Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

R U puilling for or against teams playing in bowls other than NIU?
Bookmark and Share
nucyberdawg Offline
2nd String

I Root For: NIU
R U puilling for or against teams playing in bowls other than NIU?
Have a favorite or disliked team in final four playoff bowl games?

What about unbeaten UCF ? Remember when we played one another occasionally?

How about fellow MAC schools in bowl games? R U likely to watch any?

R their fans likely to watch NIU?

Does not appear MAC fans have much of a brotherhood vrs outsiders like found in many conferences.

Way too many bowl games (6) in all to be played starting on Saturday Dec 16.

Broadcast time for Dec 26 we are fortunately sandwiched in between only two other high profile bowl games featuring both UTAH in early game (2018 NIU opponent) and UCLA in the late game.
(This post was last modified: 12-15-2017 11:52 PM by nucyberdawg.)
12-15-2017 11:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Dtownboys Offline
1st String

RE: R U puilling for or against teams playing in bowls other than NIU?
I'll be pulling for the MAC teams in bowl games. Helps to have a good showing. Obviously our game is the one I really care about. I try to watch all the bowl games and don't remember having this many games on the opening Saturday. It will nice to have a backup game if one of them is a blowout though. 6 games include the FCS matchup which gets forced coverage. I don't understand why it's included in the fbs bowl schedule. Those teams choose to not participate in the FCS playoff and instead create a bowl game. I think it should be played at a different date and kept off the bowl game schedule.
(This post was last modified: 12-16-2017 12:45 AM by Dtownboys.)
12-16-2017 12:44 AM
Milwaukee Pilot Offline
1st String

(12-15-2017 11:11 PM)nucyberdawg Wrote:  Have a favorite or disliked team in final four playoff bowl games?

Does not appear MAC fans have much of a brotherhood vrs outsiders like found in many conferences.

Broadcast time for Dec 26 we are fortunately sandwiched in between only two other high profile bowl games featuring both UTAH in early game (2018 NIU opponent) and UCLA in the late game.

Only real reasons to watch any game before New Year's (in no particular order):

---Background noise
---In a crazy pool with 40+ games
---Degenerate gambler (I kinda like NC A&T only giving 7)
---Hope for some crazy finish or good final drive

Couple that I will watch, but have no cheering interest for/against any team other than for NIU.
12-16-2017 10:00 AM
Advertisement

houstonhuskie Offline
All American

I will watch all Mac teams and most of the Texas schools. I’ll root for all the Mac guys, all the Texas teams except for AM WHICH I ABHOR. I’ll watch and root for any game that has a little guy playing a big five. And I’ll be hoping that Oklahoma takes it to the other threewho I have no use for.
12-16-2017 03:29 PM
randyfensfanclub1 Offline
All American

(12-16-2017 10:00 AM)Milwaukee Pilot Wrote:  
(12-15-2017 11:11 PM)nucyberdawg Wrote:  Have a favorite or disliked team in final four playoff bowl games?

---Background noise

Couple that I will watch, but have no cheering interest for/against any team other than for NIU.

Doesn't that pretty much cover ANY sporting event? Outside of women's curling, which is the greatest Olympic team sport. Well at least Winter Olympics.
12-16-2017 03:35 PM
Advertisement

cawoo22 Offline
Northern Yankee Prick

I Root For: The NIU Huskies
I love bowl season. Sitting around during the holidays and watching the last college football I'll get to see for 8 months, I like to enjoy every moment I can.

The games don't matter and I think it's a fool's errand to draw any conclusions from how teams play a single game after having been off for a month or more.

I root for MAC teams. Well, actually, since I don't like any of the bastards besides NIU, I "hate-root" for them. I approach every game with a MAC team like, "Look. I don't ask you f&^%ers for anything all year. Just this once, try not to let everybody down." That way, I can cheer their accomplishments while still calling them names when they fail.

I'll legitimately root for Louisiana Tech in the Frisco Bowl. I made friends with a few of their fans down at the Independence Bowl and always keep an eye open for them.
12-17-2017 09:19 AM
BDB5yp Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU Huskies
I’m really pulling for the Huskies, but we need some wins from our conference friends. Nothing worst than seeing the conference records after all the bowl games conclude.
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2017 09:26 AM by BDB5yp.)
12-17-2017 09:20 AM
Advertisement

Milwaukee Pilot Offline
1st String

(12-16-2017 03:35 PM)randyfensfanclub1 Wrote:  
(12-16-2017 10:00 AM)Milwaukee Pilot Wrote:  

---Background noise

Doesn't that pretty much cover ANY sporting event? Outside of women's curling, which is the greatest Olympic team sport. Well at least Winter Olympics.

So true----I was glued to the TV Thursday and Friday night watching mixed doubles curling Olympic qualifiers. I had NO idea what was really going on.
12-17-2017 09:57 AM
Skinut Offline
1st String

Can you spell?
12-17-2017 12:11 PM
Advertisement

NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
I was rooting for Boise St.

And Herbstreit (an announcer for the game) is still a total a**.
12-17-2017 01:12 PM
huskie1stdown Offline
Heisman

I will watch the MAC games but expect us to pull an 0 for.
12-17-2017 05:54 PM
Dtownboys Offline
1st String

(12-17-2017 09:19 AM)cawoo22 Wrote:  I love bowl season. Sitting around during the holidays and watching the last college football I'll get to see for 8 months, I like to enjoy every moment I can.

The games don't matter and I think it's a fool's errand to draw any conclusions from how teams play a single game after having been off for a month or more.

I root for MAC teams. Well, actually, since I don't like any of the bastards besides NIU, I "hate-root" for them. I approach every game with a MAC team like, "Look. I don't ask you f&^%ers for anything all year. Just this once, try not to let everybody down." That way, I can cheer their accomplishments while still calling them names when they fail.

I'll legitimately root for Louisiana Tech in the Frisco Bowl. I made friends with a few of their fans down at the Independence Bowl and always keep an eye open for them.

That kind of sums up how I feel. I'll watch all games if I can. I love the hate root analogy. So true. I'm sure they feel the same about us since we have a bowl losing streak. I usually am thinking "don't embarrass us" about the other MAC teams. We have built the league rep during regular season for years but it's time we start finishing the season with a W
12-17-2017 09:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.