DB Update
01-16-2018 02:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

chrisc Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Rice
DB Update
Rep points for the best "sandwich board" joke.
01-16-2018 05:32 PM
Intellectual_Brutality Online
1st String

I Root For: Rice Owls!
RE: DB Update
(01-16-2018 05:32 PM)chrisc Wrote:  Rep points for the best "sandwich board" joke.

02-13-banana02-13-banana02-13-banana02-13-banana02-13-banana

"This is my dream job all along"
- The Toad
01-16-2018 05:43 PM
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

The Parliament AwardsNew Orleans BowlFootball GeniusCrappiesDonatorsDonators
I hope he has learned to get tough with servers who make mistakes.
01-16-2018 05:54 PM
RiceOL83 Offline
2nd String

Vegimite available on all toasted sandwiches upon request.
01-16-2018 06:21 PM
Fort Bend Owl Offline
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
Personally I'm happy for this development. I actually have known about this restaurant opening for some time but Missouri City is super slow in getting permits approved, so this restaurant's opening has been delayed a long time. The restaurant will do well - the one near the NRG stadium on OST is good and I've been there a few times to eat.
01-16-2018 06:40 PM
Advertisement

georgewebb Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice!
The Parliament AwardsDonators
(01-16-2018 06:21 PM)RiceOL83 Wrote:  Vegimite available on all toasted sandwiches upon request.

Put a bit of that on toast and Bob's your uncle!
01-16-2018 06:46 PM
Old Sammy Offline
1st String

I Root For: truffles

New Orleans BowlDonators
(01-16-2018 06:40 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  Personally I'm happy for this development. I actually have known about this restaurant opening for some time but Missouri City is super slow in getting permits approved, so this restaurant's opening has been delayed a long time. The restaurant will do well - the one near the NRG stadium on OST is good and I've been there a few times to eat.

Closed and shuttered the last time I went by. A shame - the dressed roast beef po boy was excellent, definite New Orleans quality (and mess).
01-18-2018 08:47 AM
Almadenmike Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls

DonatorsNew Orleans BowlDonators
(01-18-2018 08:47 AM)Old Sammy Wrote:  
(01-16-2018 06:40 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  Personally I'm happy for this development. I actually have known about this restaurant opening for some time but Missouri City is super slow in getting permits approved, so this restaurant's opening has been delayed a long time. The restaurant will do well - the one near the NRG stadium on OST is good and I've been there a few times to eat.

Closed and shuttered the last time I went by. A shame - the dressed roast beef po boy was excellent, definite New Orleans quality (and mess).

The owner said in a comment to a Dec. 2 Yelp review: "The store closed due to the hurricane." ... to which the reviewer added: "I hope really hope that's an honest response as the hurricane was 4 months ago and it was open after Harvey for at least 2 months afterwards, as I was there end of last month."
01-18-2018 02:17 PM
Fort Bend Owl Offline
Legend

The Parliament Awards
Wow that's crazy. It was always packed when I was there (for lunch no less). And I'm sure I was there after Harvey as well.
01-18-2018 03:20 PM
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

The Parliament AwardsNew Orleans BowlFootball GeniusCrappiesDonatorsDonators
Maybe an insurance problem?
(This post was last modified: 01-18-2018 04:25 PM by OptimisticOwl.)
01-18-2018 04:25 PM
Advertisement

Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
I can't help but say that I find this an ironic (though not at all unusual) development...

someone with 'zero' experience running a restaurant (which is obviously a difficult job, see the same restaurant's other location and thousands of others every year) taking on that task.

I'm quite certain that David will use his leadership, motivational and organizational skills and hire others who fill the holes in his resume, and within a relatively short time, he will be mostly indistinguishable from some who have been at it for years, growing up in the industry... learning from 'the best' in the industry.

I'm speaking a bit tongue in cheek and I'm sure some of you will get why.... but I'm serious about the fact that I think David has skills that would be valuable in many industries.

/irony
01-22-2018 01:14 PM
OldOwl Offline
1st String

Bailiff is through with coaching?
(01-22-2018 01:14 PM)Hambone10 Wrote:  I can't help but say that I find this an ironic (though not at all unusual) development...

someone with 'zero' experience running a restaurant (which is obviously a difficult job, see the same restaurant's other location and thousands of others every year) taking on that task.

I'm quite certain that David will use his leadership, motivational and organizational skills and hire others who fill the holes in his resume, and within a relatively short time, he will be mostly indistinguishable from some who have been at it for years, growing up in the industry... learning from 'the best' in the industry.

I'm speaking a bit tongue in cheek and I'm sure some of you will get why.... but I'm serious about the fact that I think David has skills that would be valuable in many industries.

/irony
01-22-2018 01:57 PM
Baconator Offline

New Orleans BowlDonatorsPWNER of Scout/Rivals
My recollection of the story was that DB was an investor, and simply there to help out and also learn about the business. I don’t think he’s going to be involved in daily operations once it gets off the ground. At least that was my impression.

He specifically said he wants to coach again and is not finished, but has to be the right time. Said he had an offer at the FCS level but wasn’t a good fit.
01-22-2018 08:08 PM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
I was responding to this:

"I have a little extra time on my hands. So I've been down here helping out, learning the restaurant business"
01-23-2018 01:33 PM
OldOwl Offline
1st String

Is DB going to be a member of the Owl Club? ?
(01-22-2018 08:08 PM)Baconator Wrote:  My recollection of the story was that DB was an investor, and simply there to help out and also learn about the business. I don’t think he’s going to be involved in daily operations once it gets off the ground. At least that was my impression.

He specifically said he wants to coach again and is not finished, but has to be the right time. Said he had an offer at the FCS level but wasn’t a good fit.
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2018 08:39 PM by OldOwl.)
01-23-2018 08:38 PM
Advertisement

Houston Owl Offline
1st String

I Root For:
David has been a contributor to The Owl Club for at least the past few years.
01-23-2018 10:12 PM
Fort Bend Owl Offline
Legend

The Parliament Awards
Just went to the restaurant and saw Chef Bailiff. They're doing great business. He told me he originally didn't think he'd be there much, I guess just being a silent investor. But he's been putting in 12 hour days and is swamped. I joked with him that they're probably getting more people through the doors than we'd see at a home football game.

He also mentioned some of his former coaches might be officially named at other schools, but probably nothing until after the Feb. 5th signing day.
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2018 04:06 PM by Fort Bend Owl.)
01-28-2018 04:05 PM
davidw Offline
Special Teams

There was a very nice "appreciation dinner" hosted by Johnny Carrabba at his massive house for David last nite. Bunch of good folks there, nice testimonials from former players/supporters. David was in good spirits. As you can imagine, the eats were exceptional.

He said he hasn't closed the door on continuing to coach somewhere in the future. I'd like to see what he can do without all the constraints he had at R U.
01-30-2018 06:04 PM
louismcc Offline
Bench Warmer

Donators
(01-28-2018 04:05 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  Just went to the restaurant and saw Chef Bailiff.

We were there Sunday as well. Coach was doing everything from greeting people to handing out food and cleaning the tables. Place was packed. As someone born and raised in Louisiana I know better than to get into an argument over the quality of a Po'Boy, but these were definitely the best and most authentic I've had since moving west to Texas in '72.
02-01-2018 01:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.