Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Reports Claim Dutch Intelligence Watched Russian Spies Hack the DNC
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Quote:According to two new reports, agents from the Dutch General Intelligence and Security Service (AIVD) who had access to the computer network of a group of Russian spies witnessed them hacking DNC servers in real time back in 2015. This cyber attack ultimately served as part of the basis for widespread charges of Russian government interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election.

The reports, which were released on Thursday by Dutch news outlets Nieuwsuur and de Volkskrant, claim that Dutch intelligence not only collected concrete evidence of Russian hack attacks, but shared their findings with the FBI, NSA, and Special Counsel Robert Mueller. Unsurprisingly, this information has reportedly been used to shape U.S. intelligence investigations of alleged Russian interference up to the present day. Additionally, it appears to be the foundation of frequent public assertions by U.S. lawmakers and intelligence heads that they have “high confidence” that Russian President Vladimir Putin personally directed cyber attacks against American institutions in 2015 and 2016.

Both of the Dutch news reports rely exclusively on anonymous sources from Dutch and American intelligence agencies, diplomatic services, and other government divisions. These sources lay out a pretty remarkable narrative about how hackers from AIVD observed Russian agents from the Kremlin’s Foreign Intelligence Service (SVR) going after the DNC, the U.S. State Department, and the Obama White House to pilfer confidential memos and other materials not normally disclosed to the public.

How did Dutch officials know that it was SVR specifically? Apparently, Dutch intelligence was able to identify all Russian officials who were directly involved with the hacks because AIVD agents obtained access to a security camera that overlooked the entrance to the SVR hacking center. Using photographic evidence obtained from the camera’s direct feed, AIVD compiled a list of Russians who entered the hacking center and thusly determined SVR’s ultimate responsibility for the attacks.

If Nieuwsuur and de Volkskrant’s sources are correct about AIVD’s cyber defense operations, this would clearly constitute one of the most important stories about Russian interference yet.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/townhallco...c-n2440319
01-26-2018 07:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
RE: Reports Claim Dutch Intelligence Watched Russian Spies Hack the DNC
This gets at one of the things that have never made sense to me--the idea that Russia supposedly hacked the DNC because of collusion with Trump. They hacked the DNC because they hack whatever they can hack. That's why Hillary's sever was such a problem. We will never know if it got hacked or not, because if they did they sure as hell aren't telling us. But if I had to guess, I'd say it's about 98-99% certain that it was hacked.

I have wondered if the whole Trump collusion narrative wasn't constructed at least in part to give Hillary cover. Russians didn't start hacking until Trump colluded with them, so nobody got into Hillary's server. Patently absurd statement, but I wonder if that's what they were trying to sell.
01-26-2018 07:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
100%
01-26-2018 08:09 PM
rath v2.0 Online
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
Absolutely it was created to give her cover for breaking the freaking law and then having her pals rig the investigation...and I use the term investigation with tongue firmly planted in cheek.
01-26-2018 08:17 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
From my understanding of the DNC and Hillary's server setup, calling it hacking is like saying a person taking free samples while shopping is committing armed robbery.
01-26-2018 08:19 PM
Advertisement

WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
How would someone know what the hackers were looking at if they were not hacking the hackers?

It seems like the DNC or democrats in general were the ones being targeted and since 2015 was before Trump....

maybe they targeted the DNC or democrats because they were fairly sure they would win the White House again. If that was the case why would Russian hackers want Trump to win? Makes no sense because if you are hacking someone.

You are looking for something to use against them

I would hate to think what kind of **** the Russians had on Hillary and other Democrats. So logically I never understood why Russia would want Trump to win over someone you probably could blackmail
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2018 08:24 PM by WKUYG.)
01-26-2018 08:24 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(01-26-2018 08:24 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  How would someone know what the hackers were looking at if they were not hacking the hackers?

It seems like the DNC or democrats in general were the ones being targeted and since 2015 was before Trump....

maybe they targeted the DNC or democrats because they were fairly sure they would win the White House again. If that was the case why would Russian hackers want Trump to win? Makes no sense because if you are hacking someone.

You are looking for something to use against them

I would hate to think what kind of **** the Russians had on Hillary and other Democrats. So logically I never understood why Russia would want Trump to win over someone you probably could blackmail
Common sense is a wonderful gift
01-26-2018 08:33 PM
TechRocks Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tech
The Ruskis were trying to hack everybody, including the pubs, I'm sure.

As for Hillary, it's now known that she had direct email communication with Obama using her basement server WHILE SHE WAS IN RUSSIA because the hacked emails reveal discussions about the fact that Obama (who was using a false account.....one not in his name) would have known she was off the government grid because her email addy didn't end with the secure: .gov.

Of course, this was a problem for Obama, because before the DNC emails were released, he claimed that he learned about the basement server just like everyone else.....on the news. LOL

This is why FBI documentation that originally referred to Hillary conferring with the prez via her basement server was changed to.....conferring with a top government official....changed to....conferring with government officials......something along those lines.....to protect both her and Obama.
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2018 08:41 PM by TechRocks.)
01-26-2018 08:39 PM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
(01-26-2018 07:46 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  This gets at one of the things that have never made sense to me--the idea that Russia supposedly hacked the DNC because of collusion with Trump. They hacked the DNC because they hack whatever they can hack. That's why Hillary's sever was such a problem. We will never know if it got hacked or not, because if they did they sure as hell aren't telling us. But if I had to guess, I'd say it's about 98-99% certain that it was hacked.

I have wondered if the whole Trump collusion narrative wasn't constructed at least in part to give Hillary cover. Russians didn't start hacking until Trump colluded with them, so nobody got into Hillary's server. Patently absurd statement, but I wonder if that's what they were trying to sell.
If Russia hacked the DNC, they would have held onto it and wanted her to win so they could blackmail her.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
01-26-2018 08:50 PM
Advertisement

TechRocks Offline
Heisman

(01-26-2018 08:50 PM)EverRespect Wrote:  
(01-26-2018 07:46 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  This gets at one of the things that have never made sense to me--the idea that Russia supposedly hacked the DNC because of collusion with Trump. They hacked the DNC because they hack whatever they can hack. That's why Hillary's sever was such a problem. We will never know if it got hacked or not, because if they did they sure as hell aren't telling us. But if I had to guess, I'd say it's about 98-99% certain that it was hacked.

If Russia hacked the DNC, they would have held onto it and wanted her to win so they could blackmail her.

Perhaps. And I'm sure the Ruskis would have had a preferred candidate, though we don't know for sure who it might have been. I'd imagine in their eyes Clinton was certainly the known devil, Trump would be a real crap shoot.

The talk always centers on the Russians wanting to influence the outcome of the US election. Okay, fine. Consider this. Wouldn't simply causing major chaos in the closing weeks of a US presidential election by releasing embarrassing emails from whichever side, be considered a success by the Russians? Afterall, had they not influenced the election?

I would think so.

My point being that it might not have mattered to them whose emails were being released, as long as it resulted in chaos.
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2018 09:58 PM by TechRocks.)
01-26-2018 09:55 PM
Claw Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
(01-26-2018 09:55 PM)TechRocks Wrote:  
(01-26-2018 08:50 PM)EverRespect Wrote:  

Perhaps. And I'm sure the Ruskis would have had a preferred candidate, though we don't know for sure who it might have been. I'd imagine in their eyes Clinton was certainly the known devil, Trump would be a real crap shoot.

The talk always centers on the Russians wanting to influence the outcome of the US election. Okay, fine. Consider this. Wouldn't simply causing major chaos in the closing weeks of a US presidential election by releasing embarrassing emails from whichever side, be considered a success by the Russians? Afterall, had they not influenced the election?

I would think so.

My point being that it might not have mattered to them whose emails were being released, as long as it resulted in chaos.

Exactly. The hacking wasn't important. What they found was important.

What the release of the information did to the U.S. didn't matter. They just wanted to create chaos in the election. They have succeeded beyond their wildest dreams.
01-26-2018 10:37 PM
Attackcoog Online

I Root For: Houston

Exactly. They want chaos. The Trump Dossier is full of damaging anti-Trump non-sense obtained from RUSSIAN intelligence "sources". The Russians didnt give a flying fig who won---they just wanted to make sure whoever did win was severely damaged.
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2018 10:40 PM by Attackcoog.)
01-26-2018 10:40 PM
TechRocks Offline
Heisman

(01-26-2018 10:40 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  

Exactly. They want chaos. The Trump Dossier is full of damaging anti-Trump non-sense obtained from RUSSIAN intelligence "sources". The Russians didnt give a flying fig who won---they just wanted to make sure whoever did win was severely damaged.

And their willing allies on the left have done everything within their means to make life miserable for the president, which indirectly helps the Ruskis. Sounds like collusion. LOL
01-26-2018 10:58 PM
Advertisement

stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
I have nothing to add that hasn't already been said other than y'all are some pretty smart fellers....

so for levity, I simply offer the following....this shite's getting ready to get fonzies....

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2018 11:28 PM by stinkfist.)
01-26-2018 11:25 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(01-26-2018 07:34 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  
Quote:According to two new reports, agents from the Dutch General Intelligence and Security Service (AIVD) who had access to the computer network of a group of Russian spies witnessed them hacking DNC servers in real time back in 2015. This cyber attack ultimately served as part of the basis for widespread charges of Russian government interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election.

The reports, which were released on Thursday by Dutch news outlets Nieuwsuur and de Volkskrant, claim that Dutch intelligence not only collected concrete evidence of Russian hack attacks, but shared their findings with the FBI, NSA, and Special Counsel Robert Mueller. Unsurprisingly, this information has reportedly been used to shape U.S. intelligence investigations of alleged Russian interference up to the present day. Additionally, it appears to be the foundation of frequent public assertions by U.S. lawmakers and intelligence heads that they have “high confidence” that Russian President Vladimir Putin personally directed cyber attacks against American institutions in 2015 and 2016.

Both of the Dutch news reports rely exclusively on anonymous sources from Dutch and American intelligence agencies, diplomatic services, and other government divisions. These sources lay out a pretty remarkable narrative about how hackers from AIVD observed Russian agents from the Kremlin’s Foreign Intelligence Service (SVR) going after the DNC, the U.S. State Department, and the Obama White House to pilfer confidential memos and other materials not normally disclosed to the public.

How did Dutch officials know that it was SVR specifically? Apparently, Dutch intelligence was able to identify all Russian officials who were directly involved with the hacks because AIVD agents obtained access to a security camera that overlooked the entrance to the SVR hacking center. Using photographic evidence obtained from the camera’s direct feed, AIVD compiled a list of Russians who entered the hacking center and thusly determined SVR’s ultimate responsibility for the attacks.

If Nieuwsuur and de Volkskrant’s sources are correct about AIVD’s cyber defense operations, this would clearly constitute one of the most important stories about Russian interference yet.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/townhallco...c-n2440319

Why would any Dutch sources, that are legit, release that info. You keep that quiet. Also noticed the article said nothing about Russia releasing hacked info to Wikileaks.
01-27-2018 08:24 AM
JMUDunk Online
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom

Of course.

Near everything claimed to date is staring blankly back at them from the mirror.

I think it’s what a psychologist/psychiatrist would call “projection”. Actually I’m near 98.7% sure that’s what they call it.
01-27-2018 08:43 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA

Well when everything useful has been obtained, they might embarrass the Clintons with the data. But there is a lot of data to sort through.

The Dutch obviously have had their surveillance broken up or this wouldn't be released. Maybe by Russian hacks into the US government.
01-27-2018 09:47 AM
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

(01-26-2018 10:40 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  

Exactly. And the Democrats are Putin's puppets. He has succeeded in co-opting the Democratic Party into doing his work beyond his wildest dreams. All of these people claiming Trump is an illegitimate president are traitorous Russian puppets even if they are ignorant of what they have become.
01-27-2018 09:50 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

And hacking the US government is nothing new. I knew someone who worked for the military in computer security over a decade ago and he said we faced cyber-attacks constantly.
01-27-2018 09:51 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.