-2018 11:57 PM)MonsterTigerBlue Wrote:  GP is playin the cards he is dealt ... somebody has to play the heel, errrrrin and ummin his way to becoming the Vodka Empire King
I dont hate the guy , just dislike all the discord he trys to toss out, seems like a tiny stummbling block and boy look at the big brain
on that cat, gettin ratings from the haters,,, smart to stir the pot.. only way he gets ratings but ya gotta do what ya gotta do..
I listen from time to time.. even though im not a fan !!! doing something right !!

Less than 1% of the total population of our metro area listen to sports radio at all and way less than that specifically to Parrish. So who cares except you diehard listeners?
02-23-2018 01:05 AM
thagr82008 Offline
Banned

I Root For: MEMPHOBABEE
(02-22-2018 11:42 PM)cmt Wrote:  Great win and really nice to see Parrish have to interview Tubby. What a jerk, he said the media maligns the Tigers. Have some guts and say," I malign you and the Tigers every single day on the radio."

Anyway, our expectations are so low for this program now, that a miraculous win at home against a barely top 20 team is, by far, our biggest win of the season

Pathetic indeed....maybe 3 seasons....maybe 4 03-yawn
02-23-2018 02:28 AM
EricSigEpTNBeta183 Offline
1st String

Their first good win of the season. This doesn’t really change anything but it’s nice to get a good W at home. The fanbase deserves it. And the one thing that stuck out to me the most was the fun the kids were having on the bench. Tubby and staff needs to do all they can to keep anyone from transferring.
02-23-2018 02:33 AM
Advertisement

Crazier Online
All American

3 game winning streak. Maybe the Tubbs is on to something.
02-23-2018 02:51 AM
FORealTigerFan Offline
Say What?

I Root For: Beer
It does hurt. Another year of underachieving. Maybe Tubby can win out and fool another school to come after him.
02-23-2018 03:36 AM
Hoots Offline
1st String

(02-23-2018 03:36 AM)FORealTigerFan Wrote:  It does hurt. Another year of underachieving. Maybe Tubby can win out and fool another school to come after him.

I'm curious about Tigers fans hoping we lose games so that Tubby leaves...do you not watch the games and pray for losses, or do you watch and hope we miss shots while the opponent makes theirs?
02-23-2018 08:29 AM
MEMPHIS TIGERS Offline
2nd String

(02-23-2018 08:29 AM)Hoots Wrote:  
(02-23-2018 03:36 AM)FORealTigerFan Wrote:  It does hurt. Another year of underachieving. Maybe Tubby can win out and fool another school to come after him.

I'm curious about Tigers fans hoping we lose games so that Tubby leaves...do you not watch the games and pray for losses, or do you watch and hope we miss shots while the opponent makes theirs?

They are not Tiger fans.
02-23-2018 09:32 AM
MemTiger90 Offline
All American

(02-23-2018 09:32 AM)MEMPHIS TIGERS Wrote:  

They are not Tiger fans.
Sure we are. In fact, we're bigger tiger fans than the rest of you. We see the big picture. We see the future of our beloved program is at stake. We don't live game to game and moral victory to moral victory. We see the big picture, and if all remains the same, it's going to get a lot worse.
02-23-2018 09:42 AM
Advertisement

Tigx Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Sanity
(02-23-2018 09:42 AM)MemTiger90 Wrote:  

They are not Tiger fans.
Sure we are. In fact, we're bigger tiger fans than the rest of you. We see the big picture. We see the future of our beloved program is at stake. We don't live game to game and moral victory to moral victory. We see the big picture, and if all remains the same, it's going to get a lot worse.

'90, do you ever shut up?
02-23-2018 09:43 AM
msu65 Offline
Blue To The Core

They are not Tiger fans.

All the bitching an moaning has absolutely no effect on whether Tubby Smith stays or goes. The sooner you remember that the happier you will be.
02-23-2018 09:57 AM
MEMPHIS TIGERS Offline
2nd String

They are not Tiger fans.

STFU. You can't see ****
02-23-2018 10:01 AM
Marc Mensa Online

They are not Tiger fans.

Honestly, I think its the small picture you see and not the big one. If this program is built on the backs of payoffs and 1 & dones, then the program will be shuttered up. Yes, everyone else is doing it, but we aren't allowed to play that game... which is why Tubby isn't wasting his time recruiting kids with their hands out. Of course, that's the quick fix, but it ain't going to happen under Tubby. He's going to recruit a team of blue collar kids and hope the right 4-5 star is willing to come and compliment them. Maybe this is the long road, but we can't afford to do it the wrong way.
02-23-2018 10:03 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.