Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

WBB vs Hofstra, 7 p.m., Convo
Bookmark and Share
LovethoseDukes Online
1st String

I Root For: JMU of course!
WBB vs Hofstra, 7 p.m., Convo
Coach Krista makes her annual return visit to JMU tonight as Hofstra comes to play a 7:00 game. She always has her team laser focused for this game and I expect a physical game, but I think we have too much firepower for Hofstra. Probably a close first half and then we blow it open in the second.

Hope to see lots of folks in the stands tonight!
01-26-2018 08:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: JMU
RE: WBB vs Hofstra, 7 p.m., Convo
Hofstra (4-4 in the CAA) has won 4 of their last 6 games and they do have a win over Wake Forest earlier this season. Dukes defeated them at their place back on Dec. 29 (55-42) to open the CAA schedule. Good Gals were up by 5 at the half before building a nice lead with a good 3Q.

Go Dukes!! Take care of business and defend the home floor.
01-26-2018 08:32 AM
Deez Nuts Online
Moderator. Go Dukes!

I Root For: the Dukes
Mr and Mrs Deez Nuts are finally going to make it to a game. See you there.
01-26-2018 08:43 AM
ParentofJMUMRDs Offline
Heisman

Wife and I will be heading out in a few hours for the trip to the Valley for tonight's game. Should be a tough well fought game if the previous game (CAA opener) is any indication. Hoping for a nice crowd to cheer the Lady Dukes to Victory!!!!

Go Dukes!!

Brian
01-26-2018 10:28 AM
orange-to-purple Online
1st String

I Root For: Tennessee, JMU,
orange-to-purple and ex-Hoo will be in our usual place in the A section, row 4, near the left basket. Wouldn't miss it!
01-26-2018 01:36 PM
ParentofJMUMRDs Offline
Heisman

o to p

Stop by and say hello to the wife and I. Will be in our usual spot next to the tubas!!

Brian
01-26-2018 04:42 PM
Advertisement

LovethoseDukes Online
1st String

At the end of the first quarter JMU is up 22-16. Smalls and Koshuta have 6, a host of others have 3. Scary moments about halfway through the period when Leon from Hofstra got tied up with Logan. After several minutes on the floor the rescue squad took her out on a stretcher. Hopefully she will be okay.
01-26-2018 07:36 PM
LovethoseDukes Online
1st String

At the half JMU up 37-28. Very physical game but certainly entertaining.
01-26-2018 07:58 PM
LovethoseDukes Online
1st String

At the half JMU is up 37-28. As I expected it’s been a very physical game-would be interesting to know what both coaches talked about in the locker room. I think our stamina will start to show early in this half.
01-26-2018 08:11 PM
LovethoseDukes Online
1st String

At the end of the third quarter JMU pulling away 54-36. Good to see Leon come back to the bench-she has her knee wrapped and is on crutches but seems to be okay. One more quarter to go! Can we score 25 points in a quarter?
01-26-2018 08:45 PM
LovethoseDukes Online
1st String

Dukes win 73-56. Dukes in double figures were Smalls. Barrier, and Cooper-Williams. Not the prettiest game but will take the win.
01-26-2018 09:19 PM
Advertisement

Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

Drexel defeated Elon last night, 58-56. That drops Elon's record in the CAA to 4-4.

Looking like a 2-team race now with the Good Gals at 8-0, Drexel at 7-1, and then 5 teams bunched between 5-3 and 4-5.

edit note: Drexel moved up 10 spots in the RPI to now sitting at 39.
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2018 09:28 AM by Wear Purple.)
01-27-2018 09:26 AM
orange-to-purple Online
1st String

Anyone know what is wrong with Hofstra's Ashunae Durant? She was on crutches last night. They started out with 4 not dressed, and Durant is their best player. Also, do we know why Breyenne Bellerand wasn't dressed last night? She hasn't played in quite awhile....is she being redshirted? She didn't look very happy.
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2018 10:05 AM by orange-to-purple.)
01-27-2018 10:01 AM
olddawg Offline
Hall of Famer

Glad we won and shot a little better, but there's no getting around the fact that we are a putrid shooting team-especially from 3 point land.

Barrier has taken the 2nd most 3 pt. attempts and is shooting 26%. She shot 32% last year.

Barron is just behind Barrier, w/ the 3rd most 3 pt. attempts. She is shooting just 23% after a 3 yr career percentage of 31%.

Our leader in 3 pointers attempted is Smalls. She is shooting 31%.

Our team FG% is 38% and team FT% is 62%. Those figures have got to be low points in the Kenny/Sean era.

Need a shot doctor or some better shooters to compete with the better teams.
01-27-2018 11:11 AM
ParentofJMUMRDs Offline
Heisman

Saw that Breyenne was not dressed last night. Was curious about that. She played 4 minutes last Friday at CofC but has not played a lot this season. Not sure why, she may just not be ready for the college game in the staffs opinion. What I am really curious about is wheteher D. Ferguson is ever going to play this season. Was eligible at the end of the 1st semester but has been in sweats every game since then. Anyone know what the story is with her?

Noted that Durant was not playing last night, did not see her at all at the game but I probably just missed her. Was great to see Hofstra #13 come out after her injury. She spent most of the second half stretched out on the floor. She had a huge ice pack on her lower back when she came out on crutches. Hope she is OK. Thought it was kinda weird that it took so long for the stretcher team to be finally called when it was clear to just about everyone in the Convo that her back was injured. I was kinda surprised they were working on her for as long as they did before getting the cart out and that they tried to turn her and get her to sit up. Always thought that with a back injury you try to keep movement to a minimum but not being down on the court or a doctor I may be over reading the situation. Was scary to say the least, always hate to see anyone get hurt.

Brian
01-27-2018 11:50 AM
dukes13 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Dukes of JMU
saw on twitter Bellerand got hurt in practice Wed and would be out for the game. heard a few weeks ago Ferguson was injured also, which is delaying her debut. not sure when she’ll play, or even if she’ll play. how good is she supposed to be? an impact player? seems like our rotations have been working but you can never have enough talent, especially in the post
01-27-2018 12:18 PM
Advertisement

Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

Any update on the Hofstra player who was carted off last night? I only had the video on with no audio so not sure what Curt might have said about the injury. Watching the replay and her reaction, it appeared she might have rib (perhaps broken) or severe back injury. Thoughts out to that young lady. Gotta love the effort she gave diving to the floor and just an awkward collision with Logan (who also as usual showed toughness and effort diving to the floor). If anybody has an update or more info, please advise. Thanks.
01-27-2018 12:26 PM
orange-to-purple Online
1st String

Looked like a back/hip injury to me. I was appalled at the training/coaching staff trying to get her to sit up or even stand. (I'm a nurse and that is just NOT protocol!) She is probably hurting a lot worse today. I think the reason they took so long to call the medics was just dumb decision making by their training staff.

As for Ferguson, my understanding is that she is still not medically cleared from her knee surgery that she had last April. That stuff can be tricky and slow to heal. They may just give up and try for a medical redshirt for her if the can't get her to where she can play in another week or so.

On Logan's efforts...I love that girl! She just goes all out, all the time! She kind of reminds me of a couple of SEC players...Cait McMahan, who played briefly for Tennessee and was called the "Floorburn Queen" for her efforts at diving after the ball, and Blair Schaefer of Mississippi State, who I understand is known as the "Human Bruise" for similar efforts plus taking charges. I also love Logan's block and steal tries. She gets such a kick out of wreaking havoc on the other team!
01-27-2018 01:09 PM
Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

Logan had one of the best steals-then-old-fashioned-3-point-plays last night that I've seen in awhile.
01-27-2018 01:13 PM
olddawg Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-27-2018 12:18 PM)dukes13 Wrote:  saw on twitter Bellerand got hurt in practice Wed and would be out for the game. heard a few weeks ago Ferguson was injured also, which is delaying her debut. not sure when she’ll play, or even if she’ll play. how good is she supposed to be? an impact player? seems like our rotations have been working but you can never have enough talent, especially in the post

If Ferguson doesn't play at all this year, is there any way she could still have 2 full years left? Hers has been a weird timeline.
1st year- played sparingly at UVA.
2nd year- did not play, transferring prior to Spring semester. She left the team, announcing her intention to transfer after UVA's 1st game of that season.
3rd year- eligible for Spring semester, but has not played yet.

Seems like she should just sit out the rest of the season and get a redshirt for this year, allowing for two more full years.
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2018 01:15 PM by olddawg.)
01-27-2018 01:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.