Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

So destiny brought me to Hattiesburg
Bookmark and Share
Tintin Offline
1st String

I Root For: Charlotte
So destiny brought me to Hattiesburg
Woke up in Greensboro this morning, had a great day in New Orleans, and am spending the next two nights in Hattiesburg. My daughter will have minor surgery here tomorrow and I look forward to spending a bit of time on USM's campus and buying shirts at your bookstore.

My oldest is a freshman at ECU, and Hattiesburg, so far, reminds me of Greenville.
01-01-2018 06:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TechRocks Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tech
RE: So destiny brought me to Hattiesburg
(01-01-2018 06:08 PM)Tintin Wrote:  Woke up in Greensboro this morning, had a great day in New Orleans, and am spending the next two nights in Hattiesburg. My daughter will have minor surgery here tomorrow and I look forward to spending a bit of time on USM's campus and buying shirts at your bookstore.

My oldest is a freshman at ECU, and Hattiesburg, so far, reminds me of Greenville.

Eat some fried catfish while you're there. Best wishes for your daughter's surgery.
01-01-2018 06:13 PM
eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

I Root For: southern miss
Try Leatha's if it's open....and the catfish idea ain't a bad one.

Yes, H'burg and Greenville are very similar...except ECU's football stadium flies an AAC banner. while MM Roberts at USM flies a C-USA banner!03-banghead

Enjoy H'burg, it's a great college town...well wishes to your daughter....and hope her minor surgery is only a minor inconvenience! 04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2018 06:26 PM by eaglebeaver.)
01-01-2018 06:26 PM
Noodles Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss
Usually not so cold here. Welcome!
01-01-2018 06:43 PM
Advertisement

Eagle in the gym Offline
All American

(01-01-2018 06:08 PM)Tintin Wrote:  Woke up in Greensboro this morning, had a great day in New Orleans, and am spending the next two nights in Hattiesburg. My daughter will have minor surgery here tomorrow and I look forward to spending a bit of time on USM's campus and buying shirts at your bookstore.

Campus Bookmart (bright yellow building across Hardy from front of campus) has coolest Eagle gear.

Leatha’s is a must. Pork ribs. You’ll come back and say thank you on this post.
01-01-2018 07:47 PM
SethManKA1 Offline
2nd String

Hope you daughter’s surgery goes well. Enjoy the Hub City be safe traveling!
01-01-2018 08:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
usm99 Offline
Heisman

Prayers for your daughter's surgery and recovery. Hope you enjoy your time in Hattiesburg as well and as others have said, it's not usually this cold as the last 2 mornings the wind chill has been in the single digits
01-02-2018 11:41 AM
Advertisement

MadEagle Offline
All American

Letha's Pork Ribs! Yes a MUST! Hope your daughter gets better soon!
01-02-2018 05:20 PM
Tintin Offline
1st String

Didn’t get to do much today, but did manage to go to both the on and off campus bookstores and walk around campus a bit. My daughter at ECU now owns a USM shirt. Hattiesburg is a nice medium sized city. Wish I could have been around with the students or during a game.
01-02-2018 08:46 PM
TTT Offline
#SMTTT

I Root For: USM & G5
(01-02-2018 08:46 PM)Tintin Wrote:  Didn’t get to do much today, but did manage to go to both the on and off campus bookstores and walk around campus a bit. My daughter at ECU now owns a USM shirt. Hattiesburg is a nice medium sized city. Wish I could have been around with the students or during a game.

If there is anything you do, go to Shipley Donuts on Hardy Street in the morning when they are hot. Even though Shipleys is a chain donut store based out of Texas this particular store has been family operated since the late 70s/early 80s and make the best donuts glazed donuts I've ever had in my life. Go by there but it's gotta be in the morning! And make sure you wait for hot ones!
01-02-2018 09:29 PM
Advertisement

eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

I Root For: southern miss
(01-02-2018 09:29 PM)TTT Wrote:  
(01-02-2018 08:46 PM)Tintin Wrote:  Didn’t get to do much today, but did manage to go to both the on and off campus bookstores and walk around campus a bit. My daughter at ECU now owns a USM shirt. Hattiesburg is a nice medium sized city. Wish I could have been around with the students or during a game.

If there is anything you do, go to Shipley Donuts on Hardy Street in the morning when they are hot. Even though Shipleys is a chain donut store based out of Texas this particular store has been family operated since the late 70s/early 80s and make the best donuts glazed donuts I've ever had in my life. Go by there but it's gotta be in the morning! And make sure you wait for hot ones!

There is a little Oriental run do-nut shoppe (not kiddin') on Oak Grove Rd that, in my humble opinion, beats Shipley's (and my daughter worked @ Shipley's in high school and I love me some Shipley's, too, TTT).
01-02-2018 10:06 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(01-02-2018 10:06 PM)eaglebeaver Wrote:  

There is a little Oriental run do-nut shoppe (not kiddin') on Oak Grove Rd that, in my humble opinion, beats Shipley's (and my daughter worked @ Shipley's in high school and I love me some Shipley's, too, TTT).

both donut shops rock the rock....

and Tintin, best wishes to your family.....the 'burg has above average health care.....she's in good hands here....
01-03-2018 02:57 AM
Tintin Offline
1st String

(01-03-2018 02:57 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(01-02-2018 10:06 PM)eaglebeaver Wrote:  

both donut shops rock the rock....

and Tintin, best wishes to your family.....the 'burg has above average health care.....she's in good hands here....

Thank you. All well and on a plane right now waiting to departAtlanta, home to Greensboro in an hour and a half.

Next time I’m in Hattiesburg, I hope to be a two touchdown favorite. I also hope to see a little more and eat a little better.
My wife and I hav been playing nursemaid to 2 daughters with seven fewer wisdom teeth than they had on Monday evening, but we saw the Frenchquarter and had a decent hamburger (ED’s?) o Hardy street Monday evening.
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2018 07:42 PM by Tintin.)
01-03-2018 07:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.