MAC needs to start respecting BG-Toledo rivalry
01-26-2018 08:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

IamN2daRockets! Online
All American

I Root For: Toledo
RE: MAC needs to start respecting BG-Toledo rivalry
Wow... a spot-on article if ever there was one. Briggs is a superior columnist. He writes well with firm opinions in a very readable style. He should go very far in his profession. He has a tremendous handle on the local sports scene. I truly enjoy reading his articles.

Go Rockets!!!!!
01-26-2018 08:43 AM
rockytop Offline
1st String

Agree having two divisions is nonsensical. Adding MAC opponents, versus some of the teams currently scheduled, would likely increase attendance.
01-26-2018 08:58 AM
Advertisement

indianasniff Offline
All American

I wonder how well league games would play in December. It does make sense to back off the sisters of St Francis type opponents off every schedule.

You also have to remember how important those non league games are for team development. And the mid year transfers would miss part of the conference slate

I would shorten up the conference tourney a round for an extra league game
01-26-2018 12:38 PM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(01-26-2018 12:38 PM)indianasniff Wrote:  I wonder how well league games would play in December. It does make sense to back off the sisters of St Francis type opponents off every schedule.

You also have to remember how important those non league games are for team development. And the mid year transfers would miss part of the conference slate

I would shorten up the conference tourney a round for an extra league game

More games from a weak MAC-no.
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2018 01:21 PM by Boca Rocket.)
01-26-2018 01:20 PM
Advertisement

rocketpaul Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Punxsutawney has a Barber college? If they did Central Michigan for sure would have played them while I liked the article Central Michigan's schedule was weaker than Eastern's BGSUCKS was pretty weak as well 1 notch above Central's
01-26-2018 06:09 PM
pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Good article. to the point. facts. analysis. I've been promoting the UT-BG twice a year since the league stopped it. Even if it meant a non-conf game. Why have your top draw, a conference team that's 20 miles away and not have a yearly home game with them.

I'd like the MAC to be a lot more creative with scheduling and game day atmosphere. The problem is the league and ADs are generally older hand shakers, back patters, and booster buddies. Getting them to give some of the power over to creative people with more of a fan mentality will be tough. I mean we still have the old 1995 Chicago Bulls lights out intro protocol to a dead house. The arenas are plastered with advertising instead of interactive activities. There are few timeout/halfcourt contests that engage the student body. If there is a T-Shirt giveaway it is littered with the logos of 14 random sponsors which means no one will ever wear the shirt after the game. TV broadcasts are the exact same camera angles, format and commentary as they were in 1974. The in game music is usually a mix of played out old rap songs that people who like rap music barely tolerate and those who don't hate. Tuesday and Wednesday night football... Fortunately, we have pretty good teams and some die hard fans to keep things interesting, but, well off the soapbox for now...
01-27-2018 02:32 AM
Advertisement

Springboromark Offline
All American

How about football, UT-BGSU to be play on a Saturday afternoon or a night game, never during the week. The big shots at the MAC office don't get it.
01-28-2018 04:52 PM
SylvaniaRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOLEDO ROCKETS
(01-28-2018 04:52 PM)Springboromark Wrote:  How about football, UT-BGSU to be play on a Saturday afternoon or a night game, never during the week. The big shots at the MAC office don't get it.

+1
01-28-2018 04:59 PM
Advertisement

RangerRocket Offline
Rangers Lead The Way

I Root For: Toledo Rockets

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
(01-28-2018 04:52 PM)Springboromark Wrote:  How about football, UT-BGSU to be play on a Saturday afternoon or a night game, never during the week. The big shots at the MAC office don't get it.

+2
01-28-2018 05:11 PM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-28-2018 04:52 PM)Springboromark Wrote:  How about football, UT-BGSU to be play on a Saturday afternoon or a night game, never during the week. The big shots at the MAC officeESPN don't get it.

fyp
01-28-2018 05:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.