Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ESPN Women's Hoops Bracketology: #14 JMU at #3 Florida St. rematch:
Bookmark and Share
Jeremyboz Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: JMU,WVU
ESPN Women's Hoops Bracketology: #14 JMU at #3 Florida St. rematch:
Lady Dukes led them at the half. I would like to see this rematch.
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2018 03:37 PM by Jeremyboz.)
02-07-2018 03:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JMU_Degenerate Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU DUUUUKES
RE: ESPN Women's Hoops Bracketology: #14 JMU at #3 Florida St. rematch:
Would be fun to see, but JMU has to survive the trip to the DAC to beat/avoid the very strong Drexel WBB team on their home court in CAA tournament play.
I propose that JMU and Drexel would be a pick (vegas line) if they played today on a neutral court and Elon (despite their record) would be about a 3 point favorite over either JMU or Drexel on a neutral court today. It should be a fun tournament in Philadelphia this year with 3 very strong contenders for the crown and one of those 3 playing home games. Whoever gets the #1 seed will have a sizeable advantage because there is a pretty steep decline after the top three of JMU/Drexel/Elon. Whoever plays on the 2/3 seed line will likely have to play games against both of the other 2 teams at the top to win the crown. The #1 seed will only have to play one of these teams to take the crown.
It is something that needs to be monitored down the stretch because if Elon slips onto the 4 seed line then JMU's best path to the crown might lay on the 2/3 seed line with Drexel as the #1.
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2018 04:38 PM by JMU_Degenerate.)
02-07-2018 04:32 PM
orange-to-purple Online
1st String

I Root For: Tennessee, JMU,
http://www.breezejmu.org/sports/jmu-wome...1233b.html

This was a tad depressing. Survive and advance, I guess. But prepare for the WNIT just in case.
02-08-2018 09:51 AM
PurpleStreamers Offline
1st String

I Root For: Dukes
(02-08-2018 09:51 AM)orange-to-purple Wrote:  http://www.breezejmu.org/sports/jmu-wome...1233b.html

This was a tad depressing. Survive and advance, I guess. But prepare for the WNIT just in case.

The WNIT is no sure thing either. One is the max CAA this year for WNIT too so JMU better hold onto that #1 seed or they'll be headed to one of the Matt Brady Invitationals.
02-08-2018 03:40 PM
Advertisement

LovethoseDukes Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU of course!
(02-08-2018 03:40 PM)PurpleStreamers Wrote:  
(02-08-2018 09:51 AM)orange-to-purple Wrote:  http://www.breezejmu.org/sports/jmu-wome...1233b.html

The WNIT is no sure thing either. One is the max CAA this year for WNIT too so JMU better hold onto that #1 seed or they'll be headed to one of the Matt Brady Invitationals.

Where did you see that? There have been several years that multiple CAA teams have made the WNIT. I would agree that the CAA is probably not going to get an at-large NCAA bid but I would not say the same for the WNIT.
02-08-2018 05:08 PM
Longhorn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: JMU
(02-08-2018 05:08 PM)LovethoseDukes Wrote:  
(02-08-2018 03:40 PM)PurpleStreamers Wrote:  

Where did you see that? There have been several years that multiple CAA teams have made the WNIT. I would agree that the CAA is probably not going to get an at-large NCAA bid but I would not say the same for the WNIT.

Agreed. At least two CAA WBB are headed to the WNIT.
02-08-2018 05:38 PM
dukes13 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Dukes of JMU
agreed that JMU, Drexel, and Elon are locks for postseason play of some sort
02-09-2018 06:39 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.