WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Elite 11 QBs
BuickBronco Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: WMU
Elite 11 QBs
Noticed ESPN kept scrolling a Toledo recruit last night during the Frisco Bowl. Didn't pay much attention until I saw more news today. Carter Brady was Elite 11 finalist for best HS QB this year. Top 300 ESPN pick goes to Toledo. 6'3 flamethrower from Jacksonville recruited by every P5 conference but only one MAC school apparently. 30 schools apparently offered this kid.

The Toledo/WMU rivalry should be intense in coming years.
12-21-2017 10:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GullLake Offline
Support Hong Kong protesters!

I Root For: Joe Manchin
RE: Elite 11 QBs
(12-21-2017 10:18 AM)BuickBronco Wrote:  Noticed ESPN kept scrolling a Toledo recruit last night during the Frisco Bowl. Didn't pay much attention until I saw more news today. Carter Brady was Elite 11 finalist for best HS QB this year. Top 300 ESPN pick goes to Toledo. 6'3 flamethrower from Jacksonville recruited by every P5 conference but only one MAC school apparently. 30 schools apparently offered this kid.

Good for Toledo!

Good for the MAC!

A rising tide lifts all boats!

Hope to see the Rockets blast some Big10 beetches during the non-conference season.
12-21-2017 10:28 AM
flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-21-2017 10:18 AM)BuickBronco Wrote:  Noticed ESPN kept scrolling a Toledo recruit last night during the Frisco Bowl. Didn't pay much attention until I saw more news today. Carter Brady was Elite 11 finalist for best HS QB this year. Top 300 ESPN pick goes to Toledo. 6'3 flamethrower from Jacksonville recruited by every P5 conference but only one MAC school apparently. 30 schools apparently offered this kid.

Remember how we felt when Chance Stewart fell in our lap... Takes quite a bit more than hype and stars.... Toledo also set the table perfectly for the kid... With Woodside departing after this year the stage is set for a new young gunslinger to start early... Something I will bet none of the P5 offers came with.... Interesting that he was only recruited by ONE MAC school....
12-21-2017 10:30 AM
BuickBronco Offline
Special Teams

(12-21-2017 10:30 AM)flushtheherd Wrote:  

Remember how we felt when Chance Stewart fell in our lap... Takes quite a bit more than hype and stars.... Toledo also set the table perfectly for the kid... With Woodside departing after this year the stage is set for a new young gunslinger to start early... Something I will bet none of the P5 offers came with.... Interesting that he was only recruited by ONE MAC school....

Chance Stewart was never Elite 11 material. These are kids that make it to Grudens office for interviews on his College QB shows. Huge take for Toledo.
12-21-2017 05:00 PM
Advertisement

Stampede your face!! Offline
All American

He was recruited by us as well early in the cycle.
12-21-2017 06:31 PM
Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

Brogan Roback was also a 4-star recruit at the time he committed to EMU. Never turned out to be better than an average MAC QB at best.

Let’s see how this kid turns out in a few years (assuming he still comes, wins the job, etc.) before we anoint him a Heisman Trophy finalist.
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2017 07:29 PM by Hoekjeness.)
12-21-2017 07:28 PM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(12-21-2017 07:28 PM)Hoekjeness Wrote:  Brogan Roback was also a 4-star recruit at the time he committed to EMU. Never turned out to be better than an average MAC QB at best.

Let’s see how this kid turns out in a few years (assuming he still comes, wins the job, etc.) before we anoint him a Heisman Trophy finalist.

Roback only had MAC offers. What 4 star QB with decent grades doesn't have a P5 offer?
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2017 07:39 PM by Boca Rocket.)
12-21-2017 07:38 PM
Advertisement

New School Bronco Offline
1st String

Quarterback is the biggest bust position according to stars
12-21-2017 07:53 PM
flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-21-2017 05:00 PM)BuickBronco Wrote:  

Chance Stewart was never Elite 11 material. These are kids that make it to Grudens office for interviews on his College QB shows. Huge take for Toledo.

Gruden only talks to QB's on their way to the NFL... lets get the cart back behind the horse... Sure this kid is likely prepped to be a great QB.... but to be a great QB you need to have a decent OL, a decent running game and prove that you can play under the pressure of D1 ball... ALL of which has yet to be proven whatsoever...

great get for Toledo and one which I only compared to Stewart because he was a high 3 low 4 star kid and he didn't even START a game at WMU.
12-21-2017 08:04 PM
BroncoPhilly Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Quote:Brogan Roback was also a 4-star recruit at the time he committed to EMU. Never turned out to be better than an average MAC QB at best.

He never had the supporting cast at EMU. Takes more than just a skilled QB, you have to have an OL and WRers to help him achieve his best. Roback would have done much better at MSU or UM with solid supporting cast around him.
(This post was last modified: 12-22-2017 12:06 AM by BroncoPhilly.)
12-22-2017 12:06 AM
Advertisement

Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

(12-22-2017 12:06 AM)BroncoPhilly Wrote:  
Quote:Brogan Roback was also a 4-star recruit at the time he committed to EMU. Never turned out to be better than an average MAC QB at best.

He never had the supporting cast at EMU. Takes more than just a skilled QB, you have to have an OL and WRers to help him achieve his best. Roback would have done much better at MSU or UM with solid supporting cast around him.

Roback had some players there, I disagree.

He would’ve gotten eaten alive in the Big Ten. Third string at best.
12-22-2017 07:44 AM
BuickBronco Offline
Special Teams

[/quote]
Gruden only talks to QB's on their way to the NFL...
[/quote]

Apparently, you haven't seen his work with HS QB's and his HS football camps. He interviews these kids on a regular basis. Some of his camp work is on YouTube.

This kid going to Toledo was recruited by some high profile Pro style offense schools in the SEC, ACC and PAC12 including Washington. His is several notches ahead of Stewart, Robach or any recent MAC QB recruit. I'll bet he becomes one of the few or only Freshman QB getting many minutes next year. Just like the Reed kid coming to WMU. These P5 recruits don't come to MAC schools to ride the pine.
12-22-2017 11:38 AM
Stampede your face!! Offline
All American

Gruden only talks to QB's on their way to the NFL...
[/quote]

Apparently, you haven't seen his work with HS QB's and his HS football camps. He interviews these kids on a regular basis. Some of his camp work is on YouTube.

This kid going to Toledo was recruited by some high profile Pro style offense schools in the SEC, ACC and PAC12 including Washington. His is several notches ahead of Stewart, Robach or any recent MAC QB recruit. I'll bet he becomes one of the few or only Freshman QB getting many minutes next year. Just like the Reed kid coming to WMU. These P5 recruits don't come to MAC schools to ride the pine.
[/quote]

Bradley is a very talented QB. It's a huge get for the Rockets, and I wouldn't be surprised if he is starting next year for them.
12-22-2017 12:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.