ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Offensive Efficiency
ODU True Blue Offline
All American

I Root For: Old Dominion
Offensive Efficiency
If this has been discussed in the Marshall thread please forgive the redo. I do not read threads on games I attended.

When MHJ came is we were up 9 (or 11), he played the rest of the half. We pushed the lead to 16. And could have been more but sadly of course they hit a shot or two.

During those minutes the team's offense played at a better pace than anytime in that game. We scored easier. We shot better. Randy Haynes made his only baskets of the whole game during that run. So when we couldn't buy a basket in the 2nd half why not put him back in? In this game at least, the team seemed to feed off his energy.

Also, not MHJ related. Lately, BJ cannot not make a shot when he dribbles the ball. At least in this game. But pass him the ball and he only has to catch and shoot - MONEY.
01-17-2018 02:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

odu09 Offline
Heisman

RE: Offensive Efficiency
There were times where the team looked a bit lost. We played some small ball minutes - only having one forward in the game at a time. It was during these times that we had some players go to the same spot together. I'm assuming these haven't been practiced much. MHJ looked lost along with Green in certain phases at a time. Am I allowed to call it a freshman mistake? I think it was a freshman mistake. Even with these mistakes MHJ looks pretty when he can get the space to shoot the ball. I think Marshall was the first team to read the scouting report of not allowing him any space.

BJ is a fine player too, I think we were all expecting this from him last year. Glad he is able to find his groove. The problem is he seems to start hot then disappears. We just need more consistency out of him
01-17-2018 02:51 PM
757ODU Offline
All American

I Root For: ODU
Kenpom has Hueitt and Randy as our two most efficient players on both sides of the ball. Granted, Hueitt's efficiency has been really high when he plays garbage time.
01-17-2018 03:22 PM
Advertisement

Monarchblue Online
Heisman

(01-17-2018 03:22 PM)757ODU Wrote:  Kenpom has Hueitt and Randy as our two most efficient players on both sides of the ball. Granted, Hueitt's efficiency has been really high when he plays garbage time.

Wait? What? Randy? How is that possible? Giles? Help! I need to understand how this dude whose game you so loathe is our most efficient player.
01-17-2018 03:24 PM
757ODU Offline
All American

(01-17-2018 03:24 PM)Monarchblue Wrote:  
(01-17-2018 03:22 PM)757ODU Wrote:  Kenpom has Hueitt and Randy as our two most efficient players on both sides of the ball. Granted, Hueitt's efficiency has been really high when he plays garbage time.

Wait? What? Randy? How is that possible? Giles? Help! I need to understand how this dude whose game you so loathe is our most efficient player.

When I said both sides of the ball I meant the full game. Porter is the most efficient offensively.
01-17-2018 03:28 PM
Advertisement

ODU True Blue Offline
All American

The thing that frustrates me is it seems no one driving kicks the ball out. We are good at driving and drawing the D into the lane, but crappy at kicking it out.
01-17-2018 03:35 PM
Gilesfan Offline
Hall of Famer

What have I said negatively about Haynes besides his lack of a 3 point shot?
01-17-2018 03:46 PM
Advertisement

Gilesfan Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-17-2018 03:28 PM)757ODU Wrote:  

When I said both sides of the ball I meant the full game. Porter is the most efficient offensively.

Sample size is the big issue, but our best offensive players (different than most efficient) have been Alfis and Vassor, lol.

Porter is 126 Hueitt 125, BJ 115. The only guys with 100 or less rating are Haynes, Green, Godwin, and Pinckney.

Defensivley, our best have been Brandan, Porter, Heiutt, and Caver. No one is above 100 defensive rating.
01-17-2018 03:50 PM
Old Dominion Offline
Heisman

(01-17-2018 03:35 PM)ODU True Blue Wrote:  The thing that frustrates me is it seems no one driving kicks the ball out. We are good at driving and drawing the D into the lane, but crappy at kicking it out.

Agree here. Marshall was really good at this. I guess we don't do it much cause we don't have $$ 3 point shooters.

I have to admit I like to watch marshall play. I like that kind of constant movement, weaving, driving and kicking out. Much more exciting to watch than our grind.
01-17-2018 03:52 PM
Advertisement

Gilesfan Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-17-2018 03:52 PM)Old Dominion Wrote:  
(01-17-2018 03:35 PM)ODU True Blue Wrote:  The thing that frustrates me is it seems no one driving kicks the ball out. We are good at driving and drawing the D into the lane, but crappy at kicking it out.

Agree here. Marshall was really good at this. I guess we don't do it much cause we don't have $$ 3 point shooters.

I have to admit I like to watch marshall play. I like that kind of constant movement, weaving, driving and kicking out. Much more exciting to watch than our grind.

Certainly enjoy watching them play offense. Defense....I don't think they understand that is something that is required.
01-17-2018 03:53 PM
The Flagship Offline
All American

Regarding Porter, I've noticed that when he gets the ball in the low post, with his back to the basket and defender, he makes a great move around the defender but finishes low.
I have noticed him get blocked several times making a move to his right and towards the basket. The defender blocks it without leaving his feet. It's strange. He goes from 6'10" to 6'4" on his move.

Has anyone else noticed this?
01-17-2018 06:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.