Grrrrr
12-03-2017 04:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Broncos83 Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU
RE: No Bowl...it’s official
So do we go from "#Let'sRide" to "#It'sOver"?
12-03-2017 04:37 PM
flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

Was really hoping for some extra practice and bonding time for this team and staff. Akron and CMU games loom large.
12-03-2017 04:41 PM
Stampede your face!! Offline
All American

(12-03-2017 04:37 PM)Broncos83 Wrote:  So do we go from "#Let'sRide" to "#It'sOver"?

Why would we not continue to ride? It's not the first time we've been disappointed as Bronco fans. Just look at this weekend alone. WMU men's and women's teams can't pull out close games. Both lose. Hockey gets swept. And now no bowl game.

Just a typical weekend as a Western fan.

But we move on, we'll fill up the excuse bus and get it ready for next year, and look forward to who we bring in as recruits this month and February.

I just know now to go into next year with tempered expectations and things will be great again.

#LetsRide
12-03-2017 04:44 PM
Wmufan715 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Wmu
12-03-2017 04:46 PM
Brindlee2015 Offline
2nd String

Kinda glad, in a way. Saw a picture of Steven's knee right after the Toledo game. Looked like it was worked over with an iron bar.
12-03-2017 05:13 PM
Advertisement

All American

(12-03-2017 05:13 PM)Brindlee2015 Wrote:  Kinda glad, in a way. Saw a picture of Steven's knee right after the Toledo game. Looked like it was worked over with an iron bar.

Lot's of guys injured that could use the rest, and let's be honest, our prospects for a good bowl and winning weren't all that great. I do think we could have used the extra practice time for our younger players though. That might be the most disappointing aspect of this right now.
12-03-2017 05:18 PM
EagleTough Offline
All American

I Root For: EMU
Wow. Fortunes change quickly in the MAC.
12-03-2017 05:21 PM
Brindlee2015 Offline
2nd String

(12-03-2017 05:21 PM)EagleTough Wrote:  Wow. Fortunes change quickly in the MAC.

I guess they do. I mean, did anyone think, at the beginning of the season, that Akron would be in the championship game?
12-03-2017 05:24 PM
Nacho Offline
Heisman

Remember when bowls actually meant something and rewarded you for a good season? Now they don't really mean **** unless you are in a NY6 bowl/CFP or have won your conference. 6-6 teams dont deserve a bowl in my opinion and its not a bowl game I would watch anyways. Good riddance. Focus on recruiting and healing up.
12-03-2017 05:32 PM
All American

Also sad that we don't get to watch some of these seniors suit up again, as well as sad for them they don't get to play again.
12-03-2017 05:39 PM
Advertisement

brovol Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/ARMY
(12-03-2017 05:21 PM)EagleTough Wrote:  Wow. Fortunes change quickly in the MAC.

True; at one time emu was a bottom feeder in the MAC, and now they are.......

....oh, my bad. I guess fortunes don't always change quickly. Sorry.
12-03-2017 05:41 PM
BroncoBen Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU Broncos!
From the Cotton Bowl....to No Bowl. I would say I'm pissed right about now, but it still doesn't compare to the way I felt when I walked out of Waldo after the Central debacle.
12-03-2017 05:45 PM
Flashboski Offline
1st String

Maybe we can give the soccer coach a raise now with the money saved from giving the band and free (and ridiculous) vacation by taking them to a bowl game had we made one.
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2017 05:47 PM by Flashboski.)
12-03-2017 05:45 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: America
(12-03-2017 04:46 PM)Wmufan715 Wrote:  https://twitter.com/tonypaul1984/status/...4834644992

What bowl are the Rodents going to?
#Skankasaurus #Goblesdumb #Brocoach
12-03-2017 05:51 PM
Broncos83 Offline
All American

I'd love to know how much or how hard the administration pushed or campaigned for a bowl bid. Probably hoped for one but I doubt they'd make any promises or commitments as to ticket sales or the like. Now they won't have to deal with all the second guessing or bitching that comes along with all the university funded expenses that come with these bowl bids. I know we (and other schools) have gotten quite a bit of bad press and exposure in the past when the numbers came out detailing how much we spent for the Texas Bowl, Potato Bowl or Bahamas Bowl. Saves a ton of defending of expenses down the line. Oh well, I'd have gone if we were invited but will save some bucks over the holiday as well. I wonder how excited the NIU fans are with their bowl?
12-03-2017 06:05 PM
Advertisement

wmubroncopilot Offline
Heisman

My understanding is that the MAC reworked things and now covers any shortfalls for bowl teams.

It is interesting though-- in the past I saw active campaigning from the AD for a bowl bid. Not this year, although I might've just missed it.
12-03-2017 06:07 PM
toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
Quote:I'd love to know how much or how hard the administration pushed or campaigned for a bowl bid.

We'd obviously bring more fans to Detroit than NIU. Nothing our admin can do about it. You don't have to tell the Detroit Bowl admin twice about that. It's just that CMU & NIU (and obviously Toledo & Akron) have to be picked first before us.

We needed another bowl opening. We only had 4 + 1 tie ins (Detroit bowl being the secondary). We needed a 6th. You can argue all you want, but our 2 only other secondary options -- AAC would have to want to Not go to 1 of them and send a team to a lesser bowl than those two instead. I guess WMU admin could have called on them for that, but they'd say F-U to the MAC, we'll do what we want to do.
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2017 06:10 PM by toddjnsn.)
12-03-2017 06:07 PM
EagleTough Offline
All American

I Root For: EMU
(12-03-2017 05:41 PM)brovol Wrote:  

True; at one time emu was a bottom feeder in the MAC, and now they are.......

....oh, my bad. I guess fortunes don't always change quickly. Sorry.

That's cute, I understand your anger. Funny thing though, EMU now on a level playing field with WMU. Let that truth sink in.
12-03-2017 06:15 PM
Broncos83 Offline
All American

I realize teams with winning records have to be picked before 6-6 teams but I'm surprised 10 CUSA teams got bids (far more than their tie-ins). Many thought 6-6 Western KY and MTSU but I'm sure they are far more appealing to the mid-south geographic bowls. Anyway, it is what it is. Who was the other 6-6 team left out? Us, Buffalo and someone else.
12-03-2017 06:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.