Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Clinton again blames 'misogyny and sexism' for 'what happened' in 2016
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Clinton again blames 'misogyny and sexism' for 'what happened' in 2016
Quote:Hillary Clinton on Monday returned to blaming “misogyny” and “sexism” for contributing to her 2016 election loss, during a Washington appearance that followed a critical report on how she handled sexual harassment allegations during her 2008 campaign.

Clinton presented the “Human Rights Awards” Monday at Georgetown University, where she sits as honorary founding chair of the Georgetown Institute for Women, Peace and Security.

Clinton spoke about the importance of female leadership in advancing human rights, justice and peace, and went on to discuss the 2016 election during a panel segment.

“Any of you who’ve read my book about 'what happened' know that I think misogyny and sexism was part of that campaign—it was one of the contributing factors,” Clinton said. “Some of it was old-fashioned sexism and the refusal to accept the equality of women, and certainly the equality of women’s leadership.”

Clinton told the audience that the way forward for women’s equality was “through the ballot box.”

“Certainly, voting remains the principal way that every individual can express an opinion,” Clinton said. “And anyone who chooses not to vote, basically leaves that opinion to others and perhaps don’t hold your values.”

Clinton, though, has come under fire in recent days over a New York Times report that during her 2008 presidential run, she helped protect her faith adviser, Burns Strider, after claims he sexually harassed a female campaign staffer.

Clinton’s then-campaign manager Patti Solis Doyle recommended Strider be fired, but Clinton ignored the advice. Strider instead was ordered to receive counseling and lost several weeks of pay. The young woman was shifted to a new role.

Clinton’s initial response to the story -- in which she said she was heartened that the female aide was "heard" but did not apologize -- was widely criticized.

But on the night of President Trump’s first official State of the Union, just minutes before he began his address, Clinton posted a lengthy response to the alleged sexual misconduct on her Facebook page.

“The short answer is this: If I had to do it again, I wouldn’t,” she wrote, noting that she believes in “second chances” and didn’t want to completely terminate his employment.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/02/...-2016.html
02-05-2018 04:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
RE: Clinton again blames 'misogyny and sexism' for 'what happened' in 2016
HRC can't even win a rigged election. Lock her up.
02-05-2018 05:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rath v2.0 Online
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
I’m losing track... this is about the third or fourth full cycle around of declaring the real root cause.
02-05-2018 05:12 PM
Advertisement

umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
(02-05-2018 05:12 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  I’m losing track... this is about the third or fourth full cycle around of declaring the real root cause.

Because nobody believes it. So she's using the radleft tactic of "repeating a lie often enough" thinking people will eventually believe it.
02-10-2018 03:40 PM
SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mighty Mustard
If her idiot supporters believe that crying baby, somebody was mean to me, chit, then we will see how they react to a real strong female leader running on the republican side. IE N Haley. They will go full retard.
02-10-2018 04:02 PM
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(02-10-2018 04:02 PM)SoMs Eagle Wrote:  If her idiot supporters believe that crying baby, somebody was mean to me, chit, then we will see how they react to a real strong female leader running on the republican side. IE N Haley. They will go full retard.

I like her.....A LOT!!!

I could easily see Pence next, then her.....
02-10-2018 04:04 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
(02-10-2018 04:04 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(02-10-2018 04:02 PM)SoMs Eagle Wrote:  If her idiot supporters believe that crying baby, somebody was mean to me, chit, then we will see how they react to a real strong female leader running on the republican side. IE N Haley. They will go full retard.

I like her.....A LOT!!!

I could easily see Pence next, then her.....

Me three!
02-10-2018 04:14 PM
Advertisement

arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
Confronting reality is hard.
Of course there are some people who would never vote for any woman and of course there are people who would never vote for a black person or a Mormon or a Catholic or insert whatever other category you can come up with.

BUT

I know several Dems who worked against her because "she's unlikable and can't win". That's a ****** thing to have to come to grips with.

I'd never for Clinton. I've seen the operation for too long. They do something, they get investigated, the morons always go into Wiley Coyote mode thinking this is the time the ACME Investigation kit will work and when it all ends the finding is always the same. Did not actually break the law but engaged in behavior that broke the spirit of the law. That means a very calculated attempt to subvert the law without breaking it. Hard pass from me.
02-10-2018 04:40 PM
stinkfist Offline

(02-10-2018 04:40 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  Confronting reality is hard.
Of course there are some people who would never vote for any woman and of course there are people who would never vote for a black person or a Mormon or a Catholic or insert whatever other category you can come up with.

BUT

I know several Dems who worked against her because "she's unlikable and can't win". That's a ****** thing to have to come to grips with.

I'd never for Clinton. I've seen the operation for too long. They do something, they get investigated, the morons always go into Wiley Coyote mode thinking this is the time the ACME Investigation kit will work and when it all ends the finding is always the same. Did not actually break the law but engaged in behavior that broke the spirit of the law. That means a very calculated attempt to subvert the law without breaking it. Hard pass from me.

#truism

#henceDJT
02-10-2018 04:50 PM
Advertisement

Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
03-lmfao

02-10-2018 05:05 PM
stinkfist Offline

this never gets old either......plus I like the fk'n 'hangry' tone....

02-10-2018 05:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.