Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ACC and SEC title games - what we wanted, right?
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
ACC and SEC title games - what we wanted, right?
These games are structurally how we want a CCG to relate to the playoffs, as a quarterfinal. In both games and for both teams, win and you advance to the Final 4.

That's what we want, no?
12-02-2017 10:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
RE: ACC and SEC title games - what we wanted, right?
(12-02-2017 10:39 AM)quo vadis Wrote:  These games are structurally how we want a CCG to relate to the playoffs, as a quarterfinal. In both games and for both teams, win and you advance to the Final 4.

That's what we want, no?

Most years for the SEC the answer is yes. And even this year there is some logic. Auburn's lost twice and Georgia once to Auburn. If Auburn beats them again then by record we deserve the nod. If they beat us then by record they do.

In the ACC if you are going to determine a champion then Miami needs to play Clemson.

So even this year they serve their purpose.

But in all years the make the SEC and probably the ACC more money than any other game.
12-02-2017 11:17 AM
tigerjamesc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: more wins
(12-02-2017 10:39 AM)quo vadis Wrote:  These games are structurally how we want a CCG to relate to the playoffs, as a quarterfinal. In both games and for both teams, win and you advance to the Final 4.

That's what we want, no?

My question is what happens if TCU wins the B12? Bama gets in? Over the SEC runner up?
12-02-2017 11:30 AM
Advertisement

TerpsNPhoenix Offline
1st String

I Root For: Maryland & Elon
(12-02-2017 11:30 AM)tigerjamesc Wrote:  

That's what we want, no?

My question is what happens if TCU wins the B12? Bama gets in? Over the SEC runner up?
Plenty of time left in the game but OU is running roughshod over TCU

Edit... Until I check back and OU is only up by 3.
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2017 02:03 PM by TerpsNPhoenix.)
12-02-2017 01:53 PM
EvilVodka Offline
stuff

I Root For: FSU LSU
(12-02-2017 11:30 AM)tigerjamesc Wrote:  

That's what we want, no?

If TCU were to come back and win, then it opens up a debate between Alabama, USC, and TCU
12-02-2017 02:40 PM
Advertisement

ken d Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: college sports

That's what we want, no?

I'm not 100% certain that Miami would jump Alabama if they won. If there were also a second upset - like OSU beating Wisconsin - I believe Miami would get in over the Buckeyes.
12-02-2017 02:58 PM
EvilVodka Offline
stuff

I Root For: FSU LSU
(12-02-2017 02:58 PM)ken d Wrote:  

That's what we want, no?

I'm not 100% certain that Miami would jump Alabama if they won. If there were also a second upset - like OSU beating Wisconsin - I believe Miami would get in over the Buckeyes.

Miami is a lock...they would have wins over #1 Clemson and Notre Dame....that's better than anything Alabama has

Miami would also be conference champs
12-02-2017 03:03 PM
Advertisement

msm96wolf Offline
All American

I Root For:
OU has made the CFP Committee happy. You know they are rooting for Wisc tonight.
12-02-2017 05:06 PM
billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

I Root For: ECU, Army
I don’t.
12-02-2017 05:46 PM
ken d Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: college sports
(12-02-2017 05:06 PM)msm96wolf Wrote:  OU has made the CFP Committee happy. You know they are rooting for Wisc tonight.

If Clemson completes its beatdown of Miami, the committee will have an interesting choice to make if Ohio State wins. They will be a conference champ, but have two bad losses. Alabama didn't play in its CCG, but only have one loss, and come into today ranked 3 spots higher than the Buckeyes.

Clemson, Oklahoma and Georgia would be sure things. Looking at it from a political point of view, might they give Bama the fourth golden ticket just to demonstrate that they aren't biased in favor of Ohio State, who were selected twice when many thought they should have been left out? That might be karmic payback for jumping them over B1G champ Penn State last year.

This is no purely theoretical question at this point, as the Buckeyes appear to be dominating the Badgers right now.

This is why we keep watching.
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2017 09:36 PM by ken d.)
12-02-2017 09:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.