Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: Fox/NFL New Five year deal to broadcast TNF
RUScarlets Online
Heisman

I Root For: Rutgers
OT: Fox/NFL New Five year deal to broadcast TNF
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/31/fox-reac...tball.html

How does this affect their MLB coverage? I'm kind of baffled at this. Post season baseball goes to FS1?
01-31-2018 10:24 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

stever20 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Sports
RE: OT: Fox/NFL New Five year deal to broadcast TNF
I don't think it impacts baseball much at all. The LCS was on FS1 already, and the World Series Thursday's are days off..... So the Thursday would be between games 2 and 3.

Where it would get really sticky for Fox would be if there was a World Series rainout.
01-31-2018 10:30 AM
solohawks Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
Once the FOX merger with Disney goes through, the leftover company of FOX, FS1 and Fox News has already said they are going to go all in on live sports. There is already talk they will make a play for WWE in 2019 with Monday Night Raw filling the 8-10 slot for FOX on Mondays with Smackdown on FS1. This pickup fits the profile of New Fox
01-31-2018 10:33 AM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
The NFL will be receiving $50 Million per Thursday Night Game for the next 5 years...amazing
01-31-2018 12:20 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
The one thing I wonder about this deal is who gets the primo match ups amongst MNF, SNF, and TNF. That kind of cheese by FOX means they won't get the 3rd place game IMO.
02-01-2018 12:12 AM
Advertisement

BadgerMJ Offline
All American

I Root For: Wisconsin / ND
Tweet from @flugempire yesterday with an interesting thought.....

Heads up:

BTM is stating FOX agressive play into getting NFL Thursday Night package is part of FOX Sports two year plan to shine itself up to be ultimately bought by Amazon.

FOX
FS1
FS2
BTN

Biggest coming impact on future Conf Realignment/Expansion.

BTM (Big Ten Man) is his source for those wondering.
02-01-2018 07:37 AM
Wedge Offline

I Root For: California
(02-01-2018 12:12 AM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  The one thing I wonder about this deal is who gets the primo match ups amongst MNF, SNF, and TNF. That kind of cheese by FOX means they won't get the 3rd place game IMO.

Judging by recent history, the NFL will continue to give the worst games to ESPN. We can expect more thrilling Monday night matchups like Bengals-Browns and Cardinals-Buccaneers. 07-coffee3
02-01-2018 11:15 AM
vandiver49 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USNA/UTK
(02-01-2018 11:15 AM)Wedge Wrote:  
(02-01-2018 12:12 AM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  The one thing I wonder about this deal is who gets the primo match ups amongst MNF, SNF, and TNF. That kind of cheese by FOX means they won't get the 3rd place game IMO.

Judging by recent history, the NFL will continue to give the worst games to ESPN. We can expect more thrilling Monday night matchups like Bengals-Browns and Cardinals-Buccaneers. 07-coffee3

I don’t ESPN will bid on MNF next go round. The WWL has gone all in with CFB and will bid on a highlight package from the NFL.
02-02-2018 01:42 PM
chargeradio Offline
Vamos Morados

I Root For: ALA, KY, USA
The Four-Letter Network can’t charge as much in carriage fees without live professional football. Tuesday Night Football anyone?
02-02-2018 06:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.