Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Penny ONLY Solution
Bookmark and Share
TigerBabbler Offline
All American

I Root For:
Penny ONLY Solution
Only coach Memphis can afford after Tubby is Penny...he will do it for 1.5 million and that will give him two years to build. Nike will help him.

People need to stop looking outside of Penny at this point.

2-3 questions only need to be answered to pull the trigger.

1. Can Penny get players...YES, YES, YES, YES (And after wins come he will recruit at top tier level.)

2. Does Penny know basketball. YES, YES, YES (That's all he knows..all his life...and he is SMART enough to get guys around him to help him develop) (compliance officer will be main teammate to orientate to rules) ( I would like to see Tony Matlock come home)

3. Will Fan base rally. YES, YES, YES ($$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$)
If you get Penny THIS SPRING you may get
2018: ALO, T. Harris
2019: Danridge, C Lawson, (maybe Wiseman, Jeffries, McCullum)
2020: Matthew Murrell , Cam "Mook" Matthews
2021: Jonathan Lawson, Jalen Brown, K Chandler, Kam Jones
2022: Chandler Jackson, Jacob Barnes, Kobe Wilkes, Christopher Gilliland, Washington, and others
2023: Braylen Ragland, Bryson Nash, Josh Holloway, and others

PENNY will get many of these local names and many nationally

LOADS TO TOP 150 TALENT COMING THROUGH MEMPHIS TO BE A TOP 10 TEAM FOR YEARS TO COME...

If you're worried about Team Penny AAU there are ways to shift that and merge that with another program. Cam Payne may be interested, Ian Clark maybe interested, Thaddeus Young maybe interested, Will Barton may be interested...there are ways.

As far as East is concerned...Turn it over to Keelon Lawson Sr and they keep rolling...

Come April! Call Penny Hardaway!
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2018 11:34 PM by TigerBabbler.)
01-01-2018 09:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TG4 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
RE: Penny ONLY Solution
Ain’t happenin’.
01-01-2018 09:34 PM
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
nope...
01-01-2018 09:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
memtiger1987 Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis
No on Penny....
01-01-2018 09:36 PM
TG4 Offline
Hall of Famer

Is Penny gonna leave himself at the team hotel if he misses a wake up call or departure time?
01-01-2018 09:40 PM
EarthBoundMisfit Offline
Tongue tied and twisted

I Root For: CardiacAblation
I love Penny, but with this fickle fanbase....I'd advise him against taking the job.
They'd love him at first, but then he'd do something they wouldn't agree with...and that would be that.
01-01-2018 09:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Hernando Hills Tiger Offline
High score: 819 (credit)

I Root For: USA

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
Extremely rare for a good player to make a good coach.

John Wooden is the exception. He was two time player of the year at Purdue.
01-01-2018 09:43 PM
MemTiger90 Offline
All American

(01-01-2018 09:43 PM)Hernando Hills Tiger Wrote:  Extremely rare for a good player to make a good coach.

Yep.

Most of the time, really good players don't have a brain.

Coaching takes brains.
01-01-2018 09:45 PM
TG4 Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-01-2018 09:45 PM)MemTiger90 Wrote:  
(01-01-2018 09:43 PM)Hernando Hills Tiger Wrote:  Extremely rare for a good player to make a good coach.

Yep.

Most of the time, really good players don't have a brain.

Coaching takes brains.

04-bow
01-01-2018 09:47 PM
TigerBabbler Offline
All American

I Root For:
(01-01-2018 09:40 PM)EarthBoundMisfit Wrote:  I love Penny, but with this fickle fanbase....I'd advise him against taking the job.
They'd love him at first, but then he'd do something they wouldn't agree with...and that would be that.

Yea you're right but Penny has his Hands on TOP TALENT IN CITY and connected to ELITE players around the country and the Administration dropping the ball.

M. Cronin Cincy grad
Chris Mack Xavier grad
B Huggins W Virginia Grad
It CAN WORK AT UNIQUE PLACES...LIKE MEMPHIS.

The problem with Tubby is he is washed up and has entitled syndrome...all we hear is he has won every place he's been as if it's a birthright to win and get players....this generation doesn't care about name "Tubby"
01-01-2018 09:48 PM
UofMemphis Away

Donators
'entitled syndrome'....'this generation doesn't care'

oh no...you're one of those 'get off muh yard' types, huh?
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2018 09:50 PM by UofMemphis.)
01-01-2018 09:49 PM
Advertisement

Newton card Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Ncaa
Absolutely crazy; ie Clyde drexler
01-01-2018 09:55 PM
TigerBabbler Offline
All American

I Root For:
(01-01-2018 09:49 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  'entitled syndrome'....'this generation doesn't care'

Don't take it personal...I just know that 14 -18 year olds dont' know Tubby from Kentucky in whatever year he won championship. And that same age bracket recruit doesn't know Memphis Basketball. Calipari has been gone 10 years so the kids we need to be on locally were babies.

The recruiting pitch is all about Tubby winning but what are the facts? He has't won .500 over last 10 years.

But they KNOW Penny Hardaway and Team Penny. Facts!
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2018 10:04 PM by TigerBabbler.)
01-01-2018 09:55 PM
DaMackisBackk Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Tigers
(01-01-2018 09:40 PM)EarthBoundMisfit Wrote:  I love Penny, but with this fickle fanbase....I'd advise him against taking the job.

I agree 100%. This fanbase will turn quicker than a rat inside of a maze. Some even turned on Coach Mike Norvell after one game in which there were several questionable calls with our top running back out with an injury. Penny will be celebrated until he loses his 1st game, then his coaching will be 2nd guessed, and finally, he will be called names until he resigns and it will end badly.
01-01-2018 09:57 PM
TigerinFL Offline
All American

I Root For: Tigers
(01-01-2018 09:30 PM)TigerBabbler Wrote:  Only coach Memphis can afford after Tubby is Penny...he will do it for 1.5 million and that will give him two years to build. Nike will help him.

People need to stop looking outside of Penny at this point.

2-3 questions only need to be answered to pull the trigger.

1. Can Penny get players...YES, YES, YES, YES (And after wins come he will recruit at top tier level.)

2. Does Penny know basketball. YES, YES, YES (That's all he knows..all his life...and he is SMART enough to get guys around him to help him develop) (compliance officer will be main teammate to orientate to rules) ( I would like to see Tony Matlock come home)

3. Will Fan base rally. YES, YES, YES ($$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$)
If you get Penny THIS SPRING you may get
2018: T. Harris
2019: Danridge, C Lawson, (maybe Wiseman, Jeffries, McCullum)
2020: Matthew Murrell
2021: Jonathan Lawson, Jalen Brown, K Chandler, Kam Jones
2022: Chandler Jackson, Jacob Barnes, Kobe Wilkes, Christopher Gilliland and others
2023: Braylen Ragland, Bryson Nash, Josh Holloway, and others

LOADS TO TOP 150 TALENT COMING THROUGH MEMPHIS TO BE A TOP 10 TEAM FOR YEARS TO COME...

If you're worried about Team Penny AAU there are ways to shift that and merge that with another program. Cam Payne may be interested, Ian Clark maybe interested, Thaddeus Young maybe interested, Will Barton may be interested...there are ways.

As far as East is concerned...Turn it over to Keelon Lawson Sr and they keep rolling...

Come April! Call Penny Hardaway!

[Image: allw.gif]
01-01-2018 10:01 PM
UofMemphis Away

Donators
(01-01-2018 09:55 PM)TigerBabbler Wrote:  
(01-01-2018 09:49 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  'entitled syndrome'....'this generation doesn't care'

Don't take it personal...I just now that 14 -18 year olds don' know Tubby from Kentucky in whatever year he won championship. And that same age bracket recruit doesn't know Memphis Basketball. Calipari has been gone 10 years so those kids were babies.

The recruiting pitch is all about Tubby winning but what are the facts? He has't won .500 over last 10 years.

Tubby could be great with these Memphis parents if he would just get out and recruit...he's the 'father figure with an NCAA title ring' type...let Esposito recruit everywhere that isn't Memphis and Tubby should lock down every one of these local kids...I mean, you don't even have to leave the metro area!

OK, rant over.
01-01-2018 10:02 PM
Advertisement

Claw Offline
Hall of Famer

I am not anti-Penny, but to say he is the ONLY solution is simply not true.
01-01-2018 10:04 PM
mphsfan Offline
Unapologetic Supporter

I Root For: Memphis &

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
(01-01-2018 10:02 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  
(01-01-2018 09:55 PM)TigerBabbler Wrote:  

Don't take it personal...I just now that 14 -18 year olds don' know Tubby from Kentucky in whatever year he won championship. And that same age bracket recruit doesn't know Memphis Basketball. Calipari has been gone 10 years so those kids were babies.

Tubby could be great with these Memphis parents if he would just get out and recruit...he's the 'father figure with an NCAA title ring' type...let Esposito recruit everywhere that isn't Memphis and Tubby should lock down every one of these local kids...I mean, you don't even have to leave the metro area!

OK, rant over.

That's logical. Why do you think that hasn't happened?
01-01-2018 10:06 PM
TigerBabbler Offline
All American

I Root For:
Many people who snarl at Penny for Coach have never seen him coach or talked to him about basketball. He has been doing it ALL HIS LIFE...he cares about Memphis...and he is $INVESTED more than many fans IN THE PROGRAM.

He has the humility, disposition, and character that would have lots of success here at Memphis. If Memphis hired CJP...Penny would be better than him in year one than CJP was in his BEST YEAR of 8 years.

This recruits want mentoring who better than one of the greats and most celebrated guards in basketball history...for those who throw up Drexler...Drexler didn't have heart for his boys...With Penny as coach...you will never have to worry about Memphis being a PLAYER FIRST PROGRAM...and a fan SECOND PROGRAM
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2018 10:12 PM by TigerBabbler.)
01-01-2018 10:10 PM
TigerBill Offline
Imperator Optimus Maximus

I Root For: Liberation

Donators
(01-01-2018 10:04 PM)Claw Wrote:  I am not anti-Penny, but to say he is the ONLY solution is simply not true.

It's babble.
01-01-2018 10:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.