Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

WBB vs Northeastern 2/9/18
Bookmark and Share
ParentofJMUMRDs Offline
Heisman

I Root For: JMU
WBB vs Northeastern 2/9/18
Game Day!!!!!

The Lady Dukes have a home game this evening against the Huskies as they look to bounce back from their first conference loss against Elon last Sunday. I am sure Coach O and the staff will have the team focused and ready to go tonight.

Wife and I will be heading out in a few hours for the drive to the Burg. Hope to see a nice crowd tonight ROOTIN!!!! Will also be heading up to Towson for Sundays game against the Tigers. WBB weekend!!

Go Dukes!!

Brian
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2018 08:23 AM by ParentofJMUMRDs.)
02-09-2018 07:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

LovethoseDukes Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU of course!
RE: WBB vs Northeastern 2/9/18
Tonight is Faculty Staff night so there should be a pretty good crowd. I am hoping the ladies have refocused this week in practice and will have more of the W&M game intensity for both games this weekend than they had at Elon. The margin of error is smaller now that they have a conference loss. I am rooting for Elon to beat Drexel tonight - probably the only time of the year I will cheer for Elon. I'll miss the game for a weekend in Virginia Beach but maybe I can get to the hotel early enough tonight to hear part of the game on Madizone. Go Dukes!!
02-09-2018 08:33 AM
orange-to-purple Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tennessee, JMU,
The thing about Elon is that they play basically the same game we do, thus they have our number. Other teams in the conference more or less do not. And I would say that Charlotte Smith is the best coach in the conference hands down (although we get better recruits) for doing what she does with what she has. It comes from where she played when she did. I keep waiting (praying) for a P5 school to snatch her up with a bigger offer. It's bound to happen one of these days.

Northeastern just has a recruiting problem, IMNSHO. Too many schools in their area.Their coach is ok doing with what she has though. And hey you going to VA Beach...put in a good word for ODU, will ya? Old friend Nikki McCray coaching over there needs all the help she can get to bring back that destroyed program!

Brian, we'll be in our usual area over in the A section, come down and see us?
02-09-2018 02:11 PM
Advertisement

ParentofJMUMRDs Offline
Heisman

O to P

Forget exactly where you sit? As usual we will be hanging near the tubas.

Brian
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2018 04:07 PM by ParentofJMUMRDs.)
02-09-2018 04:07 PM
orange-to-purple Offline
1st String

We're down in the A section, near the left basket (across from the JMU bench) and usually about in the 4th row. Last time I went up where you sit, you remember what happened!
02-09-2018 04:16 PM
Advertisement

ParentofJMUMRDs Offline
Heisman

O to P

Section 107?

Catch my attention and wave and I will come down to say hellp.

Brian
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2018 04:41 PM by ParentofJMUMRDs.)
02-09-2018 04:34 PM
olddawg Offline
Hall of Famer

Just came home. We won 72-43. I'll know we've transitioned to big time athletics when there's at least a single post during the game (I'm including myself too).
02-09-2018 09:13 PM
Advertisement

orange-to-purple Offline
1st String

Who the hell can post during a game? There's no ^#@! wifi in the Convo!!!!

That was quite a game, especially in the first half. No made FG by Northeastern until 1:54 left in the first.They looked very confused if their set play didn't work after 10 seconds. I guess our defense really worked. Our passing was very crisp and for once everything pretty much went where it was supposed to. It was kind of fun to watch our girls mess with them. It got a little sloppy towards the end, but that unit isn't used to playing together much. I suspect Coach put them in and let them play to keep from running the score up too much. Nice to see Tori getting some minutes though. She's looking better, especially on defense. And did anybody see what led to that T on the Northeastern player? Couldn't see it from where we were sitting.

And what's the deal with Jackie Benitez? Injury or surgery or both?

Brian, I waved at you several times, but you weren't looking, apparently.
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2018 11:52 PM by orange-to-purple.)
02-09-2018 11:51 PM
ParentofJMUMRDs Offline
Heisman

O to P

Sorry I did not see you, my vision is getting bad as I age. Hopefully next time.

The Dukes came out on fire yesterday and just crushed the Huskies. The first quarter nothing seemed to work for Northeastern and their Head Coach was looking very frustrated as she tried to find something that would work. The Huskies managed to get things working better in the second half but by that time the lead was about 30 or so and the game was not in doubt. One thing I am a tad bit concerned about is that for the last several games some of the Dukes passes have been ill advised or just plain sloppy leading to bad turnovers. Need to clean that up a bit me thinks.

The Dukes played well and with great intensity last night which is what I expected coming off of their first conference loss versus Elon last weekend. Expecting the same intensity tomorrow at Towson.

As O to P noted Jackie Benitez was on crutches with a huge brace on her right knee. Looked really bad. I would guess something to do with an ACL or similar but I have no idea. Hopefully someone will chime in who has some updated info. Hope she gets back in time for the start of next season as I am really interested in seeing her play. While I have only been able to watch her during pregame warmups she has the looks of a player.

Also trying to figure out what is going on with Bre (who has missed I think the last 5 game) and whether Debra will play this season.

So a nice win for the Dukes and hopefully it gets them ready for their rematch against Towson tomorrow. Will be heading up their tomorrow with the wife and younger daughter. To those who have never taken in a game at SECU Arena consider making the trip. It is a nice facility, a bit small at 5000 seats, but well designed and nicely done.

Brian
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2018 11:54 AM by ParentofJMUMRDs.)
02-10-2018 11:31 AM
orange-to-purple Offline
1st String

Jackie was not bearing ANY weight on that right knee and had the brace with the adjustable knee joint, which really concerned me, knowing something about orthopedics as I do. It looked like a knee, and I wondered if she did something in practice as I believe she is allowed to practice with the team although not play. Also looked very recent. She is extremely enthusiastic which makes me think she will work hard in rehab. As to Ferguson, since she has not played at all, I'm guessing they will apply for a medical redshirt for her for the year. I don't know how many minutes Bre has played so she might be eligible for a redshirt also. I was counting up how many players we are likely to have on the bench next year and wondering just how many might be redshirted. Do the math...we have2 leaving, 2 current redshirts, and 3 coming in.......
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2018 12:39 PM by orange-to-purple.)
02-10-2018 12:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.