Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Comey ‘Friend’ Who Leaked FBI Memos Now Claims To Be His Attorney
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
[Image: 2laaqz6.jpg]

This is a sign that Comey knows he’s being investigated and he’s trying to cover his communications. Problem? Comey previously testified he was not his attorney but a friend. But there’s also a conflict of interest because Richman is a witness to Comey’s leaking as well as a possible co-defendant.

Quote:A friend of former FBI director James Comey who leaked sensitive FBI memos to The New York Times in the wake of Comey’s firing in 2017 now claims to be Comey’s personal attorney. Daniel Richman, a law professor at Columbia University, told The Federalist via phone on Tuesday afternoon that he was now personally representing Comey.

The revelation comes in the wake of news that Comey was interviewed by the special counsel’s office last year. According to The New York Times, the line of questioning from the office of special counsel Robert Mueller focused on memos that Comey wrote and later leaked after he was fired from his job by President Donald Trump. A review of FBI policies governing the handling of sensitive government documents suggests Comey violated FBI policy by leaking the memos, which were produced on government time, using government equipment, and directly related to his official government responsibilities, according to Comey’s own testimony before Congress.

Keep Reading Here....
01-24-2018 08:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BuffaloTN Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Comey ‘Friend’ Who Leaked FBI Memos Now Claims To Be His Attorney
F Comey. String his ass up.
01-24-2018 08:57 AM
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-24-2018 08:57 AM)BuffaloTN Wrote:  F Comey. String his ass up.

If the real truth ever comes out, Comey will be seen as a real criminal and anti-American activist. The fact he ran the FBI is chilling.
01-24-2018 09:02 AM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
Comey will flip if they go after him, mark my words. His entire being of self-worth is based on him being squeaky clean. He just got a job teaching ethics at William and Mary. He will fall back on "following orders" to protect that image and punt this thing back in time to at least the tarmac meeting. We need to know what deal was struck there.
01-24-2018 09:11 AM
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-24-2018 09:11 AM)EverRespect Wrote:  Comey will flip if they go after him, mark my words. His entire being of self-worth is based on him being squeaky clean. He just got a job teaching ethics at William and Mary. He will fall back on "following orders" to protect that image and punt this thing back in time to at least the tarmac meeting. We need to know what deal was struck there.

I agree he has a weak spine and will crumble. Still, he needs to be behind bars if he did what many believe he did as head of the FBI.
01-24-2018 09:14 AM
Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(01-24-2018 09:14 AM)usmbacker Wrote:  
(01-24-2018 09:11 AM)EverRespect Wrote:  Comey will flip if they go after him, mark my words. His entire being of self-worth is based on him being squeaky clean. He just got a job teaching ethics at William and Mary. He will fall back on "following orders" to protect that image and punt this thing back in time to at least the tarmac meeting. We need to know what deal was struck there.
I agree he has a weak spine and will crumble. Still, he needs to be behind bars if he did what many believe he did as head of the FBI.

I'd let him walk to get the rest, if the allegations are true.
01-24-2018 09:16 AM
Advertisement

UofMstateU Offline
Legend

The leaking of the memos would not be considered as attorney client privilege. Attorney client privilege only pertains to that information which the two wanted to remain private. Leaking information to make it public is not protected. While they may fight what parts will and wont be privileged, his friend attorney will be forced to testify about the leaked classified memos.

Also, I doubt you can make someone your attorney and have that back cover things that happened prior to when you became their attorney in order to prevent each other from testifying against one another. The courts shouldnt allow this, as you must have competent legal counsel, which means that you cant make the guy who robbed the bank with you your attorney, because he can not adequately represent you when he has to also consider himself.
01-24-2018 09:35 AM
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
Lordy!
01-24-2018 09:38 AM
solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
Someone suggested they should get married like Huma and Weiner did
01-24-2018 09:39 AM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

And I doubt they are performing this maneuver because of Muehller. This is either due to Horowitz, or someone has convened a grand jury.
01-24-2018 09:42 AM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
He can represent him in the early stages of an investigation or discovery with the written consent of his client (although it’s a terrible idea from an ethics perspective) but this will not protect any communications they had prior to the formal engagement and it won’t preclude him from being called as a witness. If he was engaged prior to Comey testifying he perjured himself. That is an easy one to figure out.
01-24-2018 10:17 AM
Advertisement

cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
It's a sad day when the Republicans become anti-law enforcement. You're choosing a lying president over the brave men and women of law. Sad.
01-24-2018 10:26 AM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
(01-24-2018 10:26 AM)cb4029 Wrote:  It's a sad day when the Republicans become anti-law enforcement. You're choosing a lying president over the brave men and women of law. Sad.

I feel like you are having a case of the Mondays, but today.
01-24-2018 10:27 AM
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-24-2018 09:39 AM)solohawks Wrote:  Someone suggested they should get married like Huma and Weiner did

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao +3
01-24-2018 10:30 AM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

(01-24-2018 10:27 AM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  
(01-24-2018 10:26 AM)cb4029 Wrote:  It's a sad day when the Republicans become anti-law enforcement. You're choosing a lying president over the brave men and women of law. Sad.

Just wait until Horowitz's findings start being released over the upcoming weeks. There's some heavy TDS flow months coming up.
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2018 10:36 AM by UofMstateU.)
01-24-2018 10:30 AM
tanqtonic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: rice
(01-24-2018 09:35 AM)UofMstateU Wrote:  The leaking of the memos would not be considered as attorney client privilege. Attorney client privilege only pertains to that information which the two wanted to remain private. Leaking information to make it public is not protected. While they may fight what parts will and wont be privileged, his friend attorney will be forced to testify about the leaked classified memos.

Also, I doubt you can make someone your attorney and have that back cover things that happened prior to when you became their attorney in order to prevent each other from testifying against one another. The courts shouldnt allow this, as you must have competent legal counsel, which means that you cant make the guy who robbed the bank with you your attorney, because he can not adequately represent you when he has to also consider himself.

Attorney client privilege will not seemingly apply here as the friend is actually a witness/participant.

But, that also did not prevent Cheryl Mills, also a participant/witness, from applying privilege during Hillary's email fiasco. But, now that we know the DOJ and FBI were in the bag for Hillary for this, we can see why that privilege was never challenged.
01-24-2018 10:56 AM
Advertisement

tanqtonic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: rice

When law enforcement apparently breaks the law on a continuing basis, as it may actually be here, you are correct that some become anti-law enforcement (for some odd weird reason that seemingly eludes you....)
01-24-2018 10:57 AM
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
(01-24-2018 10:27 AM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  

[Image: Michael-Bolton.gif]
01-24-2018 10:59 AM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
(01-24-2018 08:57 AM)BuffaloTN Wrote:  F Comey. String his ass up.

He’s the very definition of a chickenschit.

He needed firing.

Now he may need a lil quiet time in Club Fed. Whatta Dikk...
01-24-2018 11:00 AM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
(01-24-2018 10:30 AM)usmbacker Wrote:  
(01-24-2018 09:39 AM)solohawks Wrote:  Someone suggested they should get married like Huma and Weiner did

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao +3

She only took in the Weiner after Hillary wouldn't leave Her Weiner.03-lmfao
01-24-2018 11:02 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.