Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Anonymous donor offers free AZBowl tickets to LCPS employees
Bookmark and Share
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Anonymous donor offers free AZBowl tickets to LCPS employees
Quote:LAS CRUCES - Tommy Esparza said he has been a "die-hard Aggie fan" since he attended New Mexico State University in the mid-1980s.

Now he will get to see his beloved team play in its first bowl game since 1960, ending a 57-year drought.

"I've only missed two home games," Esparza said in his 30-plus years of being a fan. "It's exciting."

Esparza, a physical education teacher at Central Elementary School, is one of 3,200 Las Cruces Public School employees that has the opportunity to attend the Arizona Bowl in Tucson for free thanks to an anonymous donor.

The donation allows for all LCPS full-time employees to receive two tickets to attend the game, with a total of 6,400 tickets available. Each ticket is worth $25, giving the donation a possible value of $160,000.

Esparza said it is "very humbling" such a donation would come in and that it is "a blessing" that someone would donate specifically to LCPS educators. He also said he plans to attend the game with his family, including his son who is an NMSU student.

"I have been taking (my son) to the games since he was in a bassinet," Esparza said.

The Central Elementary teacher said he and his family plan to attend all the pregame festivities, and he said he knows of other local educators and community members that are planning to do the same thing.

The Aggies football team became bowl eligible after their 22-17 victory against South Alabama on Dec. 2, and made history when the Arizona Bowl invited them the next day. NMSU will play Utah State for the bowl title in Tucson on Dec. 29.

"I just hope as many people who can attend go," Esparza said. "I think we'll show them what Aggies are all about."

Jo Galvan, spokeswoman for LCPS, said it was a surprise when they received a call from the NMSU athletics department letting them know an anonymous benefactor was interested in offering the donation.

"It recognizes the effort of our teachers and staff," Galvan said. "It's a great early Christmas gift."

In order to receive the tickets, the employees have to login with their employee email and a specific pass code, Galvan said. Galvan added that this was the first time something like this has happened.

"It's so great to support the Aggies and give something to our faculty who work so hard all year," Galvan said.

http://www.lcsun-news.com/story/news/edu...2298936a50
12-20-2017 12:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Michael in Raleigh Offline
All American

I Root For: App State
RE: Anonymous donor offers free AZBowl tickets to LCPS employees
(12-20-2017 12:52 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  
Quote:LAS CRUCES - Tommy Esparza said he has been a "die-hard Aggie fan" since he attended New Mexico State University in the mid-1980s.

Now he will get to see his beloved team play in its first bowl game since 1960, ending a 57-year drought.

"I've only missed two home games," Esparza said in his 30-plus years of being a fan. "It's exciting."

Esparza, a physical education teacher at Central Elementary School, is one of 3,200 Las Cruces Public School employees that has the opportunity to attend the Arizona Bowl in Tucson for free thanks to an anonymous donor.

The donation allows for all LCPS full-time employees to receive two tickets to attend the game, with a total of 6,400 tickets available. Each ticket is worth $25, giving the donation a possible value of $160,000.

Esparza said it is "very humbling" such a donation would come in and that it is "a blessing" that someone would donate specifically to LCPS educators. He also said he plans to attend the game with his family, including his son who is an NMSU student.

"I have been taking (my son) to the games since he was in a bassinet," Esparza said.

The Central Elementary teacher said he and his family plan to attend all the pregame festivities, and he said he knows of other local educators and community members that are planning to do the same thing.

The Aggies football team became bowl eligible after their 22-17 victory against South Alabama on Dec. 2, and made history when the Arizona Bowl invited them the next day. NMSU will play Utah State for the bowl title in Tucson on Dec. 29.

"I just hope as many people who can attend go," Esparza said. "I think we'll show them what Aggies are all about."

Jo Galvan, spokeswoman for LCPS, said it was a surprise when they received a call from the NMSU athletics department letting them know an anonymous benefactor was interested in offering the donation.

"It recognizes the effort of our teachers and staff," Galvan said. "It's a great early Christmas gift."

In order to receive the tickets, the employees have to login with their employee email and a specific pass code, Galvan said. Galvan added that this was the first time something like this has happened.

"It's so great to support the Aggies and give something to our faculty who work so hard all year," Galvan said.

http://www.lcsun-news.com/story/news/edu...2298936a50

Awesome generosity!
12-20-2017 01:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
Good deal, now go enjoy the game, and WIN!!!

You NMSU don't be strangers over here, you guys have games scheduled with a few SBC teams over the next few years, so stay here.
12-20-2017 09:25 PM
bullitt_60 Offline
All American

I Root For: Ga Southern
That's awesome! I'm looking forward to this one and am rooting hard for the Aggies!

(12-20-2017 09:25 PM)Usajags Wrote:  You NMSU don't be strangers over here, you guys have games scheduled with a few SBC teams over the next few years, so stay here.

Completely agree. 04-cheers
12-20-2017 10:30 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Quote:LAS CRUCES, N.M. (KRQE) – Las Cruces city employees will get a day off if they support their Aggies.

The New Mexico State Aggies are going to their first bowl game in 57 years and City Manager Stuart Ed wants to make sure people are there to cheer them on.

Ed is telling city employees if they buy a ticket to the game, he will authorize an administrative day off.

http://krqe.com/blog/2017/12/20/las-cruc...bowl-game/
12-21-2017 12:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

troutbummike Offline
1st String

I Root For: Appalachian State
This went like this for me. "Oh ok cool, some rich dude donat................ BUTTS!"
12-21-2017 02:21 PM
OsageJ Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte
(12-21-2017 02:21 PM)troutbummike Wrote:  This went like this for me. "Oh ok cool, some rich dude donat................ BUTTS!"

Salute!!!
12-21-2017 06:36 PM
Pounce FTW Offline
All American

I Root For: GSU - MU - AU
(12-21-2017 02:21 PM)troutbummike Wrote:  This went like this for me. "Oh ok cool, some rich dude donat................ BUTTS!"

Don't most of your sentences end that way, though?

EDIT: Oh, and this is really cool for NMSU and Las Cruces...!
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2017 09:14 PM by Pounce FTW.)
12-21-2017 09:13 PM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
Fill that stadium up, and show bowl reps you guys are able to sell the tickets. Hopefully you guys get a secondary sign in to a bowl somewhere so if you guys get bowl eligible you have a place to go.

I wouldn't be disappointed if NMSU and the SBC signed a deal similar to the ND/ACC deal for football. It could actually help the SBC keep their bowl numbers up by having an extra part time member.
12-22-2017 09:46 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.