Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

JMU @ the Nerds Bball
Bookmark and Share
Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
JMU @ the Nerds Bball
Just nine days later the Dukes play W&M again. The nerds are in first place and the Dukes are in last place. It feels like the world is upside down.

W&M continues to shoot lights out with the #1 team nationally in 3 pt shooting. They are also 2nd in FT shooting and 3rd in overall FG %. Million and Burchfield are still scorching hot from 3pt land shooting 53% and 55% respectively.

As good as their offense is, their defense is terrible. In fact they are so bad that they are tied with JMU at 310th in FG % defense.

Rowe tried to play a half court game last time and got carved up including a ton of uncontested backdoor cuts in the 2nd half. Will he do anything different this time around? Perhaps full court pressure all game to turn it into a rag tag athletic game and not a set offense game.

We are approaching Rock bottom with Dean Keener being the standard bearer. He posted a record worst .267 career winning percentage at JMU. 03-puke
Knock, knock, knocking on Keener’s door. Knock, knock, knocking on Keener’s door.

Nerds 85
JMU 70
01-10-2018 09:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Dukes84 Offline
All American

RE: JMU @ the Nerds Bball
Pinkard didn't travel with team and McLean might not be available.
01-10-2018 09:35 PM
JacksonHall Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU
I've been going to this game in Williamsburg for years and just don't have the energy for it this year. I'd rather spend that money on something enjoyable, not something frustrating.
01-10-2018 09:55 PM
Deez Nuts Offline
Moderator. Go Dukes!

I Root For: the Dukes
Lou Rowe will never have a season worse than Dean Keener. take it to the bank. Jar of pennies jpg. etc.

but it might be close
01-10-2018 10:07 PM
Dukes1825 Offline
Special Teams

Allowing this team to factor the Bridgewater W into this season’s record might make DKs low (5-23) difficult to surpass. Funny enough we beat App State in 05-06, and this season, so jokes on them.

It’s pathetic that 17 games in and we haven’t won back-to-back games yet.
01-11-2018 12:45 AM
Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-10-2018 09:55 PM)JacksonHall Wrote:  I've been going to this game in Williamsburg for years and just don't have the energy for it this year. I'd rather spend that money on something enjoyable, not something frustrating.

That's good to know. Thanks for the heads up.
01-11-2018 07:01 AM
Advertisement

Dukes84 Offline
All American

Walfish pointed out that JMU's defense, not a strong suit, has gotten worse over the last 4 conference games.
01-11-2018 09:05 AM
Duke Dawg Offline
Heisman

Keener's teams were never this competitive.

we've lost 5 games at the buzzer this year basically, including one that was flat out stolen from us (GMU).

half of those games turn the other way and things aren't looking AS bad.
01-11-2018 09:17 AM
JMad03 Offline
Heisman

You know you have a bad program when you can hang your hat on losses that aren't as bad as they used to be.
01-11-2018 09:27 AM
KickItToScotty Offline
Heisman

I haven’t paid much attention to BBall threads this year but I’m kinda surprised people seem to feel the way they do about this team. We had two players return and neither was a star player or anything... I was just hoping to see a team that gives me some hope for the future, not an instantly great team. We have another year of Stuckey and Develle, while Banks and Lewis are both freshmen so I’m definitely hopeful for the future with this team and with Lou’s recruiting.

Of course even if I am right to be hopeful, we do have to hope that guys don’t get tired of losing and transfer before it can pan out. So cross your fingers I guess.
01-11-2018 09:56 AM
Centdukesfan Offline
All American

I Root For: Dukes, bud
guys - this is an easy slam dunk. Dukes are gonna crush nerds.
01-11-2018 10:07 AM
Advertisement

olddawg Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-10-2018 09:35 PM)Dukes84 Wrote:  Pinkard didn't travel with team and McLean might not be available.

Pinkard has only played in 8 games. Hurt, or just not productive enough to warrant minutes? I'm seeing him following the path of the previous years JuCo guard recruits.
01-11-2018 10:28 AM
Birdman33 Offline
Bench Warmer

(01-11-2018 12:45 AM)Dukes1825 Wrote:  Allowing this team to factor the Bridgewater W into this season’s record might make DKs low (5-23) difficult to surpass. Funny enough we beat App State in 05-06, and this season, so jokes on them.

It’s pathetic that 17 games in and we haven’t won back-to-back games yet.

Does eastern Mennonite have a team. I smell another win
01-11-2018 10:28 AM
JacksonHall Offline
1st String

(01-11-2018 10:28 AM)olddawg Wrote:  
(01-10-2018 09:35 PM)Dukes84 Wrote:  Pinkard didn't travel with team and McLean might not be available.

Pinkard has only played in 8 games. Hurt, or just not productive enough to warrant minutes? I'm seeing him following the path of the previous years JuCo guard recruits.

Pinkard played well in the last game in his first meaningful minutes since Bridgewater.
01-11-2018 10:31 AM
Dukes84 Offline
All American

(01-11-2018 10:31 AM)JacksonHall Wrote:  

Pinkard played well in the last game in his first meaningful minutes since Bridgewater.

I've been saying since training camp that Pinkard has talent. He finally gets an opening with McLean's injury and now has an academic issue. Without playing time, I also saw him transferring out.
01-11-2018 10:34 AM
nyduke Offline
1st String

I Root For: jmu
this one could get ugly......quickly

wm by 20plus
01-11-2018 11:43 AM
Advertisement

JacksonHall Offline
1st String

This team really needed another guard. The loss of Scissum and Smith hurt the forward at depth but not the guards. Banks may have to play some shooting guard in this game if McLean doesn't play.
01-11-2018 11:57 AM
lexduke398 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: JMU,OSU
For goodness sake we need a dang win. Lets go get it!!! Come on Dukes.... Sadly we always seem to lose to these guys anymore.... Tony's got our number... No matter who is our Head Coach is...
01-11-2018 03:40 PM
NJDuke97 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jmu
(01-11-2018 10:34 AM)Dukes84 Wrote:  

I've been saying since training camp that Pinkard has talent. He finally gets an opening with McLean's injury and now has an academic issue. Without playing time, I also saw him transferring out.

Just a reminder when folks speculate about a kid transferring out because of lack of playing time- there are 13 full scholarships in Men's hoops. It's probably very difficult to strike a balance roster wise where that type of speculation isn't going to exist. Either the kids buy in for the long term, maybe you mitigate it some with some red shirts (which potentially causes other issues), you reach on kids who can develop as they get older, or you reach on the best available athlete. It's not a perfect thing no matter who the coach is or who the program is.

The key is to avoid losing the top of the roster. When Cooke transferred out Brady was as good as gone- you don't replace guys like that easily. If Rowe were to lose Mosely, Lewis or Banks, etc. Rowe would be as good as gone as well. The bottom of the roster you can afford to lose the top you can't.
01-11-2018 05:45 PM
purplesanman Offline
1st String

I Root For: jmu
(01-11-2018 10:34 AM)Dukes84 Wrote:  

Not sure if you are allowed to say, but if you can, is this the kind of academic issue where he misses a game or two or the kind that hurts the APR for the next 4 years?
01-11-2018 05:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.