Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Despite being sold out for illegal aliens by the leftists...
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
......our military was still doing work over the weekend.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/01/23/...-says.html

Quote:The Pentagon says it killed 150 ISIS fighters in an airstrike in eastern Syria, while the U.S. federal government was shut down Saturday.

The airstrike took in one of the last remaining pockets of ISIS control along the Euphrates River near the border between Syria and Iraq, according to a statement from U.S. Central Command, responsible for American forces in the Middle East.

While ISIS has lost 98 percent of its territory, the remaining 2 percent held by the terror group includes an area around the Syrian city of Al-Shaafah, where the strike took place. Top U.S. military officials believe the head of ISIS, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, is hiding in the area.

U.S.-backed fighters in the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) “assisted in target observation prior to the strikes,” according to a statement announcing the airstrike.

The target for the American aircraft was an ISIS headquarters with a “heavy concentration” of ISIS fighters, who were preparing to leave the area, according to the statement.
01-23-2018 04:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
RE: Despite being sold out for illegal aliens by the leftists...
They also were still getting paid. I watched Paul Ryan on the Sunday new programs. He looked right into the camera and said to the American people that it's a myth that soldiers don't get paid when there is a government shut down.

Only non essential government employees get deferred.

So you gotta ask yourself, if they are nonessential, why do we have them in the first place.
01-23-2018 04:51 PM
MemTigers1998 Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
(01-23-2018 04:51 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  They also were still getting paid. I watched Paul Ryan on the Sunday new programs. He looked right into the camera and said to the American people that it's a myth that soldiers don't get paid when there is a government shut down.

So you gotta ask yourself, if they are nonessential, why do we have them in the first place.

glad to see that you're for smaller government
01-23-2018 04:53 PM
Advertisement

Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
(01-23-2018 04:51 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  They also were still getting paid. I watched Paul Ryan on the Sunday new programs. He looked right into the camera and said to the American people that it's a myth that soldiers don't get paid when there is a government shut down.

Going to have to reply to this despite having you on ignore for being untruthful. I'll certainly be glad when the new board software is in place and I don't even have to see your trolling bull**** in quoted posts.

Do you have a link? One reason I ask is Ryan was wrong. Unless there was specific legislation passed to authorize the pay of the US military like there was during the last shutdown then he was wrong.

The other reason I ask is you have a long history of playing loose with facts so everything you say must be assumed to be false unless corroborated.
01-23-2018 05:00 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
(01-23-2018 04:53 PM)MemTigers1998 Wrote:  

I've always been for smaller government provided we trim the fat in areas that clearly need to be trimmed.
01-23-2018 05:01 PM
Advertisement

MemTigers1998 Online
Hall of Famer

(01-23-2018 05:01 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  
(01-23-2018 04:53 PM)MemTigers1998 Wrote:  

I've always been for smaller government provided we trim the fat in areas that clearly need to be trimmed.

Like paying for the public education & the healthcare of illegals?
01-23-2018 05:05 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama

We've been asking that since the last shutdown, maybe there's hope for you yet. Better late than never.
01-24-2018 09:20 AM
Advertisement

Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
You could say we are getting........................ good bang for our buck.

[Image: 380.gif]
01-24-2018 09:52 AM
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
How great is it to have a man in the White House who told our military leaders to rid this world of Isis by whatever means necessary and not some muslim loving leftist whose rules of engagement against Isis stopped our military from doing what they are capable of doing.
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2018 10:36 AM by usmbacker.)
01-24-2018 10:35 AM
Advertisement

UofMstateU Offline
Legend

Trump has made Isis look JV.
01-24-2018 10:37 AM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
(01-24-2018 10:37 AM)UofMstateU Wrote:  Trump has made Isis look JV.

Was it his “magic wand”, again?

Did the leader from behinder say it would be ten months to basically wipe out the isis pricks?

I coulda sworn zerO said ten YEARS.

Funny what a little resolve and unleashing our highly trained military can do... what a doofuss, that guy.
01-24-2018 10:56 AM
MemTigers1998 Online
Hall of Famer

(01-24-2018 10:35 AM)usmbacker Wrote:  How great is it to have a man in the White House who told our military leaders to rid this world of Isis by whatever means necessary and not some muslim loving leftist whose rules of engagement against Isis stopped our military from doing what they are capable of doing.

amen brother!
01-24-2018 11:01 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.