Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UNCW at JMU 02/13 at 7pm
Bookmark and Share
DukesDominion Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: JMU
UNCW at JMU 02/13 at 7pm
UNCW-JMU men's bball game rescheduled for Tuesday, February 13th at 7 p.m. Free admission:

http://www.jmusports.com/news/2018/2/10/...esday.aspx

Game at Elon rescheduled for Monday, February 26th.
02-10-2018 06:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
RE: UNCW at JMU 02/13 at 7pm
That is kind of weird to have free admission for all. Anyone know why that is? It seems the athletic department is throwing away revenue for what is one of a finite 14 home games.
As an estimate, JMU probably has 1,000 paying fans on a weeknight (not including season ticket holders who have prepaid). Maybe $12,000 in lost ticket revenue?
02-11-2018 01:51 PM
HyperDuke Offline
Hall of Famer

So it's more cost-effective to swap out all the old tickets for new? I imagine this is happening to avoid giving more refunds. And it's not like we're gonna run out of seats...
02-11-2018 02:28 PM
NJDuke97 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jmu
FWIW Cacok killed us in Wilmington- I was watching the end of the Hofstra UNCW game on Saturday. UNCW looked good and won easily but Cacok was hobbled toward the end of the game and had to go on the stationary bike when he was out of the game to stay loose. Not sure if it was cramps or something more nagging but the Dukes coming off a layoff could use a less than 100% Cacok because he is a real handful to defend.
02-12-2018 07:07 AM
LovethoseDukes Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU of course!
Some guesses off the top of my head.....

--no need to reprint tickets. Advertising has been very clear that folks who bought reserved seats/season ticket holders can sit in their assigned seats but need to bring their old tickets to prove it. Same with parking....no parking pass? Still park in the outlying lots and shuttle/walk to the Convo. No disadvantage to season ticket holders.

--might get some folks to come out who would not otherwise normally come to the game. A good game might provide some incentive for these folks to BUY a ticket for a future game.

--a show of thanks from the team for supporting them during this illness issue. I am sure the last thing these guys wanted was to have to rearrange the schedule so close to the end of the season.

I think it is a great idea all around.
02-12-2018 08:13 AM
Deez Nuts Offline
Moderator. Go Dukes!

I Root For: the Dukes
(02-11-2018 01:51 PM)Hart Foundation Wrote:  That is kind of weird to have free admission for all. Anyone know why that is? It seems the athletic department is throwing away revenue for what is one of a finite 14 home games.
As an estimate, JMU probably has 1,000 paying fans on a weeknight (not including season ticket holders who have prepaid). Maybe $12,000 in lost ticket revenue?

more like $120 in lost revenue. Season tickets are already paid for. Think there are more than a dozen walk-ups on a Tuesday night (given the team's record this season?) As already stated, it's a win-win for fans.
02-12-2018 08:34 AM
Advertisement

jmudukes Offline
2nd String

I Root For: jmu
(02-12-2018 08:34 AM)Deez Nuts Wrote:  
(02-11-2018 01:51 PM)Hart Foundation Wrote:  That is kind of weird to have free admission for all. Anyone know why that is? It seems the athletic department is throwing away revenue for what is one of a finite 14 home games.

more like $120 in lost revenue. Season tickets are already paid for. Think there are more than a dozen walk-ups on a Tuesday night (given the team's record this season?) As already stated, it's a win-win for fans.

Maybe it is to pack the convo! We need it to be packed to cheer on the Dukes for an important win! No excuses, especially if you live in Harrisonburg!
02-12-2018 09:06 AM
Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

Using Sagarin's as a basis, Dukes should open around 3 pt favorites.
02-12-2018 09:16 AM
Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

Is walk up business really that bad on a weeknight? If so, it is worse than I thought.
I can’t make those games working 4 hours away.

Perhaps make all games free? Brilliant. We don’t need no stinking revenue.

What about concessions? Does all that money go to Aramark or does JMU get a slice? If so, then you might have a little trade off to sell any remaining food/beverages before they expire after the last home game on Feb 22nd.

I need some free weeknight Division 1 basketball tickets in Hampton Roads. Somebody hook me up!
02-12-2018 01:27 PM
HyperDuke Offline
Hall of Famer

Hart, you do realize this is a makeup game, right? I can never tell if you're being intentionally "slow" for laughs or if you don't understand.
02-12-2018 01:30 PM
Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

I think I understand even though I am slow.
02-12-2018 01:45 PM
Advertisement

Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

This week's co-CAA players of the week will be visiting the Convo this week... http://www.caasports.com/news/2018/2/12/...eb-12.aspx

Cacok & UNCW on Tuesday, then Riller & CoC on Thursday
02-12-2018 01:46 PM
HyperDuke Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-12-2018 01:45 PM)Hart Foundation Wrote:  I think I understand even though I am slow.

Gotcha, just seems like a really weird thing to fixate on. We have terrible attendance. A majority of the attendees at these games are season ticket holders. That money is not lost. I'm sure the revenue lost is a very small chunk. With attendance this terrible, it seems to be a reasonable solution.
02-12-2018 01:51 PM
JMUNation Offline
All American

I was at the Duke Dog reading day game against Towson. The crowd made a difference. I see this as the administration trying to support the team by getting a good crowd into the arena.
02-12-2018 10:07 PM
NJDuke97 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jmu
I read where Develle Phillips is questionable for tonight's game- supposedly he practiced yesterday. Dukes need him as much for offensive flow than for defensive presence.
02-13-2018 07:21 AM
Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

Dukes open as 3.5 pt favorites. I hope the streak of underdogs in JMU games covering the spread ends tonight (though, I'll take the Good Guys with 1, 2, or 3 more points on the scoreboard at the end).

Go Dukes!!
02-13-2018 07:22 AM
Advertisement

Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-13-2018 07:21 AM)NJDuke97 Wrote:  I read where Develle Phillips is questionable for tonight's game- supposedly he practiced yesterday. Dukes need him as much for offensive flow than for defensive presence.

Yep. We are very thin depth-wise as-is (especially in the deep post area). Wilson will need to step up along with Jacobs and Jones. Relying on freshmen is just where we are at this point. Banks has had some games where he has been very good on the boards. We'll need him again.

Then, you bring in the best post player in the league and perhaps the best player in the league...ugh. Not a good set up. We have got to put more bodies on Cacok than we did in Wilmington. Would love to say use our fouls on him because he's a terrible FT shooter, but with limited depth (if Phillips doesn't dress) that isn't as good an option.

McLean didn't play last game. I assume he'll be back for some minutes off the bench tonight.
02-13-2018 07:26 AM
olddawg Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-13-2018 07:26 AM)Wear Purple Wrote:  
(02-13-2018 07:21 AM)NJDuke97 Wrote:  I read where Develle Phillips is questionable for tonight's game- supposedly he practiced yesterday. Dukes need him as much for offensive flow than for defensive presence.

Yep. We are very thin depth-wise as-is (especially in the deep post area). Wilson will need to step up along with Jacobs and Jones. Relying on freshmen is just where we are at this point. Banks has had some games where he has been very good on the boards. We'll need him again.

Then, you bring in the best post player in the league and perhaps the best player in the league...ugh. Not a good set up. We have got to put more bodies on Cacok than we did in Wilmington. Would love to say use our fouls on him because he's a terrible FT shooter, but with limited depth (if Phillips doesn't dress) that isn't as good an option.

McLean didn't play last game. I assume he'll be back for some minutes off the bench tonight.

If Phillips can't go tonight, bring in that 6'11" walk on and use the Hack-a-Shaq method on Cacok. Seriously, what do we have to lose?
02-13-2018 11:49 AM
ShadyP Offline
Heisman

(02-13-2018 11:49 AM)olddawg Wrote:  
(02-13-2018 07:26 AM)Wear Purple Wrote:  

If Phillips can't go tonight, bring in that 6'11" walk on and use the Hack-a-Shaq method on Cacok. Seriously, what do we have to lose?

I would definitely consider using up those 5 fouls once they are in the bonus.
02-13-2018 01:58 PM
EvanJ Offline
1st String

I Root For: Hofstra and FSU
http://www.jmusports.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball has links to in game statistics for your upcoming home games except for this one. http://www.statbroadcast.com/events/stat...1&gid=jame doesn't have a link to statistics. I think somebody isn't prepared for tonight.
02-13-2018 05:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.