Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Chicken and Dumplings
Bookmark and Share
eltigre Offline
Chief Headknocker

I Root For: Throat Punches
Chicken and Dumplings
Best dang recipe for C & D I have ever made. This old country codger can cook.

Hoyt Tidwell - Chicken and Dumplings recipe
01-20-2018 12:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Latilleon Offline
Git Buck.

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Chicken and Dumplings
Sad story:

I used to love chicken and dumplings. One of my favorite dishes as a child. Until the day my abusive stepfather was in an argument with my mom when I was seven or eight. He had made chicken and dumplings for dinner and in his anger during the argument, he said he was going to urinated in the chicken and dumplings (and not in those words). Needless to say I haven’t been able to eat chicken and dumplings since. 03-puke
01-21-2018 10:59 AM
Unionman76 Offline
Heisman

sweetpeas in olive branch

on thursdays, for lunch
01-21-2018 12:24 PM
eltigre Offline
Chief Headknocker

The original Buntyn had some tasty C&D. This Hoyt fella, I think I could hang out with him. I am thinking he knows how to cook a dish or two.
01-22-2018 01:18 AM
Advertisement

21-17 Best Time I Ever Ha Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MEMPHIS BY DAMN
I like Mr. Tidwell. I love accents, and his West Tennessee twang is wonderful!
01-22-2018 01:50 AM
SayWhat? Offline
All American

I Root For: CIVILITY & UofM
(01-21-2018 10:59 AM)Latilleon Wrote:  Sad story:

I used to love chicken and dumplings. One of my favorite dishes as a child. Until the day my abusive stepfather was in an argument with my mom when I was seven or eight. He had made chicken and dumplings for dinner and in his anger during the argument, he said he was going to urinated in the chicken and dumplings (and not in those words). Needless to say I haven’t been able to eat chicken and dumplings since. 03-puke

Question is, did you eat chicken and dumplings that day?
01-22-2018 11:39 AM
JerryJeff Offline
All American

I Root For:

Thanks for sharing.
01-22-2018 11:59 AM
Advertisement

Latilleon Offline
Git Buck.

(01-22-2018 11:39 AM)SayWhat? Wrote:  

Question is, did you eat chicken and dumplings that day?

No, it was before I had a chance to.
01-22-2018 12:35 PM
Latilleon Offline
Git Buck.

(01-22-2018 11:59 AM)JerryJeff Wrote:  

Thanks for sharing.

I thought you’d be more compassionate after reading my heartbreaking story.
01-22-2018 12:35 PM
geosnooker2000 Offline
I got Cleopatra in the basement

I Root For: Brandon
(01-22-2018 12:35 PM)Latilleon Wrote:  

Thanks for sharing.

Kinda tangentially related... One of the biggest heartbreaks of my marriage, when my wife and I had been married for about a year, we stopped through the drive-through at a Wendy's, as we often did. We both ordered the chicken sandwich combo... as we often did. She got violently ill later on that night, up-chucking the affore-mentioned chicken sandwich. That was about 25 years ago, and she STILL will not eat a chicken sandwich, and is not altogether thrilled about going to a Wendy's in general.
01-25-2018 05:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

eltigre Offline
Chief Headknocker

(01-22-2018 01:50 AM)21-17 Best Time I Ever Ha Wrote:  I like Mr. Tidwell. I love accents, and his West Tennessee twang is wonderful!

I think I could hang out with him.
01-27-2018 11:14 PM
BinghamptonNed Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-25-2018 05:59 PM)geosnooker2000 Wrote:  

Thanks for sharing.

Kinda tangentially related... One of the biggest heartbreaks of my marriage, when my wife and I had been married for about a year, we stopped through the drive-through at a Wendy's, as we often did. We both ordered the chicken sandwich combo... as we often did. She got violently ill later on that night, up-chucking the affore-mentioned chicken sandwich. That was about 25 years ago, and she STILL will not eat a chicken sandwich, and is not altogether thrilled about going to a Wendy's in general.

and you gave up chicken sandwiches and Wendy's too! 03-cloud9
01-30-2018 04:20 PM
geosnooker2000 Offline
I got Cleopatra in the basement

I Root For: Brandon
(01-30-2018 04:20 PM)BinghamptonNed Wrote:  

Thanks for sharing.

and you gave up chicken sandwiches and Wendy's too! 03-cloud9

Now, hold on there.... I'm in the truck alone WAAAAAAYYYY too often to not indulge now and then.
01-31-2018 12:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ncrdbl1 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Thanks for sharing.

I could live 24/7/365 on the #6 spicy chicken sandwich combo at Wendy's.

Grew up as a kid watching Petticoat Junction and Kate was supposed to be a great country cook. So i was watching rerun a few years back and they had an episode which she was trying to convince this ornery old millionaire from buying the cannonball for his private collection.

So here she has him locked in his room and she bring him up dinner, her famous C&D. They showed the guy eating a broiled chicken leg.

So i paid more attention to other episodes which featured her country C&D and each time they showed broiled chicken on plate and a pot of steamed dumplings like you would find at a Chinese restaurant.

Even way back then Hollywood was way out of touch with reality and people in the real world.
01-31-2018 01:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.