Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UCF sold out Peach Bowl allotment in one day
st932253 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Knights
UCF sold out Peach Bowl allotment in one day
https://auburn.247sports.com/Article/UCF...-111768761

“I just got a call late night, UCF sold out their total allotment of 12,500 in their first day of sales, so UCF is fired up,” Peach Bowl CEO and president Gary Stokan said. “That’s got a record in the CFP era. I don’t know that anybody sold out in first day of sales.”
12-05-2017 10:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

KnightLight Offline
Legend

I Root For: UCF
RE: UCF sold out Peach Bowl allotment in one day
Way to go Knight Nation!!
12-05-2017 10:17 AM
KNIGHTTIME Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: '17 Natty Champ
A lot of disappointed people soon. Tickets are going to be selling for $400+ in the lower bowl soon.
12-05-2017 10:27 AM
ArmoredUpKnight Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF Knights
LOL why is Auburn announcing that UCF sold it's allotment already?

I know the main story in Orlando is the coaching search... just think its weird Auburn is monitoring our allotment numbers.

100% expect Auburn fans to outnumber UCF fans.

All this proves is that UCF fans are used to buying from the UCF website versus going directly to ticketmaster.
12-05-2017 10:31 AM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
(12-05-2017 10:27 AM)KNIGHTTIME Wrote:  A lot of disappointed people soon. Tickets are going to be selling for $400+ in the lower bowl soon.

That's what I paid. $400 plus another $100 for BS fees, but I'm on the front row.
12-05-2017 10:35 AM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
Hopefully they'll invite us back to Atlanta for a kick off classic.
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2017 10:36 AM by firmbizzle.)
12-05-2017 10:36 AM
Advertisement

Wooglin157 Offline
1st String

(12-05-2017 10:31 AM)ArmoredUpKnight Wrote:  LOL why is Auburn announcing that UCF sold it's allotment already?

I know the main story in Orlando is the coaching search... just think its weird Auburn is monitoring our allotment numbers.

100% expect Auburn fans to outnumber UCF fans.

All this proves is that UCF fans are used to buying from the UCF website versus going directly to ticketmaster.
lol what? It means that over 12,000 wanted to buy through UCF. We'll have tons more I'm sure that buys through secondary or from the bowl directly.

UCF fans are more than capable of buying through secondary. This isn't our first rodeo.
12-05-2017 10:38 AM
ArmoredUpKnight Offline
Heisman

(12-05-2017 10:36 AM)firmbizzle Wrote:  Hopefully they'll invite us back to Atlanta for a kick off classic.

For real!
12-05-2017 10:39 AM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
(12-05-2017 10:31 AM)ArmoredUpKnight Wrote:  LOL why is Auburn announcing that UCF sold it's allotment already?

What makes you think Auburn is announcing this? The announcement is from the Peach Bowl CEO.

Beyond that, though, this is instructive to the issue of motivation. For UCF, this Peach Bowl is a massive big deal, and the intense motivation of the UCF fan base in snapping up these official tickets is surely mirrored by the football team.

In contrast, you gotta figure that Auburn, which just days ago had won the Iron Bowl and was poised to win an SEC title and go to the playoffs, has to be crushed to be in the Peach Bowl, a massive disappointment for them.

And then to see that Alabama, their nemesis who they just beat, gets the last laugh by making the playoffs? Just awful.

So expect Auburn to sleepwalk through the game.
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2017 10:41 AM by quo vadis.)
12-05-2017 10:40 AM
vick mike Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple U
Awesome, way to represent, Knights!
12-05-2017 10:40 AM
Wooglin157 Offline
1st String

(12-05-2017 10:40 AM)quo vadis Wrote:  

What makes you think Auburn is announcing this? The announcement is from the Peach Bowl CEO.

Beyond that, though, this is instructive to the issue of motivation. For UCF, this Peach Bowl is a massive big deal, and the intense motivation of the UCF fan base in snapping up these official tickets is surely mirrored by the football team.

In contrast, you gotta figure that Auburn, which just days ago had won the Iron Bowl and was poised to win an SEC title and go to the playoffs, has to be crushed to be in the Peach Bowl, a massive disappointment for them.

And then to see that Alabama, their nemesis who they just beat, gets the last laugh by making the playoffs? Just awful.

Love when possible excuses pop up in the event of a loss before anything happens. Yes, these players will be thrilled to get beat on national TV I am sure.
12-05-2017 10:42 AM
Advertisement

ArmoredUpKnight Offline
Heisman

247 Auburn is a website for the Auburn fan base.

The website breaking news is a Auburn source.

If Auburn sleepwalks through the game... good. American will be 3-0 in NY6 bowl games.
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2017 10:50 AM by ArmoredUpKnight.)
12-05-2017 10:49 AM
fishman6581 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The Tigers
UCF just hired a coach, too. Fun time to be a Knight.
12-05-2017 10:49 AM
otown Offline
All American

I Root For: Florida
(12-05-2017 10:42 AM)Wooglin157 Wrote:  

Love when possible excuses pop up in the event of a loss before anything happens. Yes, these players will be thrilled to get beat on national TV I am sure.

Quo can't handle the fact that his corndogs have been irrelevant for quite some time. His Hoya's even longer. The conference that he hates and loves to ridicule is doing better. The USF bulls, who he trolls as being a fake fan, has been better as of late. And the team that he is supposed to hate (because he has to as a fictitious USF fan) is going to their second major bowl in 5 years, 2 more than his corndogs.

So yea, Quo doesnt have much to cheer in for lately. So all he can try doing is throwing negative dampers on this. Deep down, he is praying that Auburn beats UCF, not because he is a USF fan, far from one, but because he just hates the conference as a whole. So he is preparing a pillow on his landing spot in his pathetic sports realm if UCF comes on top.

Quo, carry on with the corndogs and coffee............. I know thats all you have 07-coffee3
12-05-2017 10:52 AM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
(12-05-2017 10:49 AM)ArmoredUpKnight Wrote:  

247 Auburn is a website for the Auburn fan base.

The website breaking news is a Auburn source.

Both are way-different from "Auburn announcing UCF ticket sales". Not the same thing at all. 07-coffee3
12-05-2017 12:24 PM
Coog Engineer Offline
1st String

I Root For: GO COOGS!
Man, Atlanta for the Peach Bowl was so much fun all the Coog fans that made the trip when we played it! Lot's of bars and restaurants near the stadium so be sure you Knights fans wear your colors proud around town!

I dunno what the new stadium looks like, but I hope y'all are nice and loud during the game!

Congrats and enjoy!
12-05-2017 01:18 PM
Advertisement

fishpro1098 Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple
(12-05-2017 10:00 AM)st932253 Wrote:  https://auburn.247sports.com/Article/UCF...-111768761

“I just got a call late night, UCF sold out their total allotment of 12,500 in their first day of sales, so UCF is fired up,” Peach Bowl CEO and president Gary Stokan said. “That’s got a record in the CFP era. I don’t know that anybody sold out in first day of sales.”

Wow. Just wow.
12-05-2017 01:34 PM
St. H. Gink Offline
All American

I Root For: CollegeFootball
The demand for tickets among our fan base is off the charts. In addition to selling out our allotment (via UCF), thousands more have had to buy them from Ticketmaster/StubHub. We've also had some UCF fans purchase tickets from the Auburn allotment by calling the Auburn ticket office. 03-lmfao

I'm stoked for the game and I can't wait to get to Atlanta!

07-coffee3
12-05-2017 06:17 PM
FonzKnight Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UCF

Hey quo, UCF just cured cancer!

Cancer was bored and wanted to be cured. Wasn't that tough anyway. You won't cure cancer again next year without your head coach.
12-05-2017 06:19 PM
otown Offline
All American

I Root For: Florida
(12-05-2017 06:19 PM)FonzKnight Wrote:  

Hey quo, UCF just cured cancer!

Cancer was bored and wanted to be cured. Wasn't that tough anyway. You won't cure cancer again next year without your head coach.

Actually more like
Cancer was not that big of a deal these days. If you think people were really that worried about it, you are more stupid than I thought. And I am really not that convinced that this cure will last, so it's even gonna be more of a pie on UCFs face down the road. Also, if you think this is gonna give more respect to UCF, I simply have a bridge to sell you as you are a complete moron. 07-coffee307-coffee307-coffee3
12-05-2017 07:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.