WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The Harvard of Isabella County
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: America
The Harvard of Isabella County
So when you have the 8th ranked recruiting class in the MAC you blame it on the difficulty of your School of Motel Management?? 03-drunk03-lmfao

Western graduating Doctors, lawyers, engineers, pilots, business leaders. Dumbbell Tech is 20 million in the hole because they can’t finance the Clem Caddidlhopper School of Medicine.

How to use the vacancy sign 101. Bait Shop Management 200. Canoe Livery logistics 300. Pro Shop marketing 305.

“We’d have recruited him but our standards are too high 03-lmfao03-lmfao
[Image: 293ixas.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 12-16-2017 02:01 PM by Chipdip2.)
12-16-2017 01:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

RE: The Harvard of Isabella County
Wait........so Davis didn’t join his brother because he didn’t have the grades to get into University of Phoenix North? Yet he was offered by Iowa and left with a degree. Or maybe Enos was an idiot 03-puke
12-16-2017 01:58 PM
goldsworth Offline
1st String

I Root For: WMU
Bono needs to up his Alpha
(This post was last modified: 12-16-2017 03:46 PM by goldsworth.)
12-16-2017 03:31 PM
ColinApocalypse Offline

I don't know much about Chip1RO, but he seems to be a very bitter person. As if a Bronco stole his girlfriend at some point or something like that. Every single post he makes somehow has to bash WMU. The way he talks, it's as if WMU is on par with community colleges and CMU is waiting for their Ivy League invite. He's just sad and delusional.
(This post was last modified: 12-16-2017 03:57 PM by ColinApocalypse.)
12-16-2017 03:56 PM
PezKingGL1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Wmu
(12-16-2017 03:56 PM)ColinApocalypse Wrote:  I don't know much about Chip1RO, but he seems to be a very bitter person. As if a Bronco stole his girlfriend at some point or something like that. Every single post he makes somehow has to bash WMU. The way he talks, it's as if WMU is on par with community colleges and CMU is waiting for their Ivy League invite. He's just sad and delusional.

It's not just bashing either. There is some deep seeded hatred there. Like on a psychologically disturbed level.
12-16-2017 04:02 PM
ColinApocalypse Offline

(12-16-2017 04:02 PM)PezKingGL1 Wrote:  
(12-16-2017 03:56 PM)ColinApocalypse Wrote:  I don't know much about Chip1RO, but he seems to be a very bitter person. As if a Bronco stole his girlfriend at some point or something like that. Every single post he makes somehow has to bash WMU. The way he talks, it's as if WMU is on par with community colleges and CMU is waiting for their Ivy League invite. He's just sad and delusional.

It's not just bashing either. There is some deep seeded hatred there. Like on a psychologically disturbed level.

I agree. There is a general fun "hatred" between the two fan bases like with every rivalry, but he takes it to another level. The type of person that hopes for a tragedy to occur at the rival school.

Hard to believe there are grown men that act like this.
(This post was last modified: 12-16-2017 04:07 PM by ColinApocalypse.)
12-16-2017 04:07 PM
Advertisement

Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

Wouldn’t single him out. They’re 70% slappies. A three game win streak in any sport is the beginning of a dynasty with these guys. Getting any recruit is the mark of a monster class, never mind they were the only offer.

The 8 game losing streak last year when the little ball hog was jacking up 50 was the best.
12-16-2017 08:06 PM
broncofan1 Offline
All American

I Root For: Broncos
They can't come close to us in engineering, business, communication, international anything, fine arts, law, or med school. The delusion is real up there.
12-16-2017 09:47 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

(12-16-2017 01:46 PM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  So when you have the 8th ranked recruiting class in the MAC you blame it on the difficulty of your School of Motel Management?? 03-drunk03-lmfao

Western graduating Doctors, lawyers, engineers, pilots, business leaders. Dumbbell Tech is 20 million in the hole because they can’t finance the Clem Caddidlhopper School of Medicine.

How to use the vacancy sign 101. Bait Shop Management 200. Canoe Livery logistics 300. Pro Shop marketing 305.

“We’d have recruited him but our standards are too high 03-lmfao03-lmfao
[Image: 293ixas.jpg]

New retread enrolls at University of Phoenix North. Khalil Pimplton, a 2017 graduate of Muskegon HS is leaving VaTech. 5’8” 170 pound Pimplton has 4 catches for 5 yards. Hopefully he’ll be able to handle the rigors of CMU.
12-16-2017 10:14 PM
broncojohnny Offline
1st String

Check out who happens to be a PHI BETA KAPPA University......Some of you may not be aware of this EARNED honor for WMU...

https://www.pbk.org/web/PBK_Member/Chapt...y_New.aspx

An overview of PHI BETA KAPPA history...

https://www.pbk.org/WEB/PBK_Member/About...1a6b1ed3a6

The fact that cmu is no where wear near sniffing distance of this list tells you all you need to know...
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2017 08:14 AM by broncojohnny.)
12-17-2017 08:07 AM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

So now Dr. Dumbell wants to compare Med schools.

University of Phoenix North was built on a 25 million dollar loan, that has left them 20 million in debt. It was cobbled together in an existing janitors closet, and is affiliated with a small regional hospital 25 miles away.

Conversely the Homer Stryker Med School was built with 165 million in donations from 3 billionaire donors. It is spitting distance from two world class hospitals.

[Image: 2aam1sp.jpg]
12-17-2017 11:04 AM
Advertisement

GullLake Offline
Support Hong Kong protesters!

I Root For: Joe Manchin
CMU has become a shabby school.

Its Leadership Institute is more concerned about advancing extreme left-wing ideology than producing thoughtful, disciplined leaders. It has contempt for religion and military. Scary place for anyone who is independent or conservative. No room for dialog.

Granted, WMU has its leftist wing-nuts, but there is room, and respect, for other views.
12-17-2017 11:13 AM
ColinApocalypse Offline

How can you even compare the two med schools? WMU's is affiliated with two great hospitals in Bronson and Borgess that happen to be right down the road. They also work with the Battle Creek VA medical center and other regional healthcare institutions.

What do they have in Mt. Pee? Jack squat.
12-17-2017 11:29 AM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

(12-17-2017 11:29 AM)ColinApocalypse Wrote:  How can you even compare the two med schools? WMU's is affiliated with two great hospitals in Bronson and Borgess that happen to be right down the road. They also work with the Battle Creek VA medical center and other regional healthcare institutions.

What do they have in Mt. Pee? Jack squat.

They go to Midland.
12-17-2017 12:57 PM
BroncoPhilly Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(12-16-2017 08:06 PM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  Wouldn’t single him out. They’re 70% slappies. A three game win streak in any sport is the beginning of a dynasty with these guys. Getting any recruit is the mark of a monster class, never mind they were the only offer.

The 8 game losing streak last year when the little ball hog was jacking up 50 was the best.

Chipdip is at his absolute best when taking Chimps down a peg or two. He finds centers of creativity in his brain he didn't know he had. Beckoning back to the Golden Days in our internet forum battles with the CMU convicts. 03-nutkick
12-17-2017 01:12 PM
BroncoPhilly Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(12-17-2017 11:13 AM)GullLake Wrote:  CMU has become a shabby school.

Its Leadership Institute is more concerned about advancing extreme left-wing ideology than producing thoughtful, disciplined leaders. It has contempt for religion and military. Scary place for anyone who is independent or conservative. No room for dialog.

Granted, WMU has its leftist wing-nuts, but there is room, and respect, for other views.

Very true. WMU has Democrats for our leadership posts currently, but they're old-school Democrats who believe in accomplishment, values and fulfilling a mission with our university. Not the new-wave Democrats who don't believe in much of anything except intolerance for traditional views.

As a conservative I was initially apprehensive with the selection of President Montgomery, with his strong connections to the Clinton and Obama Administrations. But, I think he values the things I noted above and has a vision for Western. And he's smart enough to know he has to court Alumni Donors from ALL political persuasions.

Per our Medical School, WMU did it right. We determined how much money we needed to run a first class school, then lined up donors for the money and in-kind materials we needed to make that happen. And it was ALL private donors, no state money that can't be relied on for much longer. I'm really proud of how WMU put it together and executed their concept. We're even granting MD degrees, not DO degrees like MSU-hence, we have our niche, we're not sucking anyone's exhaust in the effort to place physicians in the state. Doing it right, right, right.

CMU relies on state money for their Medical School, because the put together the concept very shabbily. Other than to get a Medical school before arch rival Western, they really had no strategic plan. As Dip notes, that school is likely not going to last because they lack funding. I predict the state will ask CMU leadership to fold their school into Western's or MSU's, because currently it's not viable. You heard it here first.
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2017 01:24 PM by BroncoPhilly.)
12-17-2017 01:22 PM
Advertisement

broncojohnny Offline
1st String

We started out with $100,000,000 from day one and added another $65,000,000 along the way....We took an existing Upjohn downtown research facility, gutted the place and put about $65,000,000 into it. We created a brand new state of the art facility....According to our MedSchool newsletter, we added another $27 or 28,000,000 this year in private donations....
Those folks have no idea of the disparities between our two schools....
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2017 02:31 PM by broncojohnny.)
12-17-2017 02:24 PM
okgc Offline
Heisman

(12-17-2017 01:22 PM)BroncoPhilly Wrote:  
(12-17-2017 11:13 AM)GullLake Wrote:  CMU has become a shabby school.

Very true. WMU has Democrats for our leadership posts currently, but they're old-school Democrats who believe in accomplishment, values and fulfilling a mission with our university. Not the new-wave Democrats who don't believe in much of anything except intolerance for traditional views.

As a conservative I was initially apprehensive with the selection of President Montgomery, with his strong connections to the Clinton and Obama Administrations. But, I think he values the things I noted above and has a vision for Western. And he's smart enough to know he has to court Alumni Donors from ALL political persuasions.

Per our Medical School, WMU did it right. We determined how much money we needed to run a first class school, then lined up donors for the money and in-kind materials we needed to make that happen. And it was ALL private donors, no state money that can't be relied on for much longer. I'm really proud of how WMU put it together and executed their concept. We're even granting MD degrees, not DO degrees like MSU-hence, we have our niche, we're not sucking anyone's exhaust in the effort to place physicians in the state. Doing it right, right, right.

CMU relies on state money for their Medical School, because the put together the concept very shabbily. Other than to get a Medical school before arch rival Western, they really had no strategic plan. As Dip notes, that school is likely not going to last because they lack funding. I predict the state will ask CMU leadership to fold their school into Western's or MSU's, because currently it's not viable. You heard it here first.

FWIW Slight correction to above: MSU offers both DO & MD degrees as they have two med schools.
12-17-2017 02:45 PM
broncofan1 Offline
All American

I Root For: Broncos
CMU's med school has a different - and needed - focus. They focus on rural health, something WMU will never do because of our research agenda, donors, and location. What they do up there is needed. It's very different from what we do. You will see our future doctors in the largest research hospitals in the world. Theirs will be specialized into rural areas throughout the country. I'm not bashing them for this, just pointing out the difference. Rural health has long been ignored by our education system.
12-17-2017 08:23 PM
GullLake Offline
Support Hong Kong protesters!

I Root For: Joe Manchin
(12-17-2017 08:23 PM)broncofan1 Wrote:  CMU's med school has a different - and needed - focus. They focus on rural health, something WMU will never do because of our research agenda, donors, and location. What they do up there is needed. It's very different from what we do. You will see our future doctors in the largest research hospitals in the world. Theirs will be specialized into rural areas throughout the country. I'm not bashing them for this, just pointing out the difference. Rural health has long been ignored by our education system.

You raise good points.

However, despite the emphasis, there is nothing that requires CMU med school graduates to practice in rural areas. They are just as free to work in suburban/urban settings, or leave the State entirely, as graduates of any other school.

There is no reason to believe that CMU med school graduates will help address the rural health care problem any more than current graduates from UM, MSU and WSU. Its med school is a "Me too!" duplication and probably won't survive, as previous posters have pointed out.

Frankly, with MSU being the land grant institution with an extension service, you would think it would be the one placing emphasis on rural care.
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2017 08:58 PM by GullLake.)
12-17-2017 08:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.