Houston 100%..... (24-6)........<4.9>.......[17]
Temple 61%......... (17-13) .....<10.1>.....[45]
UCF 10% .............. (18-12) .....<11.6>
SMU 8% ................(18-13) .....<11.1>
Tulsa 2%............... (18-12)......<11.7>

Cincy would be the fourth 1 seed
WSU would be the second 4 seed
Houston would be the first 5 seed

Other conferences not listed only have a handful of bid stealers possible if there is an upset in a conference tourny.

AAC teams not listed are predicted to have 0% chance at an at large.
02-16-2018 02:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Doglando Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UCF
RE: NCAA Bid forecast by conference
FWIW an unbiased analytics site like teamrankings is generally going to overvalue the AAC compared to the committee. harsh reality. Probably best evidenced by houston being at 4.9 and cincy being 4th overall, they were just 8th overall in the reveal before this houston loss.
02-16-2018 02:42 PM
LetsGoUC Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Cincinnati
90% chance AAC ends up with 3 bids.
I can see 2 if wichita or houston completely implode (they wont)
I can see 4 if Temple gets to 20 wins in any way (they have great metrics and SOS)

What's up with Tulsa? Sneaky 15 wins. Do their fans have any postseason expectations? Out of the 12 AAC teams I think about Tulsa the absolute least. No one talks about them.
02-16-2018 02:46 PM
stever20 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Sports
it's 61% for Temple if they win only 17 games. If they win on Sunday and win out, that number will go way up.
02-16-2018 02:57 PM
Huskypride Offline
New Kid on the Block

I Root For: Competitive FB
UConn CIT chances - 0%
02-16-2018 03:06 PM
TU4ever Offline
All American

I Root For: Tulsa
(02-16-2018 02:42 PM)Doglando Wrote:  FWIW an unbiased analytics site like teamrankings is generally going to overvalue the AAC compared to the committee. harsh reality. Probably best evidenced by houston being at 4.9 and cincy being 4th overall, they were just 8th overall in the reveal before this houston loss.

I think so too, although Cincy has moved up in RPI a ways since then. More telling is they were a 1.9 seed average making me think a 2 seed is most likely. Houston needed the rpi boost from the Cincy win to advance it's seed. A five seems about right though a four or six are possible.
02-16-2018 03:32 PM
Advertisement

Nevadanatural Offline
1st String

(02-16-2018 02:46 PM)LetsGoUC Wrote:  90% chance AAC ends up with 3 bids.
I can see 4 if Temple gets to 20 wins in any way (they have great metrics and SOS)

What's up with Tulsa? Sneaky 15 wins. Do their fans have any postseason expectations? Out of the 12 AAC teams I think about Tulsa the absolute least. No one talks about them.

We’re hoping for an NIT home game which we should have a shot at if we just win the games we should from here on out which would result in a fourth place finish. To get an NCAA bid we would have to (a) win the conference tourney for the autobid (22-11 with Cincy loss) or (b) win out until the tourney finals and hope for an at-large (22-11 with win in Cincy and loss in finals). I don’t feel good about either scenario.

No one talks about us because most on here want to do nothing but smack talk. Most of the Tulsa fan base only wants to talk basketball without bashing the other teams so we just read and don’t post or start threads about how great we are. When the preseason picks came out I said that 9th place was too low and I expected TU to finish in the top half of the conference, there were no discussions about how we had improved from last year just a bunch of dismissive (tulsane) crap so I just dropped out of those discussions.

I’ve never understood deriding the team you just beat (or who just beat you) and saying how horrible they are. If they’re horrible then what does that make us?
02-16-2018 03:35 PM
TU4ever Offline
All American

(02-16-2018 02:57 PM)stever20 Wrote:  it's 61% for Temple if they win only 17 games. If they win on Sunday and win out, that number will go way up.

Since before their game against Wichita it's all been about 18. That's the line, 17 depends on the bubble, but 18 and they are in. Finishing top half of the conference puts them in an ideal position 17 or 18 wins going into conference tourny and an opening game they should be favored to win.
02-16-2018 03:35 PM
TU4ever Offline
All American

(02-16-2018 03:35 PM)Nevadanatural Wrote:  

We’re hoping for an NIT home game which we should have a shot at if we just win the games we should from here on out which would result in a fourth place finish. To get an NCAA bid we would have to (a) win the conference tourney for the autobid (22-11 with Cincy loss) or (b) win out until the tourney finals and hope for an at-large (22-11 with win in Cincy and loss in finals). I don’t feel good about either scenario.

No one talks about us because most on here want to do nothing but smack talk. Most of the Tulsa fan base only wants to talk basketball without bashing the other teams so we just read and don’t post or start threads about how great we are. When the preseason picks came out I said that 9th place was too low and I expected TU to finish in the top half of the conference, there were no discussions about how we had improved from last year just a bunch of dismissive (tulsane) crap so I just dropped out of those discussions.

I’ve never understood deriding the team you just beat (or who just beat you) and saying how horrible they are. If they’re horrible then what does that make us?

Yup NIT looking very good for Tulsa and 20 wins coming out of the tournament is very possible

9th was way too low. I thought Magnay leaving and the improved league put us around sixth. We have slightly exceeded my expectations although I expected NIT/bubble. No bubble, Lamar loss is killing our rpi.

I thought invisible hand was a little gold colored glasses with his 3rd prediction but it is very possible we finish only one game behind that. I expect next year for Tulsa to be on the level we expect for the program Tourny team (barring injuries).
02-16-2018 03:42 PM
C2__ Offline
Caltex2

I Root For: Houston, PVAMU

If Temple wins out and someone other than them, Wichita, Cincy or Houston (presuming they take care of business) wins the AAC, that's 5 bids.
02-16-2018 03:42 PM
TU4ever Offline
All American

(02-16-2018 03:42 PM)_C2_ Wrote:  

If Temple wins out and someone other than them, Wichita, Cincy or Houston (presuming they take care of business) wins the AAC, that's 5 bids.

Yup and a stumble here or there and Co|d will get the big pee prediction right. 5 bids for each league is possible.

This conference is going to be a monster when UConn is back to normal and Memphis is hitting on all cylinders. If we get USF and ECU inside the top 200 and more than half the conference could be in the tournament.
02-16-2018 03:49 PM
Advertisement

Hurricane Drummer Offline
All American

(02-16-2018 03:42 PM)TU4ever Wrote:  
(02-16-2018 03:35 PM)Nevadanatural Wrote:  

Yup NIT looking very good for Tulsa and 20 wins coming out of the tournament is very possible

9th was way too low. I thought Magnay leaving and the improved league put us around sixth. We have slightly exceeded my expectations although I expected NIT/bubble. No bubble, Lamar loss is killing our rpi.

I thought invisible hand was a little gold colored glasses with his 3rd prediction but it is very possible we finish only one game behind that. I expect next year for Tulsa to be on the level we expect for the program Tourny team (barring injuries).

Going into the season I was figuring .500 team on the low side, and NIT team on the high side. Fortunately we're on the high side now.
02-16-2018 04:02 PM
C0|db|00ded Offline
Instrument of Pain

I Root For: Wichita State

If Temple wins out and someone other than them, Wichita, Cincy or Houston (presuming they take care of business) wins the AAC Tournament, that's 5 bids.

That could be UConn's role.

T

...03-cool
02-16-2018 04:09 PM
invisiblehand Offline
Heisman

(02-16-2018 04:09 PM)C0|db|00ded Wrote:  

If Temple wins out and someone other than them, Wichita, Cincy or Houston (presuming they take care of business) wins the AAC Tournament, that's 5 bids.

T

...03-cool

UCONN has no business doing that. It would absolutely tank our seeding in the NCAA's. I would hope for someone like SMU to get Shake back and go on a run; or for Tulsa to get some upsets (although that would also tank Cincy and WSU's seeding but it would be fun for us)

My prediction about 3rd place was a sliver off. But I did predict we would finish in front of a team like SMU or UCF. Also I predicted WSU would have 5 conference losses which looks like it very well may come to pass.
02-16-2018 04:20 PM
C0|db|00ded Offline
Instrument of Pain

I Root For: Wichita State
(02-16-2018 04:20 PM)invisiblehand Wrote:  

T

...03-cool

UCONN has no business doing that. It would absolutely tank our seeding in the NCAA's. I would hope for someone like SMU to get Shake back and go on a run; or for Tulsa to get some upsets (although that would also tank Cincy and WSU's seeding but it would be fun for us)

My prediction about 3rd place was a sliver off. But I did predict we would finish in front of a team like SMU or UCF. Also I predicted WSU would have 5 conference losses which looks like it very well may come to pass.

I didn't even think of the seeding damage. For some reason I was imagining the conference tournament in a vacuum. Friday brain fail.

UConn and Memphis may now go off to die in the wilderness until next year when UConn will have a brand new coach and Memphis will have brand new recruits + a fired up Tubby.

T

...03-cool
02-16-2018 04:25 PM
Doglando Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UCF

T

...03-cool

Are you actually attempting to take credit for predicting finishing ahead of teams decimated by injuries. woof
02-16-2018 04:28 PM
Advertisement

Huskypride Offline
New Kid on the Block

I Root For: Competitive FB

T

...03-cool

never count UConn out in tourney's no matter how bad they are
02-16-2018 04:30 PM
TU4ever Offline
All American

Shake coming back and SMU going on a run or UCF getting hot would be ideal for the fifth. They wouldn't kill seeding as the committee take into consideration injuries. As much as they both have suffered a hot run would be rewarded.

Anyone else will effect seeding. Temple upsetting two of the top 3 and losing to a fifth bid would also be a solid out come. Would cinch Temple's resume, they are high enough in the metrics not to hurt as a loss for Cincy, Houston, or WSU.

Perfect alignment would be SMU over Temple for championship, gives the AAC most teams with highest seeds. Not holding my breath for it though.
02-16-2018 04:49 PM
Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

I Root For: Tigers - GTG!

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
Temple is on the cusp of a bid, but they may need defeats by other contenders to clear the hurtle.
02-16-2018 05:18 PM
8BitPirate Offline
A Man of Wealth and Taste

I Root For: ECU
ECU is gonna win the tourney and make the AAC a one bid league. Suck it.
02-16-2018 05:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.