Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

John Martin and Brad Carson get OWNED -
Bookmark and Share
dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

I Root For: Mem & Kent St
John Martin and Brad Carson get OWNED -
You may or may not be on the Tubby train and you have the right to choose, but here, those 2 clowns get owned.

http://bballjones.com/2018/02/17/with-ev...n-balance/
02-18-2018 09:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

EricSigEpTNBeta183 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis
RE: John Martin and Brad Carson get OWNED -
Jay Brenner is a clown. Read some of his tweets and you’ll understand why.
02-18-2018 09:39 AM
MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-18-2018 09:39 AM)EricSigEpTNBeta183 Wrote:  Jay Brenner is a clown. Read some of his tweets and you’ll understand why.

I would also think he will get ripped to shreds on the radio all day tomorrow
02-18-2018 09:41 AM
macgar32 Offline
Legend

Oh I would love for Tubby to win and win big in Memphis for many to eat their words...Myself Included.

BUT...

Just because someone is following the facts, stats and history but ends up being wrong does not make them lack credibility. It just would mean that Tubby succeeded in a manner that is highly unlikely.
02-18-2018 09:42 AM
dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

(02-18-2018 09:39 AM)EricSigEpTNBeta183 Wrote:  Jay Brenner is a clown. Read some of his tweets and you’ll understand why.

You certainly have the right to be on either side of the fence, but I haven't read anything he's said that is not fundamentally true. And in this article, he's right. John Martin doesn't know ish. And Brad Carson blocked him for simply saying that their credibility is on the line? They have been hammering Tubby all along. Relentlessly. And Jay simply points out we are better than expected this year (which is true) and almost better than last year when he had 2 Lawsons and Markel.

How is any of what he said wrong?
02-18-2018 09:43 AM
salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

I Root For: Space Mountain
You probably needed to look up what "owned" means.

Actually, the bbjones guys comes across as pathetically desperate.

If you look at his twitter feed far too many of his posts are about 92.9 and anyone associated with that station. WAY too much of his feed is just rambling about 92.9. He needs to pay them rent cause they live in his head.

He obsesses about them. Perhaps he's trying to make a name for his radio show, so he thinks by "punching up" he'll get recognition.

What's even more confusing is that by trying to contrast himself to 929, he has to entrench himself in the "everything is awesome" approach to the status of the program. Which, of course, is idiotic.

He also has to try to disparage previous teams to try to make this one appear successful, which is weird, too.
02-18-2018 09:43 AM
Advertisement

450bench Offline

Martin and Carson are clowns as well, to be fair, making their pillow fight meaningless.
Don't know if any of them "owned" anything though.
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2018 09:45 AM by 450bench.)
02-18-2018 09:44 AM
dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

(02-18-2018 09:41 AM)MemTigers1998 Wrote:  

Fortunately for Jay, I don't think he cares. And he is on the radio too (albeit with less of an audience).
02-18-2018 09:44 AM
salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

Brenner?

Nah, he has a loyal following of about 5 pea brains that lap up his nonsense:
Justice Bolden
Kevin Saulsberry
TTaylor
Gary Harder
Alex Gillespie

Dumb tweets like this sum it up:

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2018 09:48 AM by salukiblue.)
02-18-2018 09:46 AM
dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

(02-18-2018 09:43 AM)salukiblue Wrote:  You probably needed to look up what "owned" means.

Actually, the bbjones guys comes across as pathetically desperate.

If you look at his twitter feed far too many of his posts are about 92.9 and anyone associated with that station. WAY too much of his feed is just rambling about 92.9. He needs to pay them rent cause they live in his head.

He obsesses about them. Perhaps he's trying to make a name for his radio show, so he thinks by "punching up" he'll get recognition.

What's even more confusing is that by trying to contrast himself to 929, he has to entrench himself in the "everything is awesome" approach to the status of the program. Which, of course, is idiotic.

He also has to try to disparage previous teams to try to make this one appear successful, which is weird, too.

It's clear you don't like him from your tweet exchanges. That's fine. I think he owned them because he speaks the truth and they block him. In my book, as the kids say, they got served.
02-18-2018 09:48 AM
dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

(02-18-2018 09:46 AM)salukiblue Wrote:  

Brenner?

Nah, he has a loyal following of about 5 pea brains that lap up his nonsense:
Justice Bolden
Kevin Saulsberry
TTaylor
Gary Harder
Alex Gillespie

Dumb tweets like this sum it up:

What's wrong with that tweet? Is it inaccurate? It's clear which side of the aisle you sit on. But he's right.
02-18-2018 09:49 AM
Advertisement

Tigergary Offline
All American

I Root For: Tigers
(02-18-2018 09:43 AM)dannyb73 Wrote:  

You certainly have the right to be on either side of the fence, but I haven't read anything he's said that is not fundamentally true. And in this article, he's right. John Martin doesn't know ish. And Brad Carson blocked him for simply saying that their credibility is on the line? They have been hammering Tubby all along. Relentlessly. And Jay simply points out we are better than expected this year (which is true) and almost better than last year when he had 2 Lawsons and Markel.

I personally don't put to much stock in the whole "this team will win as much as last team" argument. Per schedule difference and strength of conference. AAC is bad this year and we might finish 6th?
02-18-2018 09:51 AM
1st String

(02-18-2018 09:43 AM)dannyb73 Wrote:  [quote='EricSigEpTNBeta183' pid='15085627' dateline='1518964768']

[/quote

And what has martin said that has been fundamentally wrong? Jay had the same hot take when they won 4 in a row but then they started losing again and he stopped responding. Let’s leave the 6th in the conf talk (the fact that he’s even punping that up makes me laugh) until the season is over. He was spouting off that narrative before and then they stared to slide and fall in the standing and he shut up again.

And not to mention this team didn’t have to play the top of the AAC 2x. Only Cinci. Replace 2 W with WSU and Houston, we’d be 14-13. Can’t really used that argument but we can next year.
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2018 09:56 AM by EricSigEpTNBeta183.)
02-18-2018 09:51 AM
1st String

(02-18-2018 09:44 AM)dannyb73 Wrote:  

Fortunately for Jay, I don't think he cares. And he is on the radio too (albeit with less of an audience).

He’s on the radio?!? What station? I didn’t know that. AM or FM? Not that that matters, I would peg him or an internet show or podcast. Something that you can do from your parents basement.
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2018 09:54 AM by EricSigEpTNBeta183.)
02-18-2018 09:53 AM
salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

And Johnny Carr is on the dumb dumb list, too.
02-18-2018 09:53 AM
dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

(02-18-2018 09:51 AM)EricSigEpTNBeta183 Wrote:  
(02-18-2018 09:43 AM)dannyb73 Wrote:  [quote='EricSigEpTNBeta183' pid='15085627' dateline='1518964768']

[/quote

And what has martin said that has been fundamentally wrong? Jay had the same hot take when they won 4 in a row but then they started losing again and he stopped responding. Let’s leave the 6th in the conf talk (the fact that he’s even punping that up makes me laugh) until the season is over. He was spouting off that narrative before and then they stared to slide and fall in the standing and he shut up again.

The thing is, if you follow what he's saying, is that while he's not satisfied with that the simple truth is they are exceeding preseason expectations. Of course we all want them to win the AAC. Or compete for the title. But with the Lawson's quitting on Memphis and Markel leaving, Tubby and the kids are overachieving based on expectations.
02-18-2018 09:55 AM
Advertisement

salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

I'd imagine the blocking takes place because the dude is psychotic about going @ 929, Carson, Parrish, etc...over and over and over and over.

At some point you get tired of some idiot always putting you in their mentions.
02-18-2018 09:56 AM
dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

(02-18-2018 09:53 AM)EricSigEpTNBeta183 Wrote:  
(02-18-2018 09:44 AM)dannyb73 Wrote:  

He’s on the radio?!? What station? I didn’t know that. AM or FM? Not that that matters, I would peg him or an internet show or podcast. Something that you can do from your parents basement.

Radio Station:730AM
Time:1pm.
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2018 09:57 AM by dannyb73.)
02-18-2018 09:56 AM
dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

(02-18-2018 09:56 AM)salukiblue Wrote:  

I'd imagine the blocking takes place because the dude is psychotic about going @ 929, Carson, Parrish, etc...over and over and over and over.

At some point you get tired of some idiot always putting you in their mentions.

He apparently hasn't blocked you yet.
02-18-2018 10:01 AM
salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

(02-18-2018 09:55 AM)dannyb73 Wrote:  
(02-18-2018 09:51 AM)EricSigEpTNBeta183 Wrote:  

[/quote

The thing is, if you follow what he's saying, is that while he's not satisfied with that the simple truth is they are exceeding preseason expectations. Of course we all want them to win the AAC. Or compete for the title. But with the Lawson's quitting on Memphis and Markel leaving, Tubby and the kids are overachieving based on expectations.

They aren't overachieving AT ALL.

That's the whole point.

This year, according to the vegas line, they have won three games in which they were underdogs: @Temple, @SMU, and @Tulane

I'll count Tulane but the facts the last minute DNP for their starting PG would have shifted the line. The more we know about SMU, the less of a surprise that is.

As for losing as favorites, Memphis lost to ECU and at vs. UCF.

Their three best wins are vs. Temple, NKU, and Tulsa.
02-18-2018 10:01 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.