Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

EMU game note
Bookmark and Share
pono Online
Heisman

I Root For:
EMU game note
Only 7 rockets played. Gordon, roberts and alderson, all no minutes or stats.

Our 3 primary shooters-Fletcher, Navigato and Sanford were 8-17 from 3, no one else made a 3. our group of high percentage, but less attempts, shooters-M Jackson, Knapke, Roberts and Alderson did not make a single 3.

Interesting that our late game fade came in the first game of the year when we played less than 8 players (usually play 9).

With 10 healthy guys who have contributed, I'm hoping the minutes stay more spread out and the players fresh. Playing 7 didn't go very well.
02-22-2018 04:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Basketball Jones Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
RE: EMU game note
I think the tough 2-3 Zone Defense that EMU plays might have been the reason for the shortening of the bench due to some of the younger players like Alderson and Gordon never having played against it. As you saw in the second half, even some of our veteran players had trouble with it. Hopefully, Coack K gets back to the regular rotation starting with the Central Michigan game!
(This post was last modified: 02-22-2018 03:20 PM by Basketball Jones.)
02-22-2018 12:53 PM
pono Online
Heisman

I Root For:
true, i agree with most of that, but alderson also doesn't make a lot of bonehead plays and has range. same with roberts, and they were playing a tiny 5-10 off guard half the game, who justin could have guarded.
02-23-2018 04:39 AM
Advertisement

rockytop Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo
My guess is he wanted a tall guard at the top running the offense. You saw mostly Fletcher and Sanford running things. A little easier for a bigger guard to get the ball to the high post. Roberts may have had trouble with post entry passes.
02-23-2018 08:58 AM
Rocket75 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
The only way Toledo wins the tournament is if we use 9 or 10 guys in the rotation. The team with somewhat fresh players is usually the victor. For Toledo to win, I would expect a scenario like that which happened with the UT women last year. If Buffalo and Ball State get knocked off, we have a real shot..

In reality, our best shot at a postseason win would be in the NIT.
02-23-2018 10:25 AM
JCRocket Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Toledo
I too was very surprised how much he went away from the rotation and depth that have seemed to make such a difference for us this year. Will be interesting to see if the approach changes at all for next week's rematch.
02-23-2018 05:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.