Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Tion Green
Bookmark and Share
SeniorBearcat Offline
I can eat fifty eggs

I Root For: Binturongs

Donators
Tion Green
Quote:Tion Green replaced Riddick in the rotation and nearly tripled Abdullah's playing time (23 snaps to eight). Green finished with a team-high 10 carries for 35 yards, though Abdullah did touch the ball on four of his eight snaps (one rush, three receptions).

"(Tion) keeps getting better," Caldwell said Monday. "He gets a bit more familiar with what we’re doing. He’s attacking things. I think he’s getting a chance to get a good feel for who he is. Differences between whether you’re a scat back or a big back, he’s a big back, and he’s got to run like a big back. But I think he’s coming along."

Abdullah said he doesn't believe that he's in the proverbial doghouse with coaches.

With two games left, and with the Lions in need of wins in both to have a chance at the playoffs, Abdullah said he still believes he can be a factor for the team this year.

"(The benching is) definitely something to definitely reflect on for me personally, but at the same time, like I told you guys last time, I’m always going to trust the coach’s instinct and judgment because they’re the ones designing this plan to win," Abdullah said. "And if that’s in the plan for that week, you’ve got to trust it. At the same, do my best to continue to be in the plan."

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/l...964191001/

Quote:Week 16 fantasy football sleepers: Running backs

Tion Green, Lions @(Vinnie Iyer). Theo Riddick is hurt, and Ameer Abdullah is doghoused. It’s time for Honolulu Blue to see what it has in Green, and Cincy’s injury-riddled linebacker corps can be rather accommodating in a game where the Lions should build a nice lead.

http://www.sportingnews.com/fantasy/foot...x8p7yczc61

12-21-2017 02:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SeniorBearcat Offline
I can eat fifty eggs

I Root For: Binturongs

Donators
RE: Tion Green
I now have a rooting interest in the Lions game....100 yards for Tion would be nice to see this weekend. 04-cheers

"Lions still haven't had a player rush for a 100-yard game since 2013, but Ameer Abdullah came close.

Ameer Abdullah (94 yards rushing in 20 carries with one TD) nearly became the first Lions running back to rush for 100 yards in a single game since Reggie Bush -- on Nov. 28, 2013 -- in a game against the Minnesota Vikings.

12-21-2017 02:24 PM
BearcatMan Online
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati
(12-21-2017 02:24 PM)SeniorBearcat Wrote:  I now have a rooting interest in the Lions game....100 yards for Tion would be nice to see this weekend. 04-cheers

"Lions still haven't had a player rush for a 100-yard game since 2013, but Ameer Abdullah came close.

Ameer Abdullah (94 yards rushing in 20 carries with one TD) nearly became the first Lions running back to rush for 100 yards in a single game since Reggie Bush -- on Nov. 28, 2013 -- in a game against the Minnesota Vikings.

He looked VERY good against the Bills and had a couple of nice runs against the Ravens. I'm pretty pumped to see him get a chance, because it's obvious Abdullah sucks and Riddick isn't a running back.

12-21-2017 02:32 PM
Advertisement

Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
wonder how Tion would’ve been on Dantonio‘s team? Or even BK’s?

12-21-2017 04:40 PM
rosewater Offline
Heisman

I Root For: cincy
(12-21-2017 04:40 PM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  wonder how Tion would’ve been on Dantonio‘s team? Or even BK’s?

Or Butch's, Minters, or Murphys. Anyone but Flubbs.

12-21-2017 04:43 PM
Advertisement

RealDeal Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC
Between Green, Chris Moore, Holton and McKay Tubs wasted a ton of skill position talent.

12-21-2017 06:13 PM
BearcatMan Online

(12-21-2017 06:13 PM)RealDeal Wrote:  Between Green, Chris Moore, Holton and McKay Tubs wasted a ton of skill position talent.

Don't forget the multiple linemen that are in or around the league and Eric Wilson

12-21-2017 06:38 PM
Advertisement

dsquare Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincy
Got to give it up to Tion today, 7 carrier 43 yds and a td. Not bad work for an undrafted free agent. Would have liked to see the Lions win, and Green get a shot at some playoff cash.

(This post was last modified: 12-24-2017 10:32 PM by dsquare.)
12-24-2017 10:32 PM
BearcatMan Online

In Lions country, fans are up in arms after the Baltimore game why Abdullah and Riddick seemingly still get more carries despite Tion looking like the only actual RB on the roster.

12-25-2017 01:02 PM
Advertisement

Fubar Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: The Red & Black
I was down in the Bahamas last week and met a lifeguard who was friends with Tion. Didn’t realize he was from the islands? Regardless, was a small world moment, wish him the best.

12-26-2017 02:39 PM
bearcatmark Online

I Root For: the Deliverator
I had a loaded fantasy football team except for running back and have basically been mixing and matching various waiver pickup guys all year. I started Tion Green for the only time this week and he helped put me over the top for the Championship. My friend I was going against texted me and basically said... Are you kidding me? Tion Fing Green.

Love having a former Bearcat push me over the top.

12-26-2017 03:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.