Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Graham, Rounds, and Paul oppose House Spending Bill
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
Graham, Rounds, and Paul oppose House Spending Bill
Senate may not be able to get a majority vote much less reach the filibuster threshold.
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/369660...-to-senate
01-18-2018 09:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

oliveandblue Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulane
RE: Graham, Rounds, and Paul oppose House Spending Bill
I think some people in power are getting fed up with "kick the can down the road" spending. Unfortunately, that's what this country has been reduced down to.
01-18-2018 10:46 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(01-18-2018 10:46 PM)oliveandblue Wrote:  I think some people in power are getting fed up with "kick the can down the road" spending. Unfortunately, that's what this country has been reduced down to.

I view it as another #henceDJT.....they're starting to butt heads correctly in transparency....

nuts zongo continues to laugh his arse off.....
01-19-2018 12:06 AM
Advertisement

arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

(01-18-2018 10:46 PM)oliveandblue Wrote:  I think some people in power are getting fed up with "kick the can down the road" spending. Unfortunately, that's what this country has been reduced down to.

While I realize the President's comments are always subject to interpretation or later different explanations but my take on some of his comments is he doesn't like the idea of only passing a spending bill to February 16.

Think he could score points by refusing to sign anything short of funding the government to the September 30 end of the fiscal year.

Stock market always gets nervous when these things happen.

As the saying goes, the markets hate uncertainty. If you can't reliably estimate how much income Boeing or Georgia Pacific are going to have selling to the government, it's hard to value their stock.
01-19-2018 09:15 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
Refuse to sign it unless there is a provision cutting off paychecks for Congress until they pass the full budget.
01-19-2018 11:35 AM
Advertisement

Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
(01-19-2018 11:35 AM)bullet Wrote:  Refuse to sign it unless there is a provision cutting off paychecks for Congress until they pass the full budget.

Sure, so long as there's a provision cutting off funding for Presidential travel at the same time.
01-19-2018 12:46 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

(01-19-2018 11:35 AM)bullet Wrote:  Refuse to sign it unless there is a provision cutting off paychecks for Congress until they pass the full budget.

Yeah that'll burden them, they will just tap into the corporate donations and lease their home to their campaign and have "campaign events" at home each day so they never worry about the utilities or eating or travel and becoming even more beholden to the donors.
01-19-2018 01:05 PM
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl

How about "full balanced budget"?
01-19-2018 03:20 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

(01-19-2018 03:20 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  

Ain't noboy wants that for real. It's a great talking point until you have to run for reelection.
01-19-2018 04:20 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(01-19-2018 04:20 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  
(01-19-2018 03:20 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  

Ain't noboy wants that for real. It's a great talking point until you have to run for reelection.

depends on who wears the 'depends'....
01-19-2018 04:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.