Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

#MeToo lawmaker 'had sex with colleagues to get information'
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
#MeToo lawmaker 'had sex with colleagues to get information'
[Image: Cristina-garcia-Pomona-College.jpg]

Quote:Outspoken #MeToo campaigner Cristina Garcia – a California assemblywoman who captured national media attention as a “silence breaker” in the movement – reportedly told her staffers that having sex with elected officials “was a good way of getting information” from them.

Garcia, chairwoman of the Legislative Women’s Caucus, is also accused of groping a staffer and a lobbyist, hosting a game of “Spin the Bottle” and demanding that staffers drink alcohol and go to happy hour with her.

Four of Garcia’s former staffers said she “spoke graphically” about romps with other lawmakers in their offices, the San Francisco Chronicle reported.

The staffers wouldn’t say which lawmakers slept with Garcia “out of respect for their privacy,” their lawyer, Daniel Gilleon, wrote in a letter to the Assembly Rules Committee.

The staffers themselves haven’t been named, either. Gilleon said revealing their identities might hurt their chances of obtaining jobs in the Legislature again.

“The former staffers also said Garcia pressured them into drinking in the office and at outside events, belittled her aides and often disparaged other lawmakers,” the Chronicle reported.

Garcia, a Los Angeles Democrat, is on a leave of absence. She was an outspoken women’s advocate in the #MeToo movement until a former staffer and lobbyist accused her of groping them.

Daniel Fierro said an inebriated Garcia cornered him and began touching his back, squeezing his derriere and attempting to grab his groin area in 2014.

A Sacramento lobbyist, who remains anonymous, said she tried to grab his groin when the two were at a political fundraiser in 2017.

The allegations don’t end there.

David John Kernick, 38, who worked for Garcia in 2014, has filed a complaint with the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing. Kernick claims he was fired for questioning whether staffers should be asked to play the kissing game “Spin the Bottle.”

“It was definitely uncomfortable,” Kernick told Politico.

He added: “But I realized it’s different for a man than for a woman. … You know it’s inappropriate, but at the same time, you may wonder, ‘How many women do you work for that act like that?’ You think … ‘Maybe she’s just really cool.’ It muddies the waters.”

Another anonymous staffer said Garcia creates a situation where there was a “power imbalance.”

“It was a power imbalance,” the staffer told Politico. “You’re telling me, ‘We’re going to go to happy hour,’ and I don’t want to do that. It was something that was central – ‘We’re going to go out.’ … and I was, ‘I don’t want to hang out with you, I want to go home.'”

http://www.wnd.com/2018/02/metoo-lawmake...formation/
02-19-2018 07:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
RE: #MeToo lawmaker 'had sex with colleagues to get information'
Classy!
02-19-2018 07:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
memphistiger89 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Maybe she's just old school.

When I was younger, # was the symbol for pound. Maybe she is confused.

Pound Me Too
02-19-2018 10:12 PM
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
Puta
02-19-2018 10:14 PM
ODUsmitty Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
The whore that cried "wolf"???
02-19-2018 11:49 PM
Advertisement

Eldonabe Online
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
Do as I say not as I do.......... That should be the mantra of pretty much everybody in our new country....

These "elected and/or appointed" officials take 2 oaths when they take their posts:

The first is their swearing in to office........
The second is the Hypocratic Oath which simply states - "I promise to say everything that the public wants to hear, but I do not have to live by those words myself....." "The rules apply to everyone but me"
02-20-2018 08:44 AM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
Posted this with in a thread a few mos. ago; this is not that uncommon when you get men and women working together who are attracted to one or the other. Had a supervisor grab hold of my junk when I was 19- she claimed she was removing a piece of lint from my pants (apparently she had to grab hold and squeeze to remove it).

Another female boss nailed several coworkers— she was super easy once she had a few drinks in her. It’s not just bad males doing this stuff
02-20-2018 09:06 AM
Advertisement

Eldonabe Online
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
(02-20-2018 09:06 AM)CliftonAve Wrote:  Posted this with in a thread a few mos. ago; this is not that uncommon when you get men and women working together who are attracted to one or the other. Had a supervisor grab hold of my junk when I was 19- she claimed she was removing a piece of lint from my pants (apparently she had to grab hold and squeeze to remove it).

Another female boss nailed several coworkers— she was super easy once she had a few drinks in her. It’s not just bad males doing this stuff

Um did you see her picture above? The males must have had some degree of blindness - no?

I think most agree that if you are going to call people out for a certain kind of behavior, you yourself should not be engaging in that same behavior - Am I missing something here?
02-20-2018 01:34 PM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
7 paragraphs before we see mention of the word "Democrat."
02-20-2018 01:39 PM
Advertisement

Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
(02-20-2018 09:06 AM)CliftonAve Wrote:  Posted this with in a thread a few mos. ago; this is not that uncommon when you get men and women working together who are attracted to one or the other. Had a supervisor grab hold of my junk when I was 19- she claimed she was removing a piece of lint from my pants (apparently she had to grab hold and squeeze to remove it).

For a while my medic friends said that the EMS in their agency name stood for Extra Marital Sex. Thought he was joking until one night we had a call and when the unit got there my Captain noticed the medic was wearing his partner's uniform shirt and suggested that they swap before a supervisor saw it and they had to explain how that could happen when they had a segregated bunk room at their substation.
02-20-2018 01:44 PM
49RFootballNow Online
He who walks without rhythm

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
(02-20-2018 01:34 PM)Eldonabe Wrote:  

Um did you see her picture above? The males must have had some degree of blindness - no?

I think most agree that if you are going to call people out for a certain kind of behavior, you yourself should not be engaging in that same behavior - Am I missing something here?

See, it's not the same thing. She was merely taking on the "Patriarchy" using their own tactics. By doing so she proves her dedication to the cause. Every unwanted female grope of a male crotch is a victory for feminism and "social justice"!
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2018 01:51 PM by 49RFootballNow.)
02-20-2018 01:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.