Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

STR - Vols Lost Two 4-Star QBs Commitments Yesterday
Bookmark and Share
Tigx Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Sanity
STR - Vols Lost Two 4-Star QBs Commitments Yesterday
Adrian Martinez from California flipped his commitment from Tennessee to Scott Frost and Nebraska. Micheal Penix from Florida also de-committed, has visited USF and got an offer from Florida State. Penix thought TN no longer wanted him. Apparently Tennessee is bringing in for an official visit Cal QB commit JT Shrout, who new Tennessee OC Tyson Helton recruited while at USC.

No too long ago the Vols had the #5 class in the country - seems incredible since it was so unbelievably obvious that Butch couldn't coach a lick - but has now dropped to 46th. Only 10 total commits, and 5 de-commits since Pruitt was hired last week.

Recent Saturday Down South podcast was pretty vicious towards Phil Fulmer. Said his coup worked, undercut the coach search, got his AD fired, and then took the job. But that SEC opponents are laughing, because they don't think Fulmer is up to the AD job. And, worse, he torpedoed the imminent Mike Leach hire because he didn't want a high-powered coach to take over, who might take away some of the spotlight from Fulmer.

Also, SDS said no surprise that Fulmer hired a relative unknown - last 3 candidates were all defensive coordinators - because Fulmer intends to be very involved with the team, and no established coach would allow that.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out, and if Memphis and Norvell can continue to take advantage.
12-14-2017 02:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bathtub Gin Offline
All American

I Root For: Free Market
RE: STR - Vols Lost Two 4-Star QBs Commitments Yesterday
Penix haha
12-14-2017 02:18 PM
midtowncowboy Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(12-14-2017 02:12 PM)Tigx Wrote:  Adrian Martinez from California flipped his commitment from Tennessee to Scott Frost and Nebraska. Micheal Penix from Florida also de-committed, has visited USF and got an offer from Florida State. Penix thought TN no longer wanted him. Apparently Tennessee is bringing in for an official visit Cal QB commit JT Shrout, who new Tennessee OC Tyson Helton recruited while at USC.

No too long ago the Vols had the #5 class in the country - seems incredible since it was so unbelievably obvious that Butch couldn't coach a lick - but has now dropped to 46th. Only 10 total commits, and 5 de-commits since Pruitt was hired last week.

Recent Saturday Down South podcast was pretty vicious towards Phil Fulmer. Said his coup worked, undercut the coach search, got his AD fired, and then took the job. But that SEC opponents are laughing, because they don't think Fulmer is up to the AD job. And, worse, he torpedoed the imminent Mike Leach hire because he didn't want a high-powered coach to take over, who might take away some of the spotlight from Fulmer.

Also, SDS said no surprise that Fulmer hired a relative unknown - last 3 candidates were all defensive coordinators - because Fulmer intends to be very involved with the team, and no established coach would allow that.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out, and if Memphis and Norvell can continue to take advantage.

Why is this posted on MemphisTigers.org?
12-14-2017 02:18 PM
Tigx Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-14-2017 02:18 PM)midtowncowboy Wrote:  
(12-14-2017 02:12 PM)Tigx Wrote:  Adrian Martinez from California flipped his commitment from Tennessee to Scott Frost and Nebraska. Micheal Penix from Florida also de-committed, has visited USF and got an offer from Florida State. Penix thought TN no longer wanted him. Apparently Tennessee is bringing in for an official visit Cal QB commit JT Shrout, who new Tennessee OC Tyson Helton recruited while at USC.

Knew some thread police guy would have to jump in. Dude, don't read it if your don't want to.

If you don't find it interesting, and can't seem to grasp how a failing Vol football program helps the Tigers, then I can't help you.
12-14-2017 02:20 PM
btiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
CrappiesDonators
(12-14-2017 02:20 PM)Tigx Wrote:  

Knew some thread police guy would have to jump in. Dude, don't read it if your don't want to.

If you don't find it interesting, and can't seem to grasp how a failing Vol football program helps the Tigers, then I can't help you.

I'd love to hear how "a failing vol football program helps the tigers".....
12-14-2017 02:27 PM
Tigx Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-14-2017 02:27 PM)btiger Wrote:  

How about our Freshman All-Amercan TJ Carter and Obinna Eze? Two 4 star commits from Nashville last February.

How about you go back to telling us how we are losing our football coach every 10 minutes? Or telling us how Hugh Freeze won't get fired?
(This post was last modified: 12-14-2017 02:32 PM by Tigx.)
12-14-2017 02:31 PM
Advertisement

btiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
CrappiesDonators
(12-14-2017 02:31 PM)Tigx Wrote:  

How about our Freshman All-Amercan TJ Carter and Obinna Eze? Two 4 star commits from Nashville last February.

How about you go back to telling us how we are losing our football coach every 10 minutes? Or telling us how Hugh Freeze won't get fired?

we don't compete with Tennessee for recruits
12-14-2017 02:32 PM
Tigx Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-14-2017 02:32 PM)btiger Wrote:  
(12-14-2017 02:18 PM)midtowncowboy Wrote:  Why is this posted on MemphisTigers.org?

And why exactly would anyone listen to you about anything?
12-14-2017 02:33 PM
btiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
CrappiesDonators
(12-14-2017 02:33 PM)Tigx Wrote:  
(12-14-2017 02:20 PM)Tigx Wrote:  Knew some thread police guy would have to jump in. Dude, don't read it if your don't want to.

And why exactly would anyone listen to you about anything?

cuz I just keep it real
12-14-2017 02:39 PM
ddramone Offline
All American

I Root For:

Easier ticket sales for the 'newly born' Tiger fan who USED to be a bandwagon UT fan and Lord knows there's a ton of them in the Memphis are. I will gladly take their money to help build our program and they help the optics of the Liberty Bowl by helping it get closer to capacity.
12-14-2017 02:42 PM
AlonsoWDC Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
If a four-star QB recruit decommits from Tennessee and is now interested in South Florida, it very much hurts us.

Way to go, everyone in this thread. You the real MVPs.
12-14-2017 02:43 PM
Advertisement

MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-14-2017 02:27 PM)btiger Wrote:  I'd love to hear how "a failing vol football program helps the tigers".....

It helps me by providing one giant circus to laugh hysterically at throughout the fall.
12-14-2017 02:54 PM
danny1 Offline
All American

(12-14-2017 02:18 PM)midtowncowboy Wrote:  Why is this posted on MemphisTigers.org?

Really? We signed Eze and Carter who both had Tennessee offers last year. We also had one of our QB commits (McBride) flip to Tennessee.

Do you just like to stir up trouble or are you really that dense?
12-14-2017 02:56 PM
btiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
CrappiesDonators
(12-14-2017 02:56 PM)danny1 Wrote:  
(12-14-2017 02:20 PM)Tigx Wrote:  Knew some thread police guy would have to jump in. Dude, don't read it if your don't want to.

Really? We signed Eze and Carter who both had Tennessee offers last year. We also had one of our QB commits (McBride) flip to Tennessee.

Do you just like to stir up trouble or are you really that dense?

are you sure they had offers?
12-14-2017 02:57 PM
Tigerbythetail Offline
Special Teams

(12-14-2017 02:43 PM)AlonsoWDC Wrote:  If a four-star QB recruit decommits from Tennessee and is now interested in South Florida, it very much hurts us.

Way to go, everyone in this thread. You the real MVPs.

Not sure how bad it hurts if he flips to USF.... if anyone can waste talent it's Charlie Strong
12-14-2017 02:58 PM
midtowncowboy Offline
Heisman

You can't answer the question so you attack me. I care about the Memphis Tigers. I do not care about the Tennessee Volunteers. My question again is why are you posting about players decommitting from UT on a board that is about the Memphis Tigers. To insinuating our Tigers are 'propped up' by UT is going through turmoil is crazy. It has ZERO to do with our programs success, failure, stature or perception in the state or outside of the state. It has almost ZERO impact on our recruiting. Like it or not, we cannot successfully recruit about 90% of the players TN successfully recruits. Its just the way it is right now.
(This post was last modified: 12-14-2017 03:19 PM by midtowncowboy.)
12-14-2017 03:16 PM
Advertisement

btiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
CrappiesDonators
(12-14-2017 03:16 PM)midtowncowboy Wrote:  

You can't answer the question so you attack me. I care about the Memphis Tigers. I do not care about the Tennessee Volunteers. My question again is why are you posting about players decommitting from UT on a board that is about the Memphis Tigers. Somehow UT going through turmoil is supposed to prop up our Tigers. It has ZERO to do with our programs success, failure, stature or perception in the state or outside of the state. It has almost ZERO impact on our recruiting. Like it or not, we cannot successfully recruit about 90% of the players TN successfully recruits. Its just the way it is right now.

careful...he was really ugly to me when I asked
12-14-2017 03:18 PM
presskh Offline
Heisman

(12-14-2017 02:18 PM)Bathtub Gin Wrote:  Penix haha

Florida is, for sure, one state where it’s handy to have a top-notch “Penix”.
12-14-2017 03:18 PM
Tigx Offline
Hall of Famer

You can't answer the question so you attack me. I care about the Memphis Tigers. I do not care about the Tennessee Volunteers. My question again is why are you posting about players decommitting from UT on a board that is about the Memphis Tigers. Somehow UT going through turmoil is supposed to prop up our Tigers. It has ZERO to do with our programs success, failure, stature or perception in the state or outside of the state. It has almost ZERO impact on our recruiting. Like it or not, we cannot successfully recruit about 90% of the players TN successfully recruits. Its just the way it is right now.

And yet you came back to the same thread after unilaterally deciding it shouldn't be on this forum. This time you even capitalized words.

Again, dude, no one is forcing you to read anything. Or comment, twice, on the thing you claim to have no interest in.
12-14-2017 03:20 PM
midtowncowboy Offline
Heisman

(12-14-2017 03:20 PM)Tigx Wrote:  

And yet you came back to the same thread after unilaterally deciding it shouldn't be on this forum. This time you even capitalized words.

Again, dude, no one is forcing you to read anything. Or comment, twice, on the thing you claim to have no interest in.

More attacks on the messenger because .....

As I stated, I have interests in the Memphis Tigers. I'm on MemphisTigers.org and was wondering why there are so many "Vols Suck" clownish threads that somehow are supposed to be related to the Memphis Tigers. The Tigers are not propped up by the logic of "Well if UT sucks, that means Memphis is better'. If in your opinion the Vols suck so bad, why do you concern yourself with them and post on their board. Do you have the same concerns for MTSU or ETSU? If so take it to their boards. Not the Memphis Tigers board.
(This post was last modified: 12-14-2017 03:29 PM by midtowncowboy.)
12-14-2017 03:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.