Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Scalise: DACA Amnesty DOA in the House
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
Scalise: DACA Amnesty DOA in the House
http://www.newsweek.com/steve-scalise-da...use-787914

Quote:The shutdown ended after McConnell agreed to bring a discussion on DACA to the Senate floor followed by a vote. But on Monday, Scalise—the House majority whip—said his chamber made no such arrangement.

"We're not going to pass a bill that has amnesty," he said. "There are things that would anger our base that I don’t see us passing in the House.”

Quote:“It’s good for everybody to put their ideas on paper, but ultimately there are things that can and cannot pass in the House," he told Politico. "And we have to work through those details, and we’re working through them.”

If Democrats' attempts to pass a significant immigration deal end up getting stymied in the House, then the shutdown will have been a complete failure.

Hope he's right. Criminal behavior should not be rewarded. If the left wants to make their stand putting illegal aliens ahead of American citizens then let them. It's their funeral.
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2018 12:57 PM by Kaplony.)
01-23-2018 12:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
RE: Scalia: DACA Amnesty DOA in the House
What I would support:

1) Dreamers get to stay with permanent resident alien status.
2) Same for the other 11 million (or however many) illegals. Institute a process (call it "red card" or whatever) for people who are permanent resident aliens. We can't deport them, it would cause Mexico to become a failed state, and we don't need Somalia on our southern border. At the same time, we should not reward bad behavior and disregard the rule of law by making them citizens.
3) Merit-based immigration going forward. No more lottery and no more family chain immigration. I understand that these were actually the reasons why Schumer shut the government down, not DACA.
4) Exception to merit based for any refugees facing legitimate threats of death or personal harm.
5) No immigration with complete and comprehensive background checks. That creates a problem from countries that do not have, or will not share, a criminal database to check for prior illegal activity. Develop an approach to handle immigration from those countries.
01-23-2018 01:01 PM
Kaplony Offline

RE: Scalise: DACA Amnesty DOA in the House
(01-23-2018 01:01 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  What I would support:

2) Same for the other 11 million (or however many) illegals. Institute a process (call it "red card" or whatever) for people who are permanent resident aliens. We can't deport them, it would cause Mexico to become a failed state, and we don't need Somalia on our southern border. At the same time, we should not reward bad behavior and disregard the rule of law by making them citizens.
3) Merit-based immigration going forward. No more lottery and no more family chain immigration. I understand that these were actually the reasons why Schumer shut the government down, not DACA.
4) Exception to merit based for any refugees facing legitimate threats of death or personal harm.
5) No immigration with complete and comprehensive background checks. That creates a problem from countries that do not have, or will not share, a criminal database to check for prior illegal activity. Develop an approach to handle immigration from those countries.

Mexico is a failed state. The cartels control large swaths of that country and the government is too weak and too corrupt to do anything about it. When a country loses control of territory and is unable to reclaim it they have failed.

And the instant you allow illegal aliens who are here to stay without threat of being deported is the instant that millions more bum rush the border and we become the failed state.
01-23-2018 01:15 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
You make a good point. I'd add the caveat that if not completed by a date chosen, that's it and you're gone home.
01-23-2018 01:19 PM
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
Boom.

Signaling to lindsay grahamnesty. Don't send us some bullsh*t and allow the dems out of the hole they've put themselves in.
01-23-2018 01:19 PM
UTSAMarineVet09 Offline
Corporal of the Board.

I Root For: UTSA
1. Dreamers, give them permanent residency, with no path of citizenship, unless they serve in the armed forces.
2. Dreamers who have committed crime, get rid of them, no visas, no green card, nothing.

I can compromise with this.
01-23-2018 01:20 PM
Advertisement

UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
(01-23-2018 01:19 PM)Kronke Wrote:  Boom.

Signaling to lindsay grahamnesty. Don't send us some bullsh*t and allow the dems out of the hole they've put themselves in.

Cucks Graham and Flake have been trying to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. I knew they were going to throw everything they could at it when Corker joined them.
01-23-2018 01:21 PM
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
(01-23-2018 01:20 PM)UTSAMarineVet09 Wrote:  1. Dreamers, give them permanent residency, with no path of citizenship, unless they serve in the armed forces.
2. Dreamers who have committed crime, get rid of them, no visas, no green card, nothing.

+ the wall, end to visa lottery, and end to chain migration.

Let's make a deal!
01-23-2018 01:21 PM
UTSAMarineVet09 Offline
Corporal of the Board.

(01-23-2018 01:21 PM)Kronke Wrote:  
(01-23-2018 01:20 PM)UTSAMarineVet09 Wrote:  1. Dreamers, give them permanent residency, with no path of citizenship, unless they serve in the armed forces.

Let's make a deal!

I knew I was forgetting something! I like it!
01-23-2018 01:32 PM
Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Just asking not being a proponent - Can DREAMERS become a citizen if say, they complete 6 years military service?? Is there anything they can do along those lines that would "put them in line to become a citizen"?
01-23-2018 01:40 PM
Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

I could go along with 1 and 2. By crime, I assume you are talking things worse than a speeding/parking ticket sort of "crime"?
01-23-2018 01:42 PM
Advertisement

UTSAMarineVet09 Offline
Corporal of the Board.

(01-23-2018 01:42 PM)Crebman Wrote:  

I could go along with 1 and 2. By crime, I assume you are talking things worse than a speeding/parking ticket sort of "crime"?

correct, no one is perfect. Once it gets to DWI/DUI status, or if they had shown a pattern of speeding/parking tickets, that would be a different ballgame.
01-23-2018 01:45 PM
Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(01-23-2018 01:45 PM)UTSAMarineVet09 Wrote:  

correct, no one is perfect. Once it gets to DWI/DUI status, or if they had shown a pattern of speeding/parking tickets, that would be a different ballgame.

....or if they actually commit real crimes. Was just clarifying what I thought your meaning was....04-cheers
01-23-2018 01:47 PM
UTSAMarineVet09 Offline
Corporal of the Board.

(01-23-2018 01:47 PM)Crebman Wrote:  
(01-23-2018 01:45 PM)UTSAMarineVet09 Wrote:  

....or if they actually commit real crimes. Was just clarifying what I thought your meaning was....04-cheers

well of course that too haha
01-23-2018 01:49 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards

I honestly think it's that simple....

but we're talking about politicians, eh?

no way you give them "unalienable rights".....

#PERIOD!!!

DJT isn't going to waiver on this one.....he actually toured the country and talked to people...

he's just gonna shove that size 12 up their arse one more time until they get it right.....
01-23-2018 01:51 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(01-23-2018 01:32 PM)UTSAMarineVet09 Wrote:  
(01-23-2018 01:21 PM)Kronke Wrote:  

Let's make a deal!

I knew I was forgetting something! I like it!

those were put on the table weeks ago.....

we all know the dems are begging for more votes.....

all this bs is nothing more than more political self preservation CYA.....
01-23-2018 01:56 PM
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl

One add: Path to citizenship for anyone, including dreamers or other illegals, who serve in the military and receive an honorable discharge.
01-23-2018 05:07 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
[Image: trump2_5.png]
01-23-2018 05:16 PM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
DACA Amnesty or whatever we are going to call it will happen, just a matter of will Trump and the GOP get everything else on their immigration wish list in exchange for it? My guess is probably pretty close to everything.
01-23-2018 08:38 PM
Kaplony Offline

(01-23-2018 08:38 PM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  DACA Amnesty or whatever we are going to call it will happen, just a matter of will Trump and the GOP get everything else on their immigration wish list in exchange for it? My guess is probably pretty close to everything.

And as I said in an earlier thread I'll actively work against any politician that votes for this.
01-23-2018 08:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.