Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Eugene German
Bookmark and Share
Growler83 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
Eugene German
Eugene German is a special player that we have not had the pleasure to watch around here in a while. The off balance shots while hanging in the air, as well as the fearless play when hitting big 3 pointers, leave us to shake our heads and ask did he really just do that?
It’s been a long time since we have had the privilege to see this type of talent at NIU.
I believe he may end up joining the likes of special Huskies such as Matt Hicks, Paul Dawkins, Allen Rayhorn, Kenny Battle, Donald Whiteside, Donnell Thomas, TJ Lux and Xavier Silas since he is only half way through his sophomore seasonal this point. I left off the early 70’s players since I never had the fortune to see them play.
He has things to learn but also has time to learn them.
Time to apppreciate what we get to watch especially in person.
01-14-2018 05:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HuskieDave Online
All American

I Root For: The NIU Huskies
RE: Eugene German
(01-14-2018 05:26 PM)Growler83 Wrote:  Eugene German is a special player that we have not had the pleasure to watch around here in a while. The off balance shots while hanging in the air, as well as the fearless play when hitting big 3 pointers, leave us to shake our heads and ask did he really just do that?
It’s been a long time since we have had the privilege to see this type of talent at NIU.
I believe he may end up joining the likes of special Huskies such as Matt Hicks, Paul Dawkins, Allen Rayhorn, Kenny Battle, Donald Whiteside, Donnell Thomas, TJ Lux and Xavier Silas since he is only half way through his sophomore seasonal this point. I left off the early 70’s players since I never had the fortune to see them play.
He has things to learn but also has time to learn them.
Time to apppreciate what we get to watch especially in person.

If he stays healthy and plays all four years, he will probably leave as our all-time career scoring leader. He has 617 points already and the school record is 1,996 (TJ Lux).
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2018 06:44 PM by HuskieDave.)
01-14-2018 06:39 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
Eugene German
He's our very own Michael Jordan!

I could not believe some of his shots yesterday. The fall away 3-pointer over a 6'9" player guarding him was unreal, as were the 3-pointers from well beyond the arc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
01-14-2018 07:00 PM
Advertisement

bikechuck Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies
Billy "the kid" Harris was a fantistic guard from the 71/72 season complimented nicely by Larry Jackson. The two of them together were dynamic and I will never forget seeing them play.

Of couse Jim Bradley, Jerry Zielinsky and Larry Turner were excellent as well.

Unbelievable starting 5 that consistently sold out the Field House.
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2018 03:09 PM by bikechuck.)
01-14-2018 07:51 PM
NIU75 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU
Several Marquette fans express to me at the game two weeks ago, that they thought German was the best player on the floor! What a compliment when you consider Marquette's Howard and Rowsey are #1 and #2 in scoring in the Big East.

He could be very special if something does not mess him up.
01-14-2018 08:23 PM
Advertisement

dwisn31 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: NIU/Marquette
(01-14-2018 08:23 PM)NIU75 Wrote:  Several Marquette fans express to me at the game two weeks ago, that they thought German was the best player on the floor! What a compliment when you consider Marquette's Howard and Rowsey are #1 and #2 in scoring in the Big East.

He could be very special if something does not mess him up.

Honestly, with his kind of talent, I wouldn’t be surprised if he transfers to a P5 school.
01-14-2018 08:31 PM
NIUSAE Offline
All American

I Root For:
He is very inconsistent. Against BG, he was 0 for the first half with about a minute and a half left and he finally scored on a layup. In the second half he scored 17 so he got to his average but when the points were needed in the first half they weren't there.
01-14-2018 08:47 PM
Advertisement

dekalb222 Offline
All American

I Root For: niu
What are you talking about? German is one of the most consistent players in the country! He scores 20 almost every game. He’s not scoring 40 one game and then 0 the next game to average 20. He most likely will not leave. The kid is in the gym every day, he could not stand sitting for a year. Most likely this whole team comes back. They have one 2018 recruit signed Justin Lee(6’7) guard/forward
01-14-2018 09:33 PM
huskie87fan Offline
2nd String

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uwJtZu10-EM

Eugene is special. I do not see him leaving or anyone else that would really hurt the team. Nice to not have to see pouting on the way back to the bench every game now that Twan and Marshawn are not on the team. That is refreshing. Last years team was toxic.[/b]
01-15-2018 12:06 AM
Advertisement

NIUfrank Offline
Special Teams

(01-14-2018 09:33 PM)dekalb222 Wrote:  What are you talking about? German is one of the most consistent players in the country! He scores 20 almost every game. He’s not scoring 40 one game and then 0 the next game to average 20. He most likely will not leave. The kid is in the gym every day, he could not stand sitting for a year. Most likely this whole team comes back. They have one 2018 recruit signed Justin Lee(6’7) guard/forward

I'm not a huge bball fan but realistically bball is setup for mid majors to succeed easier than football. This recruit looks legit but surprised Iowa st is all over IL recruits list. Chicago kids go out of state far more than football. The next bill self got a 5 star from Chicago. They haven't landed one of those in a while.
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2018 02:07 PM by NIUfrank.)
01-15-2018 08:43 AM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
Yea he is fun to watch, and we've been missing that.
01-16-2018 10:07 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.