Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Shooter who stopped violent attack a ‘hero’
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Shooter who stopped violent attack a ‘hero’
Quote:ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — Albuquerque police are calling the man who shot and killed another man at Yale and Gibson on Sunday evening a “hero” who may have prevented a murder.

Officer Simon Drobik, a police spokesman, said charges are not likely to be filed against the 34-year-old man, but the final decision will be up to the District Attorney’s Office.

The man, an Uber driver who has served in the National Guard for 12 years, intervened in a domestic violence altercation that led to the shooting, police said.

Drobik told reporters that Xiao Gong, who owns an Albuquerque hotel, was driving her daughter to the Albuquerque International Sunport around 5 p.m. Sunday when her estranged husband, Qian Ming, 66, intentionally crashed his car into Gong’s truck near the intersection.

After the wreck, Ming ran toward the two women and fired into the car, striking the daughter in the shoulder. He then pulled the daughter from the car and started violently pistol whipping her in the street, Drobik said.

That’s when the guardsman pointed his weapon at Ming and told him to stop. Drobik said Ming pointed the gun at the man, who feared for his safety and shot and killed Ming.

“To say the least, this guy prevented possibly a double homicide. That’s what we could have on our hands tonight,” Drobik said. “In my 19 years of experience, I would say that those two females would have been dead if he hadn’t stepped in and took action.”

https://www.abqjournal.com/1135728/apd-e...night.html
02-20-2018 12:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
RE: Shooter who stopped violent attack a ‘hero’
Guns are scary.
02-20-2018 12:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

(02-20-2018 12:41 PM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  Guns are scary.

They're not as scary when you have your own.
02-20-2018 12:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
Those under assault should have run or hid, or maybe fought back only if forced to do so, and the bystander should have called 911 and retreated to his safe space until the police got there.
02-20-2018 12:54 PM
Advertisement

CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

(02-20-2018 12:54 PM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  Those under assault should have run or hid, or maybe fought back only if forced to do so, and the bystander should have called 911 and retreated to his safe space until the police got there.

[Image: this-is-how-a-real-safe-space-looks-like...632181.png]

[Image: imageedit_1864_9831854552.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2018 01:04 PM by CrimsonPhantom.)
02-20-2018 01:03 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
Certainly a hero. Give that man the key to the city.
02-20-2018 03:04 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
Death to Ming? Too soon?
02-20-2018 04:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.